Nightmist
0 (0%)
Plains of Dawn
0 (0%)
Leaving Entropia
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 15, 2012, 06:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Pain of Salvation Survivor - Entropia: Round 2  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Pain of Salvation Survivor - Entropia: Round 2
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
Okay, Circles has been eliminated.

12. Circles

My vote this round goes to Void of Her. As amazing and emotional it is, since it's mostly just the guitar version of previously done vocal melodies, it will have to go.

Two days. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Pain of Salvation Survivor - Entropia: Round 2
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
Void of Her

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:44:08 PM »
Ya...Void of Her.

After this it gets tougher....
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:45:58 PM »
Ya...Void of Her.

Yea, once the short instrumental pieces are eliminated all of their albums are difficult up to Scarsick.

I doubt I'll even vote in the TPE polls, I honestly just love every song on it.

Just goes to show how great they are. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Ya...Void of Her.

Yea, once the short instrumental pieces are eliminated all of their albums are difficult up to Scarsick.

I doubt I'll even vote in the TPE polls, I honestly just love every song on it.

Just goes to show how great they are. :)

Every song would hurt to vote off...but I definitely have my favorites.   But I have a feeling my #1 favorite (Idioglossia) won't make the finals...a shame really.

Offline Adami

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:56 AM »
Hey! Idioglossia is my favorite too.  :biggrin:

Actually it's my favorite song in general. Makes me nearly cry every time I hear it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:11:36 AM »
Idioglossia is hands down the best song they ever did - beats the title track of TPE1 by miles.

Also, who else thinks they Daniel declared Scarsick to be TPE2 just because they he wanted to do other shit and didn't wanna be asked about the second part years into their his career?

It would be like if DT said: "Yes, Falling Into Infinity is Metropolis part 2, it seems completely not connected to the first part, but, you know, IT IS".

Edit: corrected for accuracy.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:39:54 AM »
I don't even think Idioglossia is top5 on TPE for me.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:44:33 AM »
Leaving Entropia, I think.

The composition is just great, but I dislike the 'having a cold'-sound.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:26:40 AM »
Void of Her.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
Idioglossia is hands down the best song they ever did - beats the title track of TPE1 by miles.

Also, who else thinks they Daniel declared Scarsick to be TPE2 just because they he wanted to do other shit and didn't wanna be asked about the second part years into their his career?

It would be like if DT said: "Yes, Falling Into Infinity is Metropolis part 2, it seems completely not connected to the first part, but, you know, IT IS".

Absolutely DISagree.   It may not have lived up to the hype...but I think there are too many tie in, references and repeating themes to have just been thrown on at the last second.

And even though it really threw me off at first, Scarsick is actually a really excellent album..and I didn't give it the credit it deserved when it came out.   Then again, which the exception of TPE and maybe Entropia, I don't think there's a single PoS album that really grabbed me and made me love it on the first listen.   Remedy Lane is my favorite, and I really detested it the first time I heard it. 

EDIT:  "Detested" might be too strong a word.  But I certainly didn't like it.  And it gathered dust on my shelf for months.  Then I caught my step son listening to it, and I figured I must be missing something...so I gave it about 10 more spins and then it suddenly just clicked.

Offline Adami

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

Fun fact: Did you know BE was originally written as TPE pt 2? Granted I assume that's before any of the lyrics were written.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
Fun fact: Did you know BE was originally written as TPE pt 2? Granted I assume that's before any of the lyrics were written.
Hey, I didn't! Curious. Unlike Scarsick, it would have been a worthy successor.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Adami

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »
Hey, I didn't! Curious. Unlike Scarsick, it would have been a worthy successor.

Indeed, I am (it seems) one of the few around here that really loves BE although I think the ideal BE would be a mix of the Live and Studio version.

Also, it being the original TPE2 musically might explain why they both end so similarly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »
This round is easy but if Leaving Entropia goes out next round I'm going to be pissed >.>

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
Indeed, I am (it seems) one of the few around here that really loves BE although I think the ideal BE would be a mix of the Live and Studio version.

Also, it being the original TPE2 musically might explain why they both end so similarly.
I really love BE as well. The only thing that bothers me are the lyrics sometimes, but the album is a remarkable experience.
I haven't watched the DVD in full :runaway: but I like Lillium Cruentus on it, so if that's an indication of what the rest is like, I agree with you on the other statement as well.

Offline Adami

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »

I really love BE as well. The only thing that bothers me are the lyrics sometimes, but the album is a remarkable experience.
I haven't watched the DVD in full :runaway: but I like Lillium Cruentus on it, so if that's an indication of what the rest is like, I agree with you on the other statement as well.

Well musically it's pretty much the same. Although the live solo in Iter Impetus is way better on the live version. However a lot of the vocals, especially the lyrics are different between the two. I would love to find a way to make a smooth blend of the two into one perfect BE album. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline namgalsipsclar

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

Well musically it's pretty much the same. Although the live solo in Iter Impetus is way better on the live version. However a lot of the vocals, especially the lyrics are different between the two. I would love to find a way to make a smooth blend of the two into one perfect BE album. :)
I swear Daniel just forgets the lyrics half the time and makes his own stuff up on the dvd...

Offline Adami

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
Well the DVD was shot before the album was recorded, so the lyrics/vocals were changed around and kept developing before he recorded the studio version. He also said a decent amount of the lyrics on the DVD were improvised.
fanticide.bandcamp.com