Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 277407 times)

Offline Labrie1984

Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #875 on: May 22, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
Perhaps the live album is so freaking amazing that needs the creation of another digital device to be played (p.e.REDRAY) Just kidding!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: May 22, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
HoloRay !

Petrucci's guitar comes out of the screen at you and you can ping the strings behind the nut and JP will smile and nod.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #877 on: May 22, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
There's a man somewhere whose duty is burning the dvd's and blurays but he's quite busy watching it. I know where he lives...

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #878 on: May 23, 2013, 03:54:40 AM »
I've pre ordered the deluxe edition from emp online, today an email sadly reported the release date to be the first november 2013  :censored

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #879 on: May 23, 2013, 04:57:32 AM »
That's some good news!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: May 23, 2013, 05:36:38 AM »
I've pre ordered the deluxe edition from emp online, today an email sadly reported the release date to be the first november 2013  :censored

This just gets better and better.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #881 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:49 AM »
Looks like you're right: https://www.emp.fi/art_260416/

Now I hope they'll release the album first... :-\

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #882 on: May 23, 2013, 07:13:23 AM »
I really can't understand the delay and the silence from DT about this live album.

Even if there were production problems, they could at least tell us to know what to expect.
The trailer still has May as the expected release date, is this matter so completely out of DT's hands?

Offline Knguro

« Reply #883 on: May 23, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »
Why would they release the DVD after the new album??? ???
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #884 on: May 23, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »
I really can't understand the delay and the silence from DT about this live album.

Even if there were production problems, they could at least tell us to know what to expect.
The trailer still has May as the expected release date, is this matter so completely out of DT's hands?

Agreed.  I know the band is recording the new album, but, while I have the patience to wait for this release, the band's silence in regards to the delay is very disappointing.  It would literally take two minutes for one of them to give an update on social media.

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #885 on: May 23, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
Yes, that would be most welcome.

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #886 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »
As much as I no longer respect Mike Portnoy as a person (due to blowing off a meet-and-greet that I was promised at an Adrenaline Mob show), if he was still in the band he would have let us know what was going on with the delayed release a long time ago.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: May 23, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »
I'm also finding myself increasingly put-off by the radio silence we're getting from the guys. Even given the recent decline-to-comments from JP and JR, I get the sense that fans are now on a "need to know" basis regarding any future DT news. Not really cool.

A couple of my personal guesses:

1.) Something is seriously wrong with the release, and the band can't talk about it
2.) The current version of DT are just not interested in maintaining the inclusiveness Mike Portnoy fostered with the fans

Or, it could be a bit of both, which is probably most likely.

Again, I don't mind waiting, but the silence from DT and PR statements don't really sit well with me. Can't say I like it.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #888 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anyone who was at the show or talked to someone who was at the show knows- how did they do on that part in Metropolis Part 1 that they occasionally mess up? Did they nail it for the DVD?

Not sure what part they mess up normally but if you ask me Metropolis was perfect, then again, maybe I missed it in the excitement.
There is no part they mess up normally.

Thus why the great Sixdgamaticor said "occasionally"  ;D

For shits and giggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgP-WI7E3L0

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #889 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:38 AM »
We could just start flooding the FB page until we get a response... Shit. If we were able to come together and win them March Madness, we could do this no problem.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: May 23, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
I think everything they post gets met with various comments asking for the Luna Park release date.

So, obviously, they either don't care, or haven't been reading their Facebook  ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #891 on: May 23, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »
I'm also finding myself increasingly put-off by the radio silence we're getting from the guys. Even given the recent decline-to-comments from JP and JR, I get the sense that fans are now on a "need to know" basis regarding any future DT news. Not really cool.

A couple of my personal guesses:

1.) Something is seriously wrong with the release, and the band can't talk about it
2.) The current version of DT are just not interested in maintaining the inclusiveness Mike Portnoy fostered with the fans

Or, it could be a bit of both, which is probably most likely.

Again, I don't mind waiting, but the silence from DT and PR statements don't really sit well with me. Can't say I like it.

From having direct conversations with the band on more than one occasion since the split, I can definitely say that #2 is NOT the reason.  The band, and especially John Petrucci, really want to keep the fans in the loop as much as possible.  Maybe not to the level the Mike did since Mike would (and still does) just say things off the cuff whenever he feels like it, but they do want the fan interaction.  I can say pretty confidently that that isn't the issue. 

But let me suggest a third option.  I don't have any inside information about the DVD release because, frankly, I haven't asked.  So I'm just guessing, but based on what I know about these kinds of processes, and about the fact that they are trying to do some new things with the DVD, here is my thought:

#3:  They haven't said anything because things are in flux with the people involved in actually putting together the DVD and getting it out, and rather than release news that ends up being wrong next week when something else ends up happening that causes another delay, they are waiting until they know something concrete to give us. 

It can be frustrating not only on our end, but also for the band, to have information put out there, and then have to keep retracting and changing it as other obstacles arise.  I think it's a safe bet that unforseen things have popped up and that the band aren't getting answers with enough certainty that give them a comfort level that they can give us anything certain right now.  Yeah, they could take a moment to let us know there is uncertainty, but I could also understand that they don't want to do that and appear like they don't have any control over the situation (even though they likely don't).  I would guess it's something along those lines.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: May 23, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
The way I see it, the remaining members of DT are much more beware about their approach to the media. None of them wants to say something until they are certain that it is exactly that (i remember that we're still waiting for a superexclusivemotherfukingbrilliantthatwill changetherulesofgravity" video content from Over The Edge that was promised on February). The problem in this case is that a reference date had already been indicated, and it was not the correct one. So in one way or another there should be an update . So we have this vicious circle where I am sure they would come out with an explanation of the problem, but they will not until they will also have the solution.
And what i mean is that I do not believe they have no interest in communicating with the fans, it's just that they have a very different way of doing this things than MP, with all their pros and cons.

EDIT: ninja'd by bosk.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #893 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
Does anyone think the release of the new studio album will be predicated on Luna Park's release? In other words, will the record company want to wait, say six months between releases, possibly pushing the new album off until January?

That is my biggest concern.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
Makes sense, guys. Those are really good points.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #895 on: May 23, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Does anyone think the release of the new studio album will be predicated on Luna Park's release? In other words, will the record company want to wait, say six months between releases, possibly pushing the new album off until January?

Yes, this is possible. Let's hope it doesn't happen.  :-\
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #896 on: May 23, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
I also don't think that the band don't care or aren't interested in interacting with us, although I would say that there's a difference between desire and reality. Whatever the issue is, it's obvious they don't feel they can talk about it. As bosk suggests, they probably can't give a firm date because things are in flux. They probably don't want to say why things are in flux because it can give too much insight into things going wrong or at least not going entirely right. MP would have been very open about that sort of thing, which is great, but then he was open about everything, which sometimes wasn't great at all. We now have very tactful and careful people running the band, which comes with both pros and cons.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: May 23, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »

I could see that happening, but I hope not.  That would ruin DT's cycle of releasing an album every two years.  I also have high hopes for my three fav bands -- Queensr˙che, Dream Theater and Fates Warning -- all releasing albums within a few months of each other. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

Yes, this is possible. Let's hope it doesn't happen.  :-\

I don't see this happening at all.

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #899 on: May 23, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
now the page for EMP is updated and this is what it say: Product sold out and no longer available in the future. for all the kind of releases (Deluxe,BR or DVD)...WTF?Still, no word from eagle Rock page, about the future release...IMHO there is something really wrong with the production, maybe with the distribution in EU and all over the world.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »
now the page for EMP is updated and this is what it say: Product sold out and no longer available in the future. for all the kind of releases (Deluxe,BR or DVD)...WTF?Still, no word from eagle Rock page, about the future release...IMHO there is something really wrong with the production, maybe with the distribution in EU and all over the world.

I hope they will send you a refund immediately.
- Marco

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: May 23, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
That sucks Dreamer but, honestly, I've never understood why companies offer pre-orders weeks/months/years before products are actually released, and I've always wondered who actually falls for that, and why. I mean, unless the company your ordering from is offering some nice exclusive content, are you really that willing to hand over your money for something as soon as possible?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #902 on: May 23, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »

Other way round, I reckon. Very possible they could stagger the release dates for maximum revenue, but I think it seems far, far, far more likely that they'd delay the DVD and release the CD on normal schedule. Perhaps releasing the DVD in November, as has been rumoured, and has also been suggested as a month they might not be touring.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #903 on: May 23, 2013, 02:44:25 PM »
I also don't think that the band don't care or aren't interested in interacting with us, although I would say that there's a difference between desire and reality. Whatever the issue is, it's obvious they don't feel they can talk about it. As bosk suggests, they probably can't give a firm date because things are in flux. They probably don't want to say why things are in flux because it can give too much insight into things going wrong or at least not going entirely right. MP would have been very open about that sort of thing, which is great, but then he was open about everything, which sometimes wasn't great at all. We now have very tactful and careful people running the band, which comes with both pros and cons.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
That sucks Dreamer but, honestly, I've never understood why companies offer pre-orders weeks/months/years before products are actually released, and I've always wondered who actually falls for that, and why. I mean, unless the company your ordering from is offering some nice exclusive content, are you really that willing to hand over your money for something as soon as possible?

That cracks me up as well.  Kind of like the people who run and order a CD as soon as it goes on sale online and then it never fails: they receive it like a week after the street date, while those of us who are smart simply waited and got it on the release date at Best Buy or from amazon.  But hey, at least they can say they pre-ordered it first. :rollin :rollin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #905 on: May 23, 2013, 04:03:14 PM »

That cracks me up as well.  Kind of like the people who run and order a CD as soon as it goes on sale online and then it never fails: they receive it like a week after the street date, while those of us who are smart simply waited and got it on the release date at Best Buy or from amazon.  But hey, at least they can say they pre-ordered it first. :rollin :rollin

Depends.  Most of the time, I agree that there is not only no incentive to pre-order, but actually a disincentive for the reasons you mention.  But I can think of a couple of exceptions:
1.  Where the pre-order is done through the band's own label or distribution company or website, and if you order from them, the band gets a bigger cut from the album sale than if you buy it from a brick & mortar store or a big online distributor.  Even if the album is only on time or a little bit late, I will sometimes do this because it benefits the band.
2.  Where they offer exclusive packages, such as with the Queensryche preorder packages right now.  And the package is supposed to arrive early.  But even if it is right on time or just a bit late, I'm cool with that and just want the extras.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #906 on: May 23, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
I live about 15 minutes away from Over the Edge. Maybe I will just pop in and ask :)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: May 23, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
I live about 15 minutes away from Over the Edge. Maybe I will just pop in and ask :)

Make sure to leave the best wishes from DTF if you do  :D

(granades are appropriate)
- Marco

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: May 23, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »
Thanks to The Trooper For The Attacks !

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #909 on: May 23, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
haha, will do. I actually may be the next town over tomorrow to meet a client. So maybe I will make a grenade drop by.