Answer the question

Yes
19 (90.5%)
No
2 (9.5%)
Yes,but not with the first disc of Iconoclast
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Symphony X Survivor-JUST A LITTLE QUESTION  (Read 813 times)

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Symphony X Survivor-JUST A LITTLE QUESTION
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »
Should I include the second disc for Iconoclast? Even though I hate most of the second disc,do you guys want me to include them in the survivor? I can also include them separately since some people haven't even heard of the second disc. Here are the songs in case you want to look them up or just forgot about them because they are so unmemorable: (At least for me)

Electric Messiah
Prometheus (I Am Alive)
Light Up The Night
The Lord Of Chaos
Reign In Madness

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Symphony X Survivor-JUST A LITTLE QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »
yes

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »
Yes.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Yes. They would've all been on one disc anyway had SX had it their way. The two-disc route was label meddling according to either Romeo or Allen in an interview I read but they phrased it more pleasantly than that.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:46 AM »
I have the two-disc version and I like them both. I voted yes.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »
Guitarist Michael Romeo has stated that the special edition contains the track order that the band originally intended to release, but their label (Nuclear Blast) wanted a single-disc version as well. According to Romeo, the track "Reign In Madness" is the proper closing to the album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iconoclast_%28Symphony_X_album%29#Track_listing

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:22 AM »
Absolutely.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:35:28 AM »
Guitarist Michael Romeo has stated that the special edition contains the track order that the band originally intended to release, but their label (Nuclear Blast) wanted a single-disc version as well. According to Romeo, the track "Reign In Madness" is the proper closing to the album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iconoclast_%28Symphony_X_album%29#Track_listing

Thanks dude :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:37 AM »
Yes. Seems a bit like "I don't like them so there's no point including them in the Survivor". You did a survivor for the debut even though lots of people haven't listened to that or don't like it.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Why wouldn't you include it?  It's a part of the full album isn't it?   Seems kinda silly to ask that question based on YOU not liking it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
Why wouldn't you include it?  It's a part of the full album isn't it?   Seems kinda silly to ask that question based on YOU not liking it.
Some people have never listened to them. That's why.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »
What was the deal with lumping both A Winter's Dreams together as one track during The Damnation Game's survivor? They're two different tracks. Sorry for going off topic, but I asked about it during one of that album's rounds after I realized that I'd been mistaking it as simply being part 1 and assuming that part 2 had already been eliminated, but you didn't reply to that post.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
What I don't get is why you're including Electric Messiah & Prometheus as tracks people have never heard. If they've got the standard edition, then those tracks are on it.

You seem to be catering for people that have bought the special edition, but never listened to disc 2 of it. Surely you can't think there's a lot of people like that?

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 02:48:16 AM »
What was the deal with lumping both A Winter's Dreams together as one track during The Damnation Game's survivor? They're two different tracks. Sorry for going off topic, but I asked about it during one of that album's rounds after I realized that I'd been mistaking it as simply being part 1 and assuming that part 2 had already been eliminated, but you didn't reply to that post.
Yeah i guess that was a bust...