Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Your Controversial Opinions on DT

(1/2206) > >>

Lucidity:
I thought this might be an interesting topic-- thinking of any thoughts you have on DT songs or albums that you think will spark mass debate and not sit well with the general crowd.

For me, I have never liked the Glass Prison much at all, and it probably doesn't rank in the top 40 for me. I think Octavarium (the song) is leagues above A Change of Seasons. I think Octavarium is a fantastic album (way better than Awake). I also love the Shattered Fortress, The Dark Eternal Night, This is the Life, and Far From Heaven. And probably the major one is that Awake is one of my least favorite DT albums. It has  a couple good songs, but most of it is bland and a drag to sit through. The songs on Awake are by far my least listened to DT songs, sans WDaDU.

Forgive me if a thread like this has already been created, but otherwise I think this should be pretty interesting. Haters gonna hate.

orcus116:
Metropolis is one of the weaker tracks on I&W.

DebraKadabra:
I agree that Octavarium is leagues above A Change Of Seasons. :tup

I also think that SFAM, while a good album, is horribly overrated.

Zook:
I Walk Beside You is one of the best songs on Octavarium.

DebraKadabra:

--- Quote from: Zook on December 17, 2012, 08:34:09 PM ---I Walk Beside You is one of the best songs on Octavarium.

--- End quote ---

YES.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version