Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 278066 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #840 on: May 20, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #841 on: May 20, 2013, 12:08:31 PM »
This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anyone who was at the show or talked to someone who was at the show knows- how did they do on that part in Metropolis Part 1 that they occasionally mess up? Did they nail it for the DVD?

Not sure what part they mess up normally but if you ask me Metropolis was perfect, then again, maybe I missed it in the excitement.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »
Um..yeah it is. Just not in may  :P
Don't worry people, it will come out, just later than we hoped. It's not the end of the world..

QFMFT

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anyone who was at the show or talked to someone who was at the show knows- how did they do on that part in Metropolis Part 1 that they occasionally mess up? Did they nail it for the DVD?

Not sure what part they mess up normally but if you ask me Metropolis was perfect, then again, maybe I missed it in the excitement.
There is no part they mess up normally.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
They had a trainwreck more than once in the section right after the lights-down pause the band used to take in the MP era near the end of the song.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #845 on: May 20, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »

There is no part they mess up normally.

Thus why the great Sixdgamaticor said "occasionally"  ;D

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #846 on: May 20, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »
Well, if your nickname wasn't so uncanny I could pay more attention to your posts  :P

Anyways, I don't recall them messing up the song at all
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #847 on: May 20, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
It doesn't happen enough to even say that it happens occasionally. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #848 on: May 20, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
Well, if your nickname wasn't so uncanny I could pay more attention to your posts  :P

Anyways, I don't recall them messing up the song at all

:rollin thanks

okay I can accept that because it's not a consistent basis. It's more like it's happened multiple times before in DT history :)

btw I'm talking about at both 7:37, and 7:45 of the original song, where the melody changes in a really weird place two times right in a row

Offline darkshade

« Reply #849 on: May 20, 2013, 04:55:42 PM »
So is the release date for 7/26/2013 official?

I don't have much qualms with the cover art. I think it looks better than CiM.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #850 on: May 20, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »
HECK YEA!! I just got him to mention the DVD at the stageit show!!!  :tup to myself!! hahahah but he couldnt give any info :/

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #851 on: May 20, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »
HECK YEA!! I just got him to mention the DVD at the stageit show!!!  :tup to myself!! hahahah but he couldnt give any info :/
Yeah, well :-\ I think it's all for the better at this point. I really don't wanna know and I doubt I could understand if I was told what exactly was going on since it looks like it's both out of DT's hands and way out of OTE's hands, so, you know, I just need to know it hasn't disappeared into mid-air, and apparently it hasn't, so.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Grizz

« Reply #852 on: May 20, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
That cover is making me picture the gruesomeness that would occur five seconds later.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #853 on: May 20, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
That cover is making me picture the gruesomeness that would occur five seconds later.
I'd take that gruesomeness if it means I don't have to see that unicycle riding clown any longer....sick of that guy...... :\
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #854 on: May 20, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »

Dude, they've messed it up 100% of the times I've seen it live. That's a lot. :neverusethis:

And it was one of my favourite DT live moments.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #855 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »

Dude, they've messed it up 100% of the times I've seen it live. That's a lot. :neverusethis:

are you serious?! I saw the song in LA in 2012 and they messed up a different part. Mangini added a beat and they were off for about 15-20 seconds. I think that was one of the most exciting parts of the whole concert too  :lol :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: May 20, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »

are you serious?! I saw the song in LA in 2012 and they messed up a different part. Mangini added a beat and they were off for about 15-20 seconds. I think that was one of the most exciting parts of the whole concert too  :lol :lol

Am I serious about what bit? :lol
I've only actually seen DT fully play Metropolis once live, so technically it is true. It was a hot Summer day, and it was at the end of a full "Evening With" set, so they must have been wasted by that point. They made so much fun of it, that nobody realized it was a mistake and thought it was intentional.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #857 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »

It wasn't a mess up because Mangini can't mess up. He just took it upon himself to change the song because he decided it would be better with the extra beat, but he forgot to tell the other guys.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #858 on: May 20, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »

Am I serious about what bit? :lol
I've only actually seen DT fully play Metropolis once live, so technically it is true. It was a hot Summer day, and it was at the end of a full "Evening With" set, so they must have been wasted by that point. They made so much fun of it, that nobody realized it was a mistake and thought it was intentional.

oh ok I figured.. What year? What kind of fun did they make out of it? I love this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3gd3nQNtCA they mess it up and then just start over  :rollin

It wasn't a mess up because Mangini can't mess up. He just took it upon himself to change the song because he decided it would be better with the extra beat, but he forgot to tell the other guys.

:lol :lol :rollin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #859 on: May 20, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »

More like ONE second later.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #860 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
oh ok I figured.. What year? What kind of fun did they make out of it? I love this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3gd3nQNtCA they mess it up and then just start over  :rollin

It was 30th Jan 2008, Sydney.
This is the best clip I could find, although the sound is messed up, and the video isn't great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SJ92_p8fs&feature=player_detailpage#t=165s

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #861 on: May 20, 2013, 11:46:29 PM »

It was 30th Jan 2008, Sydney.
This is the best clip I could find, although the sound is messed up, and the video isn't great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SJ92_p8fs&feature=player_detailpage#t=165s

nice

• EB
« Reply #862 on: May 21, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
I seem to remember a video where the on stage power kept going out during the instrumental part of Metropolis.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #863 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:39 AM »
I seem to remember a video where the on stage power kept going out during the instrumental part of Metropolis.

There's one like that of Dance of Eternity- I know that

• EB
« Reply #864 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

There's one like that of Dance of Eternity- I know that
Yeah that might be what I'm thinking of. Nevermind then. Ignore my post everyone! ha.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #865 on: May 21, 2013, 03:44:00 AM »
Yeah, well :-\ I think it's all for the better at this point. I really don't wanna know and I doubt I could understand if I was told what exactly was going on since it looks like it's both out of DT's hands and way out of OTE's hands, so, you know, I just need to know it hasn't disappeared into mid-air, and apparently it hasn't, so.

I'd be very sad if it disappeared - shush. :lol

Offline liran95

« Reply #866 on: May 21, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »

There's also the annoying feedback during One Last Time in Live Scenes From NY :)
Portnoy's suprised expression makes me laugh everytime.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #867 on: May 22, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
Could it be that DT want to include the single off the new album in Live at Luna Park? That would be another possible reason for the delay...what do you think folks?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #868 on: May 22, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
That would surprise me, frankly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• EB
« Reply #869 on: May 22, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
That would surprise me, frankly.
Yeah, the furthest I could see them going with that is like including a thing with a link in it that takes you to a page on the internet where you can hear the new single (which even that seems unlikely). But I don't see them actually including the audio file in with the DVD.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #870 on: May 22, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
Audio file? This would be the perfect opportunity to bundle a whopping music video!

So far, this is the most reasonable explanation to me.

EDIT: The final mix and master aren't done yet, but we often get alternative versions of songs as singles from other bands. There really is nothing that would prevent them from doing a mix of a finished song and a music video of them performing it at this stage.

• EB
« Reply #871 on: May 22, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
Audio file? This would be the perfect opportunity to bundle a whopping music video!

So far, this is the most reasonable explanation to me.

EDIT: The final mix and master aren't done yet, but we often get alternative versions of songs as singles from other bands. There really is nothing that would prevent them from doing a mix of a finished song and a music video of them performing it at this stage.
Time is one thing that would prevent them. JP hasn't even done solos yet, James hasn't finished vocal tracks yet, the album hasn't been mixed or mastered yet, not to mention coming up with a video concept, putting whatever stages together they'd need for the video, plus a day of shoots, not to mention editing the video together, and THEN including it on every pressing of the DVD. I highly doubt that. They didn't even release the video for OTBOA until after ADTOE was released (granted, it was the next day, but still).

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #872 on: May 22, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
The DVD is ready, but the album isn't finished so it's too late to include the video.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #873 on: May 22, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »
i agree with the two posts above me, there is no way that's why the dvd is delayed.  and if that is the reason, that is the least reasonable explanation they could have for it, and id be rather annoyed honestly.  hold onto a finished product for over a month just to add a single that can be put online easier, and will be released on an album in the upcoming months?  yeah that makes perfect sense  ::)

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #874 on: May 22, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
The more I read the comments above, the more I agree with you all. It would be easier to upload the song and let fans download it in HQ. What's the cause for the delay then? The market is saturated with tons of new albums at this time in the year maybe. I am waiting for Jorn Lande's Traveller and Novum Initium from Masterplan. However, the one who prevents me from sleeping properly is the Holy Live at Luna Park.