Author Topic: House Of Cards (Netflix) - Final season, the end. (spoilers ahead)  (Read 19891 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: House Of Cards (Entire series on Netflix) - v.Season 3 (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
The still frame of that is my desktop.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
I always just assumed that season 4 would be the last, so that the number of episodes were the same as number of cards in a deck. I heard that theory somewhere and just bought it. But another season is good too!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2016, 10:56:45 PM »
The still frame of that is my desktop.

I like your desktop.

And yeah, I reckon that the next seasons after S4 will deal with Frank's loss of his power (it wouldn't be fun if he stayed at the top of the food chain forever), and that's something I'm really looking forward.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline faizoff

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2016, 08:28:08 AM »
New season is available!!! I've already in 4 episodes and it's excellent so far. Episode 4 is danngggg!!!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2016, 10:07:50 AM »
We will probably catch some of it tonight.  Looking forward to it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2016, 02:44:25 AM »
Jesus christ thank you so much for going back to the original format (for the most part). Funny enough, it makes me hate parts of S3 that I originally disliked even more because they've all but back tracked the entire debacle between Claire and Frank. I mean, yes, the turmoil is there and I'm sure will grow and stem from the foundation laid, but god damn...a whole season nearly dedicated to that bullshit and now they're almost exactly as they once were but are now simply more open about their dislike and/or betrayals of one another...? Could've done without like half of S3. But it's done and this is a fantastic return to form and I am loving the hell out of it thus far (and the fucking OBLITERATION to the fourth wall, yesyesyesyes).

Superb. Five episodes in and counting.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2016, 05:51:34 AM »
Only had time for the first episode last night, but it was fantastic.  Hopefully we will get time for more today.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »
Finished the season last night and it was awesome. I had a ball watching every episode.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
 :lol I'll be finishing it today no doubt. Crazy binge watchers unite! There's going to be a lot of that this year. So many awesome shows coming back.

RIP DTP.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
Yea it's the first time I've done it really. Binge watched an entire season in one day that too on release day.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Re: House Of Cards (Entire series on Netflix) - v.Season 4 (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »
Finished! Awesome, fantastic stuff. Really went back to basics (for the most part) and totally blew S3 out of the water in every single conceivable aspect. I was really thinking before I started watching that by the end of this I'd either be done or would stop watching halfway through the season and now I'm really looking forward to S5. Bravo.

RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
That's good to hear.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2016, 11:29:33 AM »
3 episodes into the new season. Its not doing it for me, but I'll stick with it.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »
I'm five episodes into the season and I couldn't be more hooked. Seems to me like big step ahead from season 3, which I liked but wasn't as awesome as season 2.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2016, 08:38:11 PM »
As everyone has said, this was 'back to basics' and such an improvement on S3.  It works best with the political stakes and personal issues.  When the show creates world issues (Jordan Valley), it struggles.

Nice to see the fourth wall again. 

Great last scene:  " We are......................."
[won't spoil it]

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2016, 02:22:49 AM »
I watched the last few episodes over and I really want S5 already.  :lol

Yeah, that last line as well as the cinematography for it is fucking perfection. Everyone wincing...and they're...gazing. It's so juicy. SO. JUICY.

Kevin Spacey, you magnificent bastard. I even liked Robin Wright this time around, whom I utterly detested in every imaginable fashion for some of S2 and the entirety of S3. But it's all about dat Spacey. Such a motherfucker.  :heart

RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2016, 04:33:58 AM »
Finished it just now. And that final moment was chilling, one of the best moments of the show.

I was so happy when Frank and Claire decided to get back to together again. I always thought that the core of the show isn't just Frank's plotting, but Frank and Claire plotting together. That's when the show shines the brightest and that's one thing I loved about season 4 once I finished it.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2016, 02:26:33 PM »
I watched the entire season in two days. What a ride! I wasn't that into season 3,  but this was intense.. At par with season 2 without a doubt! The last episode was just..wow..
Loved Robocop as the republican cantidate  :lol

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »
Yeah, really surprised to see fellow swede Joel Kinnaman in House of Cards.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »
Great season. Last year was just so meh, but this season was back on point. So, next season going to be the last, you figure?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »
I love Joel Kinnaman he was awesome in The Killing. He did great as the republican candidate against Frank. I really love the 4th season, it was so awesome and might just be my favorite season yet.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
Holy shit, the finale of this season wtf I don't even

Spoilers, of course:
The Underwoods are about to hit a low, low point with their upcoming war of terror. That's the evil, yet elegant side of the Underwoods I missed throughout season 3.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:39 AM »
I think season 2 is still my favorite. Nothing so far quite beats how tense and nerve-wrecking those final few episodes of S02 were. But season 4 might be second best for me.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »
Definitely enjoyed this season more than the last two although the show has this quirky structure where they focus intensely on one issue for two or three episodes and then cuts immediately to the next issue for the next two or three and you hear almost nothing about the previous crisis plot point. It is kind of reflective on the real life media's flavor of the week mentality and how we as a society processes big news stories.

A nitpicky example would be:
When did the gas crisis start and what happened to it? It was such a big issue in the middle of the season and after the G7 summit it just sort of vanished as even a news story. No one even mentioned it whereas it would most likely be a huge story even if the summit resolution eased things for a bit.

I did like Claire a lot more this season. I could not stand her character last season even in an entertaining sort of disdain.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2016, 08:06:25 AM »
Only had time to catch 3 episodes so far.  Loving it, but Claire is maddening thus far.

Hopefully, we will have time to catch a few more episodes this week.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2016, 10:56:36 AM »
I did like Claire a lot more this season. I could not stand her character last season even in an entertaining sort of disdain.
I hear you. Claire was not a great asset to the show in season 3, but I think she totally kicked this new season's ass.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2016, 06:23:46 AM »
Can anyone verify if the whole donor list priority thing is accurate or was it hammed up to give Doug something to do at the end of the season? Is there any reason the President of the United States wouldn't immediately jump to number one on the list? Sure there might be a great dad with three kids at number one but he isn't running the fucking country.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
No idea if that's legit or not, but it wouldn't surprise me, I didn't think anything of it.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2016, 01:51:49 AM »
Just watched the final episode last night and overall I agree that it's been a great season, especially after the Underwoods got back together.

There was one thing I didn't like though and it's the resolution of the conflict with Durant. Unless something got lost in translation, Frank's threats in the Oval Office do not strike me as enough to sway her from running for President to just staying as Secretary of State. This was one of those seemingly unsolvable conflicts that I was eager to see resolved in Underwood fashion (manipulation and ruining someone's career) and I was underwhelmed, I felt as if the writers had nothing so they opted for the simplest resolution.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
Mega bump to finally comment on these series, now that I've catched up.

First two seasons were good, if the series would have ended after Season 2 with Frank knocing on the Oval Office's desk it would have been a fitting closure.
Third season was kinda meh, but fourth season was a marked and evident improvement. Especially the final episode was breathtaking, it was almost like a thriller movie.

I agree with the last comment made in this thread - the annoying problem with a show based on a bad guy like House of Cards is that the bad guy always has to win. He meet strong adversaries, and then they all melt away like nothing. Cathy Durant was a real problem, and then all it took was a "I kill people! ahahahaha no, I don't, but I would have. Do what I say" moment to turn her around.

The scene was acted brilliantly by Kevin Spacey, just like everything he does, but the plot was weak.

Anyway, since this show already takes a lot of liberties and is not interested in being realistic... how un-realistic will it get for you in future seasons? will Frank become a dictator postponing  or suspending the election, and actually keeping power for himself? story-wise he will be re-elected, it's hard to imagine the show going on with him no longer in the White House.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
I've probably written this in this thread but since it's been while, my problem with the writers isn't so much how they resolve conflicts, although they haven't been too clever in the later seasons as has been brought up, but more so in the conflicts they create. Some of the biggest conflict points in the series are just so dumb and convoluted that for a show that's a half-step out of reality it typically takes it too far. For example how is that nuanced and convoluted business dealing with Tusk and President Walker ever something that a country would obsess itself over to the point where the President's approval rating drops to some ridiculous number and he is forced to resign? I know it's more a display of how Underwood works but a) that whole plotline is confusing as hell and b) there is no way the general public would react the way the show says they did. The Jordan Valley thing was handled the same way. Completely minor thing that happened that was blown up into huge thing that the show itself was trying to convince the viewer was huge. I can get the public reaction for that one since Benghazi was a big deal to a certain faction of people but I'd like to get a conflict that wasn't trying to make mountains out of molehills.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2017, 11:29:27 AM »
Yeah, I agree... it's a show where the Vice President kills people, has threesomes with the guards and plots on a Joker level of foresight, and what they chose to use to bring down a sitting president? some controversy over economical deals with China. When I figured out the series was heading towards Frank framing Walker, I was anticipating the gigantic scandal that would have caused it, and it was just what happened? that was anticlimatic.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline faizoff

Re: House Of Cards (Netflix) - v.Season 5 (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
Season 5 is out folks. Odd that it was released on a Tuesday deviating from the norm of a Friday release. I guess they wanted to give that slot to the final season of Bloodline instead. Glad I'm working at home today ;-)
Great stuff so far.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: House Of Cards (Netflix) - v.Season 5 (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
I don't think I'll have time to start watching this until next week, which sucks. But I am definetely excited about this!