Author Topic: Cover My Eyes appreciation thread  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
Re: Cover My Eyes appreciation thread
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 05:44:55 AM »
I love it. Actually, I love all the FII b-sides. I really like the upbeat, driven 90s sound of this one.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:50 AM »
This song would have been a perfect b-side.

Well maybe I miss something but it is B-side isn't it?

No.  A "B-side" is a song released with a single, originally the single would be on Side A of a record, and the B-side would be on, well, side B.  With the advent of CD singles, they're all on the same side, but all of the added tracks are "B-sides".  "Cover My Eyes" was never released in this manner.

That's interesting, thank you for explanation :) But nowadays as far as I know everybody uses the term B-Side for any song that was not released on official album, maybe I'm wrong but I see it everywhere used in this way... It's still interesting to know where this term originally came from.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Late to the party on this, but this is easily in my top three favorite DT songs ever.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 02:19:54 PM »
This song would have been a perfect b-side.

Well maybe I miss something but it is B-side isn't it?

No.  A "B-side" is a song released with a single, originally the single would be on Side A of a record, and the B-side would be on, well, side B.  With the advent of CD singles, they're all on the same side, but all of the added tracks are "B-sides".  "Cover My Eyes" was never released in this manner.

That's interesting, thank you for explanation :) But nowadays as far as I know everybody uses the term B-Side for any song that was not released on official album, maybe I'm wrong but I see it everywhere used in this way... It's still interesting to know where this term originally came from.

This, although I understand the history, I assume this was now what a b-side is.

Offline RedKlouD72

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »
More examples of record company stupidity:
1. Not releasing this officially at all
2. Releasing "The Way It Used To Be" on the "Hollow Years" single instead of this
3. Not releasing this on an album that they wanted to be "more commercial"

:huh:

I wish record companies would take their heads out their asses and actually USE THEM.

I love "The Way It Used To Be"       

Your third point though... it makes complete sense.   I'll take "Cover My Eyes" over New Millennium, You Not Me, Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, or Burning My Soul any day of the week.   Yeah, once ya get past track 5 on FII, it really starts to get better.

AND THANK YOU WASTELAND FOR SHARING that live recording of CME.  Awesome stuff.
Ludicrously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo