Author Topic: House Of Cards (Netflix) - Final season, the end. (spoilers ahead)  (Read 19872 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: House Of Cards (Entire series on Netflix) - v.Season 3 (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »
There's another theory behind that, which I can agree with. I'm talking about the tinnitus type sounds where he was nearly incapacitated without pills for the first episode. After that it was just walking limp and being same old Doug.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
Just finished season 3. While I would say that this was the least strong (saying 'weak' just wouldn't feel right) season so far, it's still really interesting and still remains as my second favorite show I've seen. But I agree with what has been said here before, this season felt more like half a season, like it was mostly building towards next year.

Offline Xanthul

Yep, this was easily my least favorite season, though the last 3-4 episodes were pretty intense. I have to say that Robin Wright and Kevin Spacey have amazing chemistry, I'd say their kind of relationship is very hard to act properly and they do an outstanding job at it. The scene in the Oval Office was incredible.

Offline faizoff

Even though season 3 was the least eventful and a much different pace than the rest I still liked it. But like I said before a major portion just seems like a setup for probably the last season.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Just started Season 3, but I just want to say that I am glad that Doug didn't die at the end of 2.  Something about his character is just really great.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Just started watching this series.  About 7 episodes in on the first season.  Loving it thus far.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Just started watching this series.  About 7 episodes in on the first season.  Loving it thus far.

*waits for Hef's "WTF?!!!?!?!?!?!!!" post*

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Well, I just watched the first episode of season 2.

WTF
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I made the mistake of watching that one night before going to bed.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I made the mistake of watching that one night before going to bed.
We watched one more after that before turning in.

Loved the cufflinks: FU

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Loved the cufflinks: FU

Yeah, I laughed when I saw them and thought ''haha what?? why would he have 'fuck you' cufflinks?'' for a second before I remembered his name.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

WTF

While a great "Holy shit, did that really just happen?" moment, I think the loss of her character really took something away from the show.  It's like they sacrificed the long term for the sake of having a holy shit moment.

Offline faizoff

WTF
While a great "Holy shit, did that really just happen?" moment, I think the loss of her character really took something away from the show.  It's like they sacrificed the long term for the sake of having a holy shit moment.
The plot lines follow the UK version of House of Cards where many of the same major events occur so it's not like they don't have an outline to go by.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:43:18 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member

WTF

I disagree, because the season following that death is the best so far. So the show did just fine.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

WTF

I don't know, I guess I'll see.

But I loathed her character, so it's a win for me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I only have one episode left in Season 2, which we will hit tonight.

I am loving this show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Finished season 2.

Frank, you son of a bitch.

Offline faizoff

Awesome, you'll find season 3 is set at a different pace than the previous 2. It's still good but more tamed.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
Hefdaddy42, after watching the season 3 opening few minutes , let us know what you think.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hefdaddy42, after watching the season 3 opening few minutes , let us know what you think.
I certainly will.

Should be sometime in the next night or two.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
The final few episodes of season 2 are some of the most without-violence-intense I've ever seen. Fantastic stuff.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That was incredible.  Caught it last night.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2015, 05:42:09 AM »
During the weekend began rewatching season 3 and man the first two episodes were a lot more intriguing than what I remember. I think the binge watching during opening weekend kinda numbs your memory of each episode and now taking the time to let everything soak in really helped. I'd say the first two episodes while definitely a different pace than previous seasons were on par with them.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2015, 04:46:03 AM »
OK, finally caught up.

Man, this show is all kinds of awesome.

Too bad that Doug wound up killing that girl.  The seldom seen redemption/no redemption swerve.

WTF at Claire?

So, I guess the next season drops in February?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
February is the usual release date for the show. So far I haven't seen any chatter whether the next season would be the last.
I too was sad about Rachel's fate in that last episode. On second viewing I realized it was more chilling than I remembered. I found her character a bit annoying in the first season but loved her in the next two seasons even though she's barely there in the 3rd one.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
I saw it coming from ten miles away and didn't like her character anyway. But it was indeed cold and it's sad that Doug regressed this much and is too far gone at this point. I mean, don't get me wrong, pretty much every main character is a cocksucking piece of shit, but y'know, among the cocksuckers, his is especially strong.  :lol

I'm pretty much ambivalent about the show at this point. I really didn't enjoy S3 nearly as much as the first two and outright disliked the latter-half of the season at some points. It just felt like a different show, especially in regards to the breakage of the 4th wall, which was one of my favorite aspects and the fact that it was so toned down that it was nearly nonexistent left me disappointed in its own right. But I just do not give a single flying fuck about the Frank/Claire drama. They were so much better when they were just indifferent (other than a few physical moments) towards each other as they were throughout a lot of S1.

I'll no doubt at least check out S3, but I'm guessing it's more or less a boredom killer for me now instead of the powerhouse that it was in S1/2. Shame. But I love Spacey enough to keep checking it out. I really hope it gets back on track with the deception, lies, intrigue and less of that ex-wife of his. Well, I shouldn't say that...I didn't like a lot of Claire's moments in S3, but I still like her enough as a character...but it's Frank and Claire together that really just makes me wanna shut the show off sometimes.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »
Awesome, can't wait!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »
Awesome ad 'poster', pretty much a useless teaser other than the date. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes and am hoping for a return to form immensely because I really want to love this show again. I'm hoping, but I'm also not holding my breath... Either way it'll be a good ride, but that's an ocean of difference in the genius that was S1/2. Still excited. Kinda. It's all bout dat Spacey anyway.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se44ed4KBMA

When I first saw the FU, my dirty mind and Franks personality, I thought of 'Fuck U 16' instead of Frank Underwood.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:35:57 AM by mike099 »
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2015, 03:36:19 AM »
Same for me, also when he put those cufflinks on the sink at the end of S02E01.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
Just binge watched the entire series in 4 days.

Loved everything up until the last episode of season two where he took office as president. From there it was just good imo.

My favorite parts include the shock of murdering Russo, Zoe pushed in front of the train  :metal Her character pissed me off from the very first time I saw her and of course, Frank standing behind his desk as president and tapping it with the ring. That image is my new desktop.

The Doug rachel obsession was the only thing I hated about the show.

Looking forward to seeing season 4 though.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2015, 09:05:52 PM »
One thing that has bugged me is how stupid the whole impeachment/resignation plot of the second season was. It was so convoluted just watching it unfold to really believe that the entire country would fold on this guy to the point of giving him the lowest approval ratings ever just seemed a little bit beyond farfetched especially considering how mundane the setup was. Maybe since you just watched it you may have a better explanation but I just couldn't get into how public perception could really crumble under something so stupid like that. I have the same issue with the whole Jordan Valley thing. The show has this perception that every person in America is just glued to their TVs and is up in arms over something so minute as if it's an extreme make or break for a president which seems highly unrealistic. The public opinion the showrunners depict only seem to show a very very small percentage of people who actually care if these were real life events.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2016, 06:02:38 PM »
The show has been renewed for a fifth season, as the same time the showrunner has left/quit/removed which kinda makes my head scratch. I'm optimistic in that they found a pitch for season 5 compelling to continue the show, I just hope they're not riding on their coattails to extend the show just because they have to. Whatever the case may be I'll be watching till the end.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »
Let me share with you an awesome gif

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing