Author Topic: Your Controversial Opinions on DT  (Read 344851 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Your Controversial Opinions on DT
« Reply #8120 on: December 20, 2017, 04:04:17 AM »
You can't plan a DVD around when a singer has a good vocal day. "Quick! James is sounding good! Get the camera crew!"  :lol

And then someone in the venue staff turns on an aircon that was previously shut, affecting all of a sudden James' performance towards the end, and the recording crew goes FFFFUUUUUUUUUU  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #8121 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQp_81q7b3g

This is better than Breaking The Fourth Wall DVD, especially vocally.

Great performance! :metal

Yea that is one hell of a performance

For real, that was awesome. And yeah, the voice is such a fickle thing one day those high notes can be there and another day not.

Offline Evai

« Reply #8122 on: January 16, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
The Astonishing is my favourite DT album. But I was imagining if Charlie Dominci sang The Astonishing like he sang WDADU, and realized I'd probably like it better.  :lol  A lot of the rocky/proggy songs would COME TO LIFE if they had legitimately strong, high, not-too-processed vocals on them. (If I had a time machine, the first thing I would do is go back in time to the 90's, grab JLB, get him to re-record (pre-record?) The Astonishing, then send him back in time. And give him some lottery numbers so he can be rich. But then forget to tell him not to go on vacations)
You are acting very strange!

Nervous and on edge!