Author Topic: Amaranthe  (Read 16536 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Amaranthe
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 03:04:39 AM »
weez got a Delain thread now yo

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
Amaranthe are already recording another album? NICE.  I love them.  They were great in concert too, so much fun and energy although from the show I went to in NYC last year, Jake looked completely uninterested.  Anyway, Im pumped to see them in the fall when they open for Within Temptation....

and yes there is a Delain thread, but Ill add that I am really liking their new album so far. (and thier continued use of Marco as guest vocalist)

Offline adace

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
Massive Addictive is out Oct. 12!

01. Dynamite
02. Drop Dead Cynical
03. Trinity
04. Massive Addictive
05. Digital World
06. True
07. Unreal
08. Over and Done
09. Danger Zone
10. Skyline
11. An Ordinary Abnormality
12. Exhale
Read more at https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/amaranthe-to-release-massive-addictive-in-october/#5wmZUjTtXACRKTR6.99

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »
Cool, ill be getting it, but:

New screamer Henrik Englund Wilhelmsson puts his stamp on the material, as well.

What happened to the other screamer?  I actually liked his vocals for a screamer

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 03:30:15 PM »
I wish they'd just do away with the screamer. He makes the songs sound repetitive more than anything else.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
He was actually my favorite part of the band. :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
I wish they'd just do away with the screamer. He makes the songs sound repetitive more than anything else.

I thought he added the most diversity honestly and im not a screamer fan in general.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

I thought he added the most diversity honestly and im not a screamer fan in general.

I'm generally not, and although I can tolerate that kind of screaming, he just adds nothing for me and nothing to the songs. Completely unnecessary.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
I wonder if this is the singer, thats me on the left with the screamer who toured with them last year in NYC.

Offline adace

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
I was a sneaky bastard and heard it a few days ago. I actually don't mind it, but the chorus melody, mainly the name drop is ripped off from some butt rock song chorus I hear every so often at my work. All I remember of it is what sounds like "digital! Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah" Regardless, Amaranthe is pop metal and this song is that to the core.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
Not bad, but its missing that energy from the music of the first two albums.  I am also happy that the new screamer sounds fine, Im not a big fan of screamers in general but I liked the original one and was worried I might be turned off by the new guy.  He seems fine, I think he is actually the guy I am in the picture with above as he was touring with them last year.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »
Yeah, something just doesn't feel right about this new song.  Hmmmm...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
Ive given it a bunch of listens now to form a better opinion... and I love it.  It's a bit different and it threw me off after the first listen, but this song is actually really awesome now.  Im not an EDM fan, but the beat at around 2:30 is actually pretty cool and feels right.  The chorus is catchy as usual for them.  Reminds me a lot of Manson's Beautiful people with the guitar rift and beat, which I was never really into, but this feels like its got that beat right.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
I like the song. New screamer is good.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2e_3ZnJcTE

New lyric video for the song Trinity

I like it.  Very pumped for the new album based on the two new songs.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Massive Addictive is everything you'd expect from Amaranthe, except it's poppier than the first two albums combined. That being said, I really like it.

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
I caught them last week opening up for Within Temptation. Nothing I heard that night made me want to buy any of their music. I found the whole three vocalist thing to be almost distracting. Kind of interesting and different at first, but it felt more like a novelty and when the novelty feel wore off, about three songs into their set, I lost interest and was waiting for the headliner to take the stage. I thought the music was excellent, but not into the whole three-vocalist thing...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
I kind of feel the same, but I've gotten used to it.  I'm hoping maybe one day they drop the male singers and just have Elize as the main vocalist. I don't mind Celine Dion Metal. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
Never bothered with Album #2.  Debut was fun, but I think I'd get tired of them pretty quick.  Can't see me making an effort with #3
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:52 AM »
I caught them last week opening up for Within Temptation. Nothing I heard that night made me want to buy any of their music. I found the whole three vocalist thing to be almost distracting. Kind of interesting and different at first, but it felt more like a novelty and when the novelty feel wore off, about three songs into their set, I lost interest and was waiting for the headliner to take the stage. I thought the music was excellent, but not into the whole three-vocalist thing...

When I saw them live the singing guy was constantly out of tune and Elize also made quite some sour notes. Maybe a bad evening, but I found the whole performance sub-par. Se was better with Kamelot. The vibe was nice though and I still enjoyed it (but came for Stratovarius anyways).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »
I thought they were great last week when I saw them open for Within Temptation.  However, that was the second time I saw them and both times the clean male vocalists (Jake E) seems so uninterested.  I dont know whats up with him, but he gives such a negative vibe when he performs and it sucks because I love him on the albums.

As for Elyse, I think she tries to hard with being sexy and everything and sometimes her singing can suffer from it, but overall she is pretty good live.  The new screamer is really good though, he can perform.  In the US the new album isnt out yet so I have yet to listen, but given the two singles, I think it will be really good.

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »
I thought they were great last week when I saw them open for Within Temptation.  However, that was the second time I saw them and both times the clean male vocalists (Jake E) seems so uninterested.  I dont know whats up with him, but he gives such a negative vibe when he performs and it sucks because I love him on the albums.

As for Elyse, I think she tries to hard with being sexy and everything and sometimes her singing can suffer from it, but overall she is pretty good live.  The new screamer is really good though, he can perform.  In the US the new album isnt out yet so I have yet to listen, but given the two singles, I think it will be really good.

I think if it was just Elyse and the screamer, or even the clean guy and the screamer, it would have been better. Throwing another clean vocalist into the mix gave everything an unbalanced feel to it, from a vocal standpoint. Too much dynamic difference in each and every song. Individually, the singers were fine. But as a combined, it felt awkward and uneven.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
To each his own, I love it when both clean singers sing the catchy choruses together.  I think its original and works well.  The first two albums are very similar though and I think thats part of the problem with three singers, but I enjoy it.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »
I kind of feel the same, but I've gotten used to it.  I'm hoping maybe one day they drop the male singers and just have Elize as the main vocalist. I don't mind Celine Dion Metal.

This needs to happen.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
Fuck, I loved Trinity.

I love this band so much.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline PetFish

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2014, 03:40:28 AM »
Drop Dead Cynical has grown on me so I'll definitely iTunes this when it comes out.

One thing I don't get, though, is they use a lot of keyboards in their music but they don't have one on tour with them.  Yeah, play to a click track for the odd song, but when so much of you music has keys in it why not just get one?

Offline efx

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2014, 09:06:17 AM »
Really dig the new album, Olof from the band hooked me up with a preview stream a while back and I like it a lot more than the previous one which I felt was a bit uneven. This one pretty much rocks from beginning to end.

For PetFish's question about keyboard players, it's probably a combination of money (not having to pay an extra member to tour with them) and the fact that they then would be 7 players on stage which might be a bit cramped.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
Amaranthe is probably one of the best-sounding metal bands on the planet (production-wise, of course). The vocals sound amazing, the guitars sound amazing, etc. everything is so spot on and precise it's ridiculous.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline adace

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
The new album's great. Might be my favorite of theirs.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »
The new album's great. Might be my favorite of theirs.

Have to agree. Excellent album.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
Saw them last night, they are touring with a different screamer.  They said his name and band he was from but I couldn't make it out.  Henrik is still the screamer, he just did not come for the tour due to his girlfriend giving birth to their child as the band said.  This was my third time seeing them, pretty solid performance overall and a lot of fun.  The highlight for me were the songs Massive Addictive, Drop Dead Cinical, and Dynamite (all songs from the newest album).  I got a couple cool videos:

Elize sang happy birthday to a girl in the crowd:

https://youtu.be/KCXaxGm0cmU

and the full song Electroheart:

https://youtu.be/078bZMwwmms

Offline PetFish

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
I can't stand full-time scream-o but Amaranthe has just enough to make it work, for me at least.  Also, even though I can't tell what makes a good screamer, I think I like the original guy better.

Also, they use so many keyboards in-studio, they really should get one to perform live with.  If it was only a little keys here and there, no big deal, but there's a lot of them.

My favourite album is still their first one and Amaranthine is what brought me in to begin with.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2015, 10:56:24 PM »
New Video for Digital World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6PYAkXO-bU

Some seriously heavy riffing in this one, especially at about 2:43.  I love their videos, the same guy does each one and also for other artists, it's so cool to have a theme/story to watch while listening.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2015, 06:26:46 AM »
New Video for Digital World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6PYAkXO-bU

Some seriously heavy riffing in this one, especially at about 2:43.  I love their videos, the same guy does each one and also for other artists, it's so cool to have a theme/story to watch while listening.

Yea Patric Ullaeus does a lot of the videos for bands I listen to.  Digital World is an awesome song.