Author Topic: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! v. THE NUMBER ONE + ending  (Read 31223 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! (Butt load of jazz fusion and prog rock)
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2012, 04:50:11 AM »
Derp. My first Opeth album.

Sometimes I think you deliberately this stuff to increase your post count.  :-*
I accidentallied this on purpose
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2012, 06:22:18 AM »
Derp. My first Opeth album.

Sometimes I think you deliberately this stuff to increase your post count.  :-*
I accidentallied this on purpose

:rollin

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »
12)Nucleus-We'll Talk About It Later (1970)

-This is the most predictable top 50 so far. 

Mladen

This damn album. I had never heard of this band until i stumbled upon this album in some obscure forum. I was highly recommended to listen to this album by some guy named "Infinity". The fact that i still remember his username is enough to show how good and memorable this album is. This album would make my top 5 fusion albums. And that's INCLUDING Miles Davis,Mahavishnu and even Return To Forever. The title track is a masterpiece and i highly recommend you to look it up right now. Oh and btw if you want to buy this on vinyl,good luck. They are very rare and expensive.  If you have it on vinyl,good for you. Just don't sell it. Share it with your children and go: "Son,this is music" What if you have a daughter? Same thing. But maybe with a different approach. Ah screw it. This album is a masterpiece in music. Just go out there and enjoy it.

Favorite Song:The album as a whole. No seriously,It's impossible to pick.

11)Yes-Fragile (1971) TIED An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess (2000)

and

Yup. You're not going crazy. I have AEWJP&JR higher than SDOIT. Such an underrated piece. Amazingly fun,magical jazz fusion album. If only they made more stuff like this..Every song is a gem though i actually prefer the studio version of State Of Grace to the version on here. Favorite songs? Uhhh… Truth would be the answer to that question. I made a thread about the intro to that song and how similar it sounds to The Spirit Carries On. Man,that was a horrid thread :rollin Anyways,i love the groove here. Hang 11 is probably my second favorite. This album is just amazing.

Favorite Song:Truth

And we also have Yes' Fragile. I remember the day when i first heard Yes. Roundabout was the first song i ever heard from them. Keep in mind,that song might be my first prog rock song ever. Blew me away. But Heart Of The Sunrise is my favorite Yes song. I also LOVE Mood For A Day. Excellent short track. Anyways,not much to say. It kicks ass

Favorite Yes Song:Heart Of The Sunrise

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
This is the most predictable top 50 so far

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
heh. just wont let that go, hey lawlzers.

are ties allowed? ...they should probably be tied for 10th as we  :corn over your upcoming top 9.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »
Nice pick with Fragile. I predicted it, by the way.  ;)  ;D

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! (Predictable Prog Rock and Jazz Fusion)
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
Nice pick with Fragile. I predicted it, by the way.  ;)  ;D
I know right? This shitty list is just too predictable! If you look back on my list,around the top 30 areas you can find out the number 9. Same with number... Ok. That's enough spoiling. STFU Lolzeez.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:37 PM »
Never heard of Nucleus, but the other two are great.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
I'm listening to Nucleus right now....good stuff.  :tup
Have you ever heard of Berits Halsband? They're another obscure jazz fusion band that only released a few hundred LPs in the 70s in Sweden. You can find the entire album on Youtube. Nucleus kind of reminds me of them, especially with their use of horns.

The John Petrucci/Jordan Rudess album is very good. Coincidentally I got it for Christmas and just listened to it yesterday. And of course Fragile is a masterpiece.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
I'm listening to Nucleus right now....good stuff.  :tup
Have you ever heard of Berits Halsband? They're another obscure jazz fusion band that only released a few hundred LPs in the 70s in Sweden. You can find the entire album on Youtube. Nucleus kind of reminds me of them, especially with their use of horns.

The John Petrucci/Jordan Rudess album is very good. Coincidentally I got it for Christmas and just listened to it yesterday. And of course Fragile is a masterpiece.
Looked up Berits Halsband. Awesome!  :tup It is like Nucleus. I love it! Should check out more later.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
Ignore the guy below me  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:38:11 PM by Lolzeez »

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
Sorry I failed at reading  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:41:56 PM by Unlegit »

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »
Screw it. Two albums tomorrow. I wanna post the number 9. I'm interested in your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:51:46 PM by Lolzeez »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »
Fragile :tup
didn't make my list when I did it (but Close to the Edge did), but it would make it now, without a doubt.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
10)Rush-Farewell To Kings (1977)

Yeah yeah yeah… You saw this coming. This WAS predictable. But seriously,this is an amazing album. Xanadu is my favorite Rush song. I saw it live and was prob one of my best experiences live. I went apeshit. Seriously. Other songs like Cygnus X-1 are also badass. Love em to death. Also,Closer To The Heart is one of the most underrated songs EVER. The title track is also amazing. Well,i cant find much to say. Because you know what this is. Ah well. Godly album.

Favorite Rush Song:Xanadu

9)The Moody Blues-Days Of Future Passed (1967) <3

Woah! I hate The Moody Blues! What the bloody heck is this? An outstanding close to perfect album. But…But… GAH! When i first got the vinyl from this last xmas i was pissed. My friend kept saying that the album is good,but i was being a biased douche. Then i listened to it. You know you're loving it when you're humming to the songs in your FIRST LISTEN. The Morning:Another Morning has one of my favorite choruses EVER.  And the melody is perfect. The orchestral sound that the album has is amazing. I consider this to be the FIRST prog rock album EVER. Not that overrated Beatles stuff. (OOOH!) I love this album. From start to end. Not a single drop. Fine. Lunch Break:Peak Hour kinda gets boring after the beach riff. (i call it the beach riff.) I love this album.

Favorite Song:The Morning:Another Morning

PS:I still hate any other album by TMB.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
Good choices, but how can you hate On the Threshold of a Dream? It's not as good as DOFP but its still a great album, IMO.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
A Farewell to Kings!  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »
Moody's are pretty cool.  I like a lot of there stuff, but don't have any deep knowledge of them.

Rush on the other hand... I saw Xanadu when they brought it back in 92 on the Roll The Bones Tour.  Man, I was higher than a kite.  Me and my buddy at the time, Dave, spent all afternoon lighting reefer after reefer, listening to all the live Rush CD's I had, and saved the biggest fuckin stogie of them all specifically for Xanadu, and that mind-blowing laser show... which was top notch at the time.

Good times.

Xanadu is probably my favorite song ever.  Ever.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
Good choices, but how can you hate On the Threshold of a Dream? It's not as good as DOFP but its still a great album, IMO.
It just never clicked with me i guess...

Xanadu is probably my favorite song ever.  Ever.
:tup

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Um, it's cool that you put The Moodies on your list at all, but how can you love that album and HATE their other albums? To Our Children's Children's Children and Every Good Boy Deserves Favour are amazing albums and I command you to enjoy them.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:01 PM »
I just got A Farewell to Kings yesterday. It's so awesome, I've listened to it probably three times, and I've enjoyed it every time.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Days of Future Passed is an awesome album, albeit a little cheesy sounding. I still love it though. :)

Offline Ruba

« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
A Farewell to Kings is my least favourite "classic" Rush album, but it is still very good. However, Cygnus X-1 is a top 3 Rush song for me, the part III really is a musical black hole. And those eerie guitar chords in the end... brilliant.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! v. WE HAVE ENTERED THE TOP 5 FOLKS
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2012, 01:41:30 AM »
Sorry for being late for today's update. But hey! You get 3 (technically more) albums today! To make up for me being late. From now on,one album per day.

8)Porcupine Tree-Fear Of A Blank Planet (2007) TIED The Mars Volta-De-loused In The Comatarium (2003)

and

I know,you guys don't like ties but seriously,these albums are so damn close it's not even funny.

And yes,FOABP is the best by PT imo. Some people hated it but man i was blown away. The title track is a heavy badass song,My Ashes is an awesome ballad,Anesthetize is the best that PT has to offer,Sentimental has that part that reminds me of Trains, Way Out Of Here is catchy as fuck and Sleep Together has some great keyboard work and is a nice way to finish the album. I'm perfectly happy with the length of the album,some people are not. But tbh this is an amazing package for any prog fan. The album is consistent and It has Anesthetize!

Favorite Song:Anesthetize

Ohhhh The Mars Volta. De-loused is an amazing album. It has some story that i don't understand (Always fun trying to understand. Anyone wanna explain the story?) which is always fun to me. The album starts out like the good feel you get when taking a piss. Kinda weird i know,but that's as close as it gets. Inertiatic ESP kicks ass. The next song,Roulette Dares kicks ass and that end to the song is awesome. Drunkship Of Lanterns is always a fun song. Eritarka has an intro that for some reason always gets me pumped. BUT Cicatriz ESP is the best song that TMV has to offer. The middle has that jazzy section that is probably my fav moment in the whole album. (EDDIE VEDER!!!!!!) This Appatarus Must Be Unearthed is a single like song why? It's catchy as fuck. Televators IS a single and the song that got me into the band. It's actually the weakest song on the album in my opinion. FLAME SHIELD. The album closer Take The Veil Cerpin Text is the song that i can make the most amount of sense out of its lyrics and is my second fav on the album. It's how a closer should be. It rocks. Still,Cicatriz ESP is the first TMV song that blew me away. Televators got me into them,but i wasn't blown away. Still,this song is near perfection.

7)Dream Theater-Images And Words (1992)

Seriously? You really need a write up for this? I mean seriously,If you're actually reading this,you are kinda wasting your time.

Favorite Song:Learning To Live

6)Return To Forever-Romantic Warrior (1976)

I can listen to this for hours. There are people that consider this wankery and all i can say is… Yes it is. It is wankery. Good wankery. I love it. Stanley Clarke's bass is roaring like always. And Corea's keyboards are always amazing. Every damn member is kicking ass and they actually have their signature songs in here. Sorceress is probably one of the greatest jazz fusion songs ever made. It's that good. And guess what? This IS my favorite jazz fusion album. It really is. Oh and also thanks to that guy on ebay that accidentally gave me a copy of this in vinyl with my copy of Yes' Fragile. Well it was probably an accident for the best. Thanks a lot man!

Favorite Song:Sorceress

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! v. FOLKS WE HAVE ENTERED THE TOP 5!
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2012, 02:28:53 AM »
Misleading title is misleading. You haven't entered the top 5 yet! :p
Squ

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »
Misleading title is misleading. You haven't entered the top 5 yet! :p
We have. We just need to visit Island Number 5.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2012, 03:32:49 AM »
I should listen to this Return to forever thing...

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »
I should listen to this Return to forever thing...
You should. It kicks so much ass...

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2012, 06:16:38 AM »
Kid... I'm truly impressed at your appreciation for music much older than you.  :tup  I'm not familiar with this one, but love the fact you have a lot of love for the 70s era
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2012, 06:41:36 AM »
Kid... I'm truly impressed at your appreciation for music much older than you.  :tup  I'm not familiar with this one, but love the fact you have a lot of love for the 70s era
You need to wait until the end of this top 50 guys. I'm gonna reveal something.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
AFTK =  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart. Changed my musical outlook forever.

I&W- words needed? No.

Return To Forever are excellent.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
Return to Forever is great! FOABP is great too but I don't rank it as highly as some people do. I do think its the perfect length though. De-Loused is good but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it. Of course, I love Images and Words.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
I need to check Return to Forever out, but the other 3 picks are awesome.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
De-Loused is good but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.
This goes for any TMV album for me. Still,the albums kick ass.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
No update today due to my huge celebration with my family. Thanks for the patience.