Author Topic: Pedal board madness!  (Read 8465 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pedal board madness!
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 11:45:44 AM »
I am so not a FX guy and my *entire* pedalboard is my three channel selector footswitch for my Blackstar Head.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2015, 11:56:39 AM »
199. totally worth it tho. the dudes at old blood (there's only three of them by the way) are the making the best pedals around, and i need to have them all.

i got it last night, and played for like two hours, and i woke up, and immediately played for an hour. i love it so much. the tremolo setting is amazing, and the hold switch is wild.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 11:57:33 PM »
Man. I really want one.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2015, 12:02:14 AM »
Wow.......this thread inspired me to go and check out what the story is with the old effect pedals I was using in the 80's and early 90's - they sell for more now used than they did back then brand new.

I was obsessed with my pedals until I got the old Korg A3 which was a pretty mean rack unit at the time.  Unfortunately even if I started playing now the inbuilt battery would be dead , along with all my custom effects.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
Oooh what do you have lying around?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 01:15:18 AM »
Oooh what do you have lying around?

I'm reading just now that after I made the Korg A3 famous , The Edge made it even famous-er  ;D

I have that and various other things (foot controller, Dunlop Cry Baby Wah etc...) in a rack/case and maybe half a dozen or more Boss pedals from back then.............Digital metalizer , Turbo Distortion,  T-Wah , Phaser, Hi BAnd Flanger, Digital Delay etc..

I had an Eventide harmonizer at one point but pretty sure I sold it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:46:54 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 03:07:56 AM »
Wow!  Some pretty well sort after boss stuff in there!

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 10:25:47 PM »
just sold my boss dd-7. i'm kinda sad to see it go, but i never really used it all that much, so it was the right thing to do.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
I'd all but forgotten I'd started this!

Anyway, my board has undergone some rather substantial changes:

Fewer pedal, but more expensive ones!  The Darkglass B7K preamp is the sound I've been chasing for about 20 years or so.  Incredible clarity, upper mid grit, good punch.  It plays perfectly with my L-2000, and sits quite nicely with my Ric 4001 copy as well.

Overall, the board is very angry, with all that drive.  The fuzz at the front of the chain (the Team Awesome Fuzz Machine) may get swapped for the Darkglass Fuzz, but aside from that, I think it's settling into a fairly stable configuration.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015, 07:01:01 AM »
I need that reverb.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »
I need that reverb.

It's awesome...cheap, small, sounds good, and can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be (via toneprint).  It's nice to just add that little something, just to make my tone a little more three dimensional.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »
nice board! sadly I just don't have the money to put into a really nice pedal set up...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 03:04:49 AM »
I need that reverb.

It's awesome...cheap, small, sounds good, and can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be (via toneprint).  It's nice to just add that little something, just to make my tone a little more three dimensional.

I was actally talking about the one PiffyPat posted, but the Hall of Fame is also really grat. How does the Nano version compare to his larger brother? I tested that one once and was very impressed by the sounds that came out.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
I need that reverb.

I was actally talking about the one PiffyPat posted, but the Hall of Fame is also really grat. How does the Nano version compare to his larger brother? I tested that one once and was very impressed by the sounds that came out.

It's just smaller, which means that you have to make your adjustments (aside from effect level) via TonePrint or the editing software, rather than on the face of the pedal.  In many cases, that would bother me, but since my reverb use is pretty straightforward, it's no issue here.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2015, 10:04:46 PM »
I need that reverb.

the procession is great because it can be just a simple digital reverb or a wild choppy tremolo verb, or a cool filter. it's super fun to use. the hold switch is amazing.
prog sucks

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »
Major rework/downsizing (though it's no cheaper...just more expensive pedals):

Empress Multidrive (distortion/fuzz/overdrive) -> Darkglass Vintage Microtubes (overdrive) -> AMT wah -> Empress compressor -> Empress Nebulus (chorus/vibrato/flanger) -> tuner -> Reverb -> Darkglass B7K preamp

That Empress comp...oh my.  Makes my tone beefier and adds sustain, but without choking off the natural dynamics.

Now, about that empty space at the top...

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2015, 01:31:02 AM »
sick.
prog sucks

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
u guys. i did it again. i bought another reverb. (i'm at three now)

prog sucks

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 05:33:48 AM »
is this as crazy as the other obn reverb you got? super keen on getting a good reverb and intrigued by these guys' pedals.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »
definitely just as crazy if not more. i like it a bit more actually. it's a long form reverb, so you can get it loooong, and the delay mode can self oscillate, so it can get super wild.
prog sucks

Offline Skeever

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 07:01:04 PM »
Got this baby in the mail today: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SDD3000

Loving it!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »
^Wow that looks good, if a little complicated.  may have to research that one...