Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 278363 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #770 on: May 17, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
Count me among the BMUBMD dislikers.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #771 on: May 17, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »

But you are forgiven because you are an ADTOE-lover.  :hefdaddy
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #772 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »

We are all imperfect creatures of flesh and bone, each one of us, and each have our different flaws and shortcomings.  Don't worry.  It doesn't make you any less of a person.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Meatrose

• Built for heavy lifting
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Let me show you my new means of transportation...
« Reply #773 on: May 17, 2013, 09:59:06 AM »

Yeah, me too actually, it doesn't do much of anything for me. I don't think it sucks though but to me it's the TROP of ADTOE - if it was twice as good it would still be the weakest song on the album in my opinion.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #774 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »
Honestly, I always thought BMUBMD was somewhat reminiscent of YNM, particularly the keyboards at the end of the song. Although BMUBMD is much better.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »
In my opinion This Is The Life is the weakest song from ADTOE. I just cannot get into it, often skipping it on a playthrough. But... with BMU BMD I kinda enjoyed it more when seeing it live, unfortunately they didnt have TITL on the cycle at that time (along with LNF, which I am pumped to see on the other hand)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »
All three songs are awful, end of story :biggrin:

Get out.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »

We are all imperfect creatures of flesh and bone, each one of us, and each have our different flaws and shortcomings.  Don't worry.  It doesn't make you any less of a person.
Yes, this is what comforts me at night.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
In my opinion This Is The Life is the weakest song from ADTOE. I just cannot get into it, often skipping it on a playthrough. But... with BMU BMD I kinda enjoyed it more when seeing it live, unfortunately they didnt have TITL on the cycle at that time (along with LNF, which I am pumped to see on the other hand)

I love TITL but i'm not so keen on BAI.

Minority i know.

Offline JPX

« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
Don't have time to check thru the whole thread but do we know if there will be band commentary on the DVD?

I sincerely hope so because I always loved the commentaries they did. I'll take commentary over ANY other bonus feature, even though it wouldn't be the same without MP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »
Don't have time to check thru the whole thread but do we know if there will be band commentary on the DVD?

I sincerely hope so because I always loved the commentaries they did. I'll take commentary over ANY other bonus feature, even though it wouldn't be the same without MP.

No, we don't know for sure, but likely not.

And your troll posts have been removed.  If you do not have anything constructive to add to a conversation, don't post.  Consider this your warning.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JPX

« Reply #781 on: May 17, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »

No, we don't know for sure, but likely not.

And your troll posts have been removed.  If you do not have anything constructive to add to a conversation, don't post.  Consider this your warning.

Thank you for the answer.

And troll posts..are you fucking kidding me. I hate BMUBMD and that constitutes a warning?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #782 on: May 17, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
I hate BMUBMD and that constitutes a warning?

No, but just posting "LOL that sucks" and the equivalent in multiple threads is against forum rules.  I suggest you read them if you have any other questions.

Offline JPX

« Reply #783 on: May 17, 2013, 01:40:45 PM »
I hate BMUBMD and that constitutes a warning?

No, but just posting "LOL that sucks" and the equivalent in multiple threads is against forum rules.  I suggest you read them if you have any other questions.

Nah I'm good. I wrote BMUBMD is an abomination because it's my opinion and it gets removed. But above me someone else writes count me among the BMUBMD dislikers which is also a negative opinion toward the song - but theirs counts. Nice consistency there bro.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't visit here anymore. I forgot how embarrassingly controlling the moderation was.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #784 on: May 17, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
Saying, "I don't like a song," is not the same as, "That song is abomination."  The latter is anything but constructive criticism.  There is a way of saying you don't like a song without going overboard; calling it an abomination is not a way.

Offline JPX

« Reply #785 on: May 17, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
Thanks for telling me the difference between words. I happen to think that "I don't like the song" wasn't a strong enough sentiment of how I feel about the song, so I chose a word that appropriately described my opinion. It's just that this place is so PRO DREAM THEATER that they don't like strong statements like that.

Funny thing is, Dream Theater is my favorite band and mean more to me than any other band ever has - but I still don't mind calling them out. Sorry if people on here have to OMG LOVE everything that they touch.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #786 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
 ???

I think you ought to find the controversial DT opinions thread, if you really think we all must love everything DT.  That is certainly not the case. 

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:46 PM »
I'm also very critic about DT and yet I've never been warned about it. Even if you are contrary to what the majority thinks, you can still express it in a way that isn't offensive and that follows the forum rules.

PS: Inb4 :bosk1:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline JPX

« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
???

I think you ought to find the controversial DT opinions thread, if you really think we all must love everything DT.  That is certainly not the case.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »
It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
It's not what you say, but how you say it.
This, sorry about the trouble guys.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #791 on: May 17, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
I think DT should explain a little bit what has happen with the release of the DVD/BluRay and post at least one song live off Live at Luna Park for us to wait patiently. Waiting is easier when you do know the thing is worthwhile. I'm a spanish DT fan. Thus, I'm terribly sorry if my english is not good enough.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #792 on: May 17, 2013, 05:39:33 PM »
Dude, I was able to understand you perfectly.  Welcome to DTF! :biggrin:

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #793 on: May 17, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
I think DT should explain a little bit what has happen with the release of the DVD/BluRay and post at least one song live off Live at Luna Park for us to wait patiently. Waiting is easier when you do know the thing is worthwhile. I'm a spanish DT fan. Thus, I'm terribly sorry if my english is not good enough.

Welcome to the family

:welcome:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #794 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
 :lol

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #795 on: May 17, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
Thank you so much for the warm reception people! I've been reading the comments here for so long but now I've decided to bring my opinions too.

Offline JoshuaB2112

« Reply #796 on: May 17, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »

Couldn't agree more. If they don't announce the release date in the next week or two, I'm spending my JB Hi-Fi voucher on Score!

(JB Hi-Fi is the major music & entertainment retail shop in Australia.)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #797 on: May 17, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »

Couldn't agree more. If they don't announce the release date in the next week or two, I'm spending my JB Hi-Fi voucher on Score!

Welcome fellow Australian!
JB is indeed the best/only place to get the good music here. When I went in to buy Score, they had it playing on the big screen, and they always have the DT releases right away.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #798 on: May 17, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the warm reception people! I've been reading the comments here for so long but now I've decided to bring my opinions too.

Just don't hate us too much if we disagree with you. :)

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #799 on: May 18, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
Welcome to both of you guys!

Looks like Kotowboy's meme was right for me :lol

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:34:59 AM by Cedar redaC »
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #800 on: May 18, 2013, 06:22:01 AM »

Wait, you don't own Score already? Have you ever seen it? If you haven't, you must see it. It is, in my opinion, the best love DVD/album they have ever put out.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #801 on: May 18, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
Looks like Kotowboy's meme was right for me :lol

Aw. :(

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #802 on: May 19, 2013, 04:18:04 AM »

Welcome fellow Australian!
JB is indeed the best/only place to get the good music here. When I went in to buy Score, they had it playing on the big screen, and they always have the DT releases right away.

Yeah welcome Josh.  As Blob said, all JB's are very reliable for DT with cd's and dvd's.  Also seen vinyl from time to time.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JoshuaB2112

« Reply #803 on: May 19, 2013, 05:03:55 AM »

Yeah welcome Josh.  As Blob said, all JB's are very reliable for DT with cd's and dvd's.  Also seen vinyl from time to time.

A few months ago I saw Black Clouds on vinyl at JB, then did my research, realised it was their best album of the 3 that were available as Vinyls, then I went back about 2 months later and it was gone. So began my search for another reasonably priced copy. I could find Dramatic Turn & Systematic at another JB, but Black Clouds was completely out of stock and out of print. There were no good sellers on eBay from an english speaking region, so I almost gave up until one day I accidentally stumbled upon Red Eye Records' website, and it said they had it in stock for a very reasonable $35. A few phone calls later and I had secured my order for it. I live in Melbourne and I can't be bothered paying the postage fee, so the record is currently sitting in my uncle's apartment, but he'll send it over in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to drop the needle on side four and hear that intro to The Count Of Tuscany!

Offline morkie

« Reply #804 on: May 19, 2013, 05:27:26 AM »
Wait, you don't own Score already? Have you ever seen it? If you haven't, you must see it. It is, in my opinion, the best love DVD/album they have ever put out.

This will be a slight side track about Score so I'll offer some actual in thread context too :)

- I would love some kind of update, I'm being patient and trying not to stomp my feet and scream petulantly, 'But you said May!!!' I trust the guys are making decisions that are for the best. I'd love to see it soon!
- If the new album is out 'end of Summer' last time I heard (from an interview clip) then that means before September 22nd. If the date for the Live at Luna Park is announced within 1-2 weeks and it's a month out realistically then those two are going to be might close together. Does that seem unusual to anyone else? I always thought bands avoided that to not saturate the market.
(Personally they could release something weekly and I'd buy it heh)
- I'd love Score on Bluray!
- I'd love a new Petrucci solo album, the songs on youtube from the G3 tour are great.

Okay sorry for slight derail, I don't post often and I'm tired and wanted to get that out there :)