Author Topic: System of a Down Thread  (Read 61680 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
Re: System of a Down Thread
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 12:16:08 AM »
Huge SoaD fan. I have everything they've recorded from studio albums to some really fuckin obscure demo tapes.

I've never been able to see them live sadly enough. Oh well. Maybe we will get a reunion tour someday.

Album ranking:
Steal This Album!
System of a Down
Toxicity/Mezermize

Hypnotize (horrible, horrible album)
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:20 AM »
Album ranking:

Mesmerize
Toxicity
Hypnotize
Steal This Album
SOAD

I fail to see how anyone who likes SOAD and their style can consider Hypnotize to be "horrible".

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
They will get back together at some point all  bands reunite at some point in time. my album ranking

Hypnotize
Mezmerize
Toxicity
Steal this album
System of a down.

:eek  !!! You like Hypnotize the Best ?!?! I find that to be their worst album. And i'd never put Those two albums over toxicity.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »
They were one of my favorite bands back in the day, and probably still on my top 25. Seeing them live was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

I'd rank the albums:

Toxicity
Steal This Album!
Mesmerize (sometimes this switches places with STA!)
System Of A Down

Hypnotize

Offline Wrath42147

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
Whats wrong with hypnotize

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »

In a way, I kind of hope TBC and WotLK prove to be sort of the extreme ends of a development spectrum, and that they use the lessons learned from them to manage a happy medium between the two in the future.

For instance, in TBC undeveloped content was basically made into nonfunctional, enter-at-your-own-risk wilderness full of mobs that few players could hope to survive against. There wasn't a sense that anything was being shortchanged when the plateaus overlooking Blade's Edge Mountains were populated by uber-powerful Legion elites, or when Skettis was mostly a forest dominated by elite Ancients, Giants and Arakkoa. It just felt like they were neat little corners of the world, and were thus made all the more rewarding when they finally got used for something.

In Northrend, unfinished areas feel like just that; places where the developers ran out of time or decided halfway through that it wasn't worth the effort. Places like Crystalsong and the camp outside Ulduar feel like voids of implied content, where NPC's stand around almost mockingly, like living signposts that read "this is where the content was going to be". Grizzlemaw feels like a relevant place where things are going on that should be expanded upon as the furbolgs battle over the area, yet players are only expected to make a quick one-stop visit for two related quests, and then it's never used again. The fact that the reputation mechanic is so watered down in WotLK (as in, nearly half of them are essentially meaningless nametags) kills any sense that future development of heretofore under-utilized factions might add neat stuff and rewards, since they're pretty unlikely to add whole tables of quartermaster items and incentives for a faction that half the max-level players already reached exalted with through the Argent Tournament.

Similarly, the outside world of Northrend suffered from Blizzard going all-out at the start. The overworld plot got fleshed out, which is good, but notably at the expense of having fewer fresh new raids than TBC did. So they ended up having to pile on the raid content with patches while lumping all the outside world content of the patches into the Argent Tournament instead of further expanding upon other undeveloped parts of the greater continent of Northrend. Hence, the Sunreaver and Silver Covenant content is plopped down next door to the Argent Tournament to keep it all geographically close to the rest of the new stuff despite the existence of entire basecamps for both factions in Crystalong.

I'm still holding out hope for something interesting before the end of WotLK, though. Something the other day slightly refreshed that hope, as I was running dailies in Icecrown. On a whim I headed down into Naz'anak, the Forgotten Depths. As I plunged downward, a message flashed in the middle of my screen.

"Discovered: Naz'anak, The Forgotten Depths"

Nothing remarkable in and of itself, except I've been there dozens of times. It's quite discovered. Since well before I even set out for the Explorer achievement. Yet something's been reset, and while it might be an outright glitch, maybe it isn't. I'd like to think perhaps something's being changed down there, and maybe this symptom popped up when 3.1 and the subsequent hotfixes came out. And while we already know that the Anub'arak encounter takes place in a similarly named "sub-zone", that place is part of a raid instance. It isn't built on the regular world server, so it shouldn't affect the zones there. And after spending about an hour and a half running around looking for hints of any changes (yeah, I'm that stubborn) though I couldn't find any it became clear to me during my search that the Nerubian architecture down there doesn't seem arbitrarily designed. The topmost portions of the structures are awfully reminiscent of the entrance to Ahn'kahet, with spider leg-like protrusions surrounding a hexagonal archway. And the edges of the sub-zone include numerous short side-tunnels that are blocked off by invisible barriers. Almost as if they're flat textures where someday there might be branching tunnels.

Maybe that message was nothing. Just an isolated hiccup or an error.

Or maybe it's a tiny hint of something more. After all, they set the bar high with Quel'danas for final patch content. It just might take something like a real , full-on Azjol-Nerub to meet that bar this time around. Maybe rather than outright eliminating the Azjol-Nerub zone, Blizz decided that something as expansive as an underground empire residing beneath much of Northrend called for something more than just being one more zone at release, and would be better served as the stage for the final assault on Icecrown.

After all, we spent most of TBC wondering where the corrupted "empty" Sunwell and Anveena were, despite the story of the Sunwell Trilogy and indications that both still existed somwhere in Quel'thalas. Nothing in-game outright indicated that they were anywhere to be found (and that wasn't helped by the fact that our only point of reference - WCIII - had the Sunwell placed seemingly in the center of Silvermoon City itself); not even any inaccessible areas of Silvermoon were there to keep us wondering. Yet our question was answered with the final patch and the addition of Quel'danas. Similarly, greater Azjol-Nerub remains absent as a zone and the Nerubians are marginalized so far despite the continued hints of there being more; the fact that they bothered to elaborate as much as they did in the official on-site Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'kahet instance profiles feels to me like they haven't forgotten or written it off entirely. According to those profiles, the Nerubians are still fighting the Scourge in the hopes of someday restoring their kingdom. Perhaps patch 3.3 will involve taking our own battle against the Scourge beneath Northrend, to tip the scales in a battle that's been going on since before we even arrived and clear the way to Icecrown itself.

I know I'm probably setting myself up to be disappointed, but still...my cautious optimism refuses to be smothered until I can look back at the entirety of WotLK and declare it an overall disappointment, and it's hard to do that when we're really only one content patch into the expansion.

Offline ehra

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
The obvious solution is to quit WoW and come to Lord of the Rings Online or wait for Dungeons and Dragons Online to leave beta  :hat

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
Absolutely love SOAD. It is a true shame that Tankian's solo album sucked so much hairy, decrepit balls because he has a real talent. I first got into them when a friend of mine played Steal This Album for me. Funny, I thought he had literally stolen that album and wrote some shit on there himself (6th grade, give me some slack). I loved it right off the bat though, despite the hilarity of some of the songs and the insanity of others, it still sounded kick-fucking-ass. Soon after had the rest of their albums up to that point and kept up until the band's demise. Though I must say I didn't enjoy Hypnotize/Mesmerize as much, but it was still a solid effort. STA still stands at the top for me though, with Toxicity coming in at a close second. Holy Mountains will remain in my top three for sure though despite the rest of the album, that song is made of such epic win.

Sad that they're done for good more than likely, but if they were going to continue down the path of H/M then I can't say I disagree. Will always remain one of my favorites, though.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ouda

• Executive supervisor of FUNK
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »

In a way, I kind of hope TBC and WotLK prove to be sort of the extreme ends of a development spectrum, and that they use the lessons learned from them to manage a happy medium between the two in the future.

For instance, in TBC undeveloped content was basically made into nonfunctional, enter-at-your-own-risk wilderness full of mobs that few players could hope to survive against. There wasn't a sense that anything was being shortchanged when the plateaus overlooking Blade's Edge Mountains were populated by uber-powerful Legion elites, or when Skettis was mostly a forest dominated by elite Ancients, Giants and Arakkoa. It just felt like they were neat little corners of the world, and were thus made all the more rewarding when they finally got used for something.

In Northrend, unfinished areas feel like just that; places where the developers ran out of time or decided halfway through that it wasn't worth the effort. Places like Crystalsong and the camp outside Ulduar feel like voids of implied content, where NPC's stand around almost mockingly, like living signposts that read "this is where the content was going to be". Grizzlemaw feels like a relevant place where things are going on that should be expanded upon as the furbolgs battle over the area, yet players are only expected to make a quick one-stop visit for two related quests, and then it's never used again. The fact that the reputation mechanic is so watered down in WotLK (as in, nearly half of them are essentially meaningless nametags) kills any sense that future development of heretofore under-utilized factions might add neat stuff and rewards, since they're pretty unlikely to add whole tables of quartermaster items and incentives for a faction that half the max-level players already reached exalted with through the Argent Tournament.

Similarly, the outside world of Northrend suffered from Blizzard going all-out at the start. The overworld plot got fleshed out, which is good, but notably at the expense of having fewer fresh new raids than TBC did. So they ended up having to pile on the raid content with patches while lumping all the outside world content of the patches into the Argent Tournament instead of further expanding upon other undeveloped parts of the greater continent of Northrend. Hence, the Sunreaver and Silver Covenant content is plopped down next door to the Argent Tournament to keep it all geographically close to the rest of the new stuff despite the existence of entire basecamps for both factions in Crystalong.

I'm still holding out hope for something interesting before the end of WotLK, though. Something the other day slightly refreshed that hope, as I was running dailies in Icecrown. On a whim I headed down into Naz'anak, the Forgotten Depths. As I plunged downward, a message flashed in the middle of my screen.

Nothing remarkable in and of itself, except I've been there dozens of times. It's quite discovered. Since well before I even set out for the Explorer achievement. Yet something's been reset, and while it might be an outright glitch, maybe it isn't. I'd like to think perhaps something's being changed down there, and maybe this symptom popped up when 3.1 and the subsequent hotfixes came out. And while we already know that the Anub'arak encounter takes place in a similarly named "sub-zone", that place is part of a raid instance. It isn't built on the regular world server, so it shouldn't affect the zones there. And after spending about an hour and a half running around looking for hints of any changes (yeah, I'm that stubborn) though I couldn't find any it became clear to me during my search that the Nerubian architecture down there doesn't seem arbitrarily designed. The topmost portions of the structures are awfully reminiscent of the entrance to Ahn'kahet, with spider leg-like protrusions surrounding a hexagonal archway. And the edges of the sub-zone include numerous short side-tunnels that are blocked off by invisible barriers. Almost as if they're flat textures where someday there might be branching tunnels.

Or maybe it's a tiny hint of something more. After all, they set the bar high with Quel'danas for final patch content. It just might take something like a real , full-on Azjol-Nerub to meet that bar this time around. Maybe rather than outright eliminating the Azjol-Nerub zone, Blizz decided that something as expansive as an underground empire residing beneath much of Northrend called for something more than just being one more zone at release, and would be better served as the stage for the final assault on Icecrown.

After all, we spent most of TBC wondering where the corrupted "empty" Sunwell and Anveena were, despite the story of the Sunwell Trilogy and indications that both still existed somwhere in Quel'thalas. Nothing in-game outright indicated that they were anywhere to be found (and that wasn't helped by the fact that our only point of reference - WCIII - had the Sunwell placed seemingly in the center of Silvermoon City itself); not even any inaccessible areas of Silvermoon were there to keep us wondering. Yet our question was answered with the final patch and the addition of Quel'danas. Similarly, greater Azjol-Nerub remains absent as a zone and the Nerubians are marginalized so far despite the continued hints of there being more; the fact that they bothered to elaborate as much as they did in the official on-site Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'kahet instance profiles feels to me like they haven't forgotten or written it off entirely. According to those profiles, the Nerubians are still fighting the Scourge in the hopes of someday restoring their kingdom. Perhaps patch 3.3 will involve taking our own battle against the Scourge beneath Northrend, to tip the scales in a battle that's been going on since before we even arrived and clear the way to Icecrown itself.

I know I'm probably setting myself up to be disappointed, but still...my cautious optimism refuses to be smothered until I can look back at the entirety of WotLK and declare it an overall disappointment, and it's hard to do that when we're really only one content patch into the expansion.

Meh, sooo long, I'm sure it has some good points, but I'm too lazy to even start reading

Offline Wrath42147

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

I know I'm probably setting myself up to be disappointed, but still...my cautious optimism refuses to be smothered until I can look back at the entirety of and declare it an overall disappointment, and it's hard to do that when we're really only one content patch into the expansion.

is that even relavent to what i said.
i dont eve know what WotLK  and TBC stand for.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2009, 02:57:51 PM »
What's wrong with Hypnotize?

Okay, now to answer your question. Musically, it's by far their least diverse. Each song seemed to be written so it might as well become a radio hit. It's all just so very generic. Then there's the fact that only about 1/3 of the album actually keeps me interested, while the other songs are just either really bad or just not enough to keep my interested.

As a whole, Hypnotize was a major disappointment to be the follow up album to Mesmerize. I honestly think I may have liked it better if it were the first of the double album. Mesmerize just seems like a much better conclusion to SoaD's discography and career (plus, Lost in Hollywood would be a perfect way to wrap up SoaD's career)

Another issue I had with it was how Daron basically insisted he sing more. To me, he always seemed to be the backing vocalist who sometimes took the spotlight for brief amounts of time. But on Hypnotize he is basically taking up half of the vocals. It bothers me.

And Hypnotize is a little too mainstream for SoaD. Like I mentioned earlier, the album is far too generic. Unlike a good portion of their music before this album.

Offline Wrath42147

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2009, 03:47:34 PM »

Mesmerize just seems like a much better conclusion to SoaD's discography and career (plus, Lost in Hollywood would be a perfect way to wrap up SoaD's career)

Another issue I had with it was how Daron basically insisted he sing more. To me, he always seemed to be the backing vocalist who sometimes took the spotlight for brief amounts of time. But on Hypnotize he is basically taking up half of the vocals. It bothers me.

And Hypnotize is a little too mainstream for SoaD.
i wouldnt say lost in hollywood wraped up there career they can get back together. i dont have a problem with daron. and hasnt system been mainstream alot since toxicity

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

Mesmerize just seems like a much better conclusion to SoaD's discography and career (plus, Lost in Hollywood would be a perfect way to wrap up SoaD's career)

i wouldnt say lost in hollywood wraped up there career they can get back together. i dont have a problem with daron. and hasnt system been mainstream alot since toxicity

Ah, but had the Infinite Flight succeeded at the Dark Portal, Medivh would be dead, as would the majority of the Order of Tirisfal (since he killed most of them). No Guardian, and with his death no more power accumulated and passed on from each prior Guardian to the next, growing with each successive Guardian. Hence, though the orcs wouldn't have invaded, the Legion's agents would have been able to infiltrate Azeroth virtually unchecked as the planet's most powerful defender would be gone and the world at large would still be ignorant of the demonic threat.

Coupled with civil strife between the human kingdoms and no Alliance to unite their resources against a common foe, the planet would have probably ended up eventually succumbing to demonic invasion.

The Lich King was a powerful tool of the Legion, but the very fact that Kil'Jaeden was able to send him to the planet at all suggests that the Guardian was probably a major factor in preventing such a thing from having already happened ages ago. Whenever especially powerful demons infiltrated Azeroth, the Guardian's job was to show up and smack them down. Even after the Horde failed, one thing was accomplished by the tandem plotting of Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden: Azeroth's primary defenders against demonic invasion were practically wiped out, along with their most powerful agent.

In the alternate future that would have resulted from the Infinites slaying Medivh and preventing the Horde's arrival, just as in the timeline we have, there would have been no Guardian to prevent Kil'Jaeden from sending any number of nasty things to Azeroth to act on his behalf; Ner'zhul was a convenient pawn, but the Deceiver was unlikely to have been sitting around hoping that this one specific orc shaman would screw up to the point of destroying Draenor and fleeing to another world so that they could invade and conquer Azeroth, and hedging all their bets on the assumption that Ner'zhul wouldn't screw up a million other things along the way and never get that far. He was the tool at hand, and a convenience in that Kil'Jaeden wanted to torment him anyway; he wasn't absolutely necessary to such a degree that no other creature could have sufficed. I imagine Kil'Jaeden could have turned just about any captured mortal into a Lich King if he so chose.

Offline ehra

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
lorelol

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »
The only albums of theirs I enjoy pretty thoroughly are Toxicity, and the latest two.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »

I wouldn't say Lost in Hollywood wrapped up their career. They can get back together. I don't have problem with Daron. Also, hasn't System of a Down been mainstream since Toxicity?

You could say that. But they had a much more distinctive style to their older stuff. Much more obscurity involved. Where Hypnotize only has a few moments like that.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »
Arcaeus, quite spamming.

Also, as much as it pains me to say it, I agree with wrath here. Stylistically Mesmerize is not a departure from everything else they've done except their debut. Ok Daron sang more, but it still wasn't that much, and when he was singing it generally suited what was going on.

Plus it had the full Solider Side which is one of my all-time favourite SOAD songs.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
Hypnotize is great.

Anyone who puts Steal This Album! in their top 3 has really bad taste in music. They're B-Sides for a reason.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
For a band that sings multiple songs about sex, though in code, this thread is damn in-depth.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:31:04 AM by blackngold29 »

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 03:50:48 AM »
Hypnotize is great.

Anyone who puts Steal This Album! in their top 3 has really bad taste in music. They're B-Sides for a reason.
Fine, then I have a bad taste in music I suppose. But I will stand by the fact that I love Steal This Album.

Offline Ouda

• Executive supervisor of FUNK
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Hypnotize is great.

Fine, then I have a bad taste in music I suppose. But I will stand by the fact that I love Steal This Album.

Yay, stand up for what's righteous and noble!

Offline ZachyDou

• Keyboard wizard in training
  • "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 11:19:01 AM »
Hypnotize is great.

k its just a really fun album
seriously when was the last time you had fun listening to an album?
not enjoyed it, or got a kick out of it
but actualy didn't take it seriously, had fun listening to it, and even got a few laughs out of it?

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »
All of their albums are at the very least good, IMO.

I can kind of understand the criticism of Hypnotize. I'd say it's easily SOAD's worst. Still has a decent bunch of great songs (Attack, Dreaming, Stealing Society, Vicinity of Obscenity, She's Like Heroin, Soldier Side), but the other half is far worse than the 'other half' of other System albums.

Steal This Album is probably my favourite after Toxicity, and if not, it'd be third behind Mesmerise. Toxicity is my favourite album of theirs, I just really like the band's sound at this point in their career, so even B sides from this 'era' sound reallt great to me.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:13 PM »
Vicinity of Obscenity is probably my least favourite from the album, so I find it bizarre that you consider it one of the "great" songs on the album. It's just such an annoying song! :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:48 PM »
terracotta pie HEY terracotta pie HEY terracotta pie HEY terracotta pie

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »
*kills*

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »
*dies*

That song is rather silly though.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
According to Serj Steal This Album! isn't technically b-sides. Just stuff that didn't fit the theme they were going for with Toxicity, but not of a less quality.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
Zombie thread has risen to consume your brains!

So over the summer I hung out with my old english teacher from high school, and we exchanged a bunch of music, and one of the albums he gave me was Toxicity. I had heard virtually nothing from Sytem besides BYOB back in high school, which was kinda meh. Anyways, I'm finally listening to Toxicity right now.

Holy shit.

This is awesome.

Besides the kinda obnoxious political lyrics.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
I like quite a few of their songs. I don't really understand the whole OMG HYPNOTIZE SUX thing, though I agree it isn't quite as good as Mezemerize. I just can't take this band seriously.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 12:55:11 PM »
Hypnotize/Mezmerize are amazing. one package on two separate cd's. those two albums to me sound like they're making fun pop songs. One of Daron's influences, he played weekends as an intro to sugar. Lonely Day a great Fuckin ballad by them. my album rankings

Mezmerize
Toxicity
Hypnotize
Selftitled
Steal this album

now just cause it's like this doesn't mean they suck i just prefer them over others for different reasons.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Sintheros

• The Thunder Panda!
  • DTF.org Member
  • Behind those eyes a world explodes.
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
SOAD
Toxicity
Hypnotize
Steal This Album
Mezmerize
caw caw

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 01:32:23 PM »
Lonely Day a great Fuckin ballad by them.
It's pretty catchy, but the ballady songs from Steal This Album (Roulette and to some extent Ego Brain) are a hell of a lot better.

My rankings:

Mesmerize
Toxicity
Hypnotize
Steal This Album
SOAD

But to be honest they're all really solid albums.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sintheros

• The Thunder Panda!
  • DTF.org Member
  • Behind those eyes a world explodes.
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
Lonely Day a great Fuckin ballad by them.
It's pretty catchy, but the ballady songs from Steal This Album (Roulette and to some extent Ego Brain) are a hell of a lot better.

Lonely Day is one of my least favorite System songs, right behind Violent Pornography and Radio/Video. Roulette's pretty good, Ego Brain is one of the best tracks on STA! behind IEAIAIO and Streamline.
caw caw

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »
You trippin, foo? Radio/Video is gold.

Mesmerize came out in my first year at uni and about three of my group of friends and I were thrashing that album in the weeks after it was released. My best friend, who is a fairly conservative Christian, wasn't too fond of it, but even he dug Radio/Video.

Lonely Day is pretty garbage though.

One song you never hear anyone talk about is Highway Song off of Steal This Album. It's probably one of my favourite songs of theirs.