Author Topic: Songs that just hit you over the head (pls recommend me some new music)  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Ryzee

Re: Songs that just hit you over the head (pls recommend me some new music)
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 01:19:27 PM »
Dude sometimes I think I like JLB on Static Impulse more than JLB on ADTOE- or any DT albumf or that matter.

Also, H.  What the heck man.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
Also, H.  What the heck man.
I second that. JLB's solo stuff is just mean, mean, mean.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
I agree but what I meant was "H, what the heck man.  Have you listened to the song I recommended or freakin what?  I need some reaction!"

Offline Ħ

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
Okay! I haven't been able to listen to much of the suggestions (considering people are recommending tons of songs a piece as well as albums).
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
I agree but what I meant was "H, what the heck man.  Have you listened to the song I recommended or freakin what?  I need some reaction!"

I know, right?  I at least was kind enough to post up a Tube of Ewe link for him and eerythang.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Okay, Pure Reason Revolution was pretty dope.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
 :tup  I knew you'd dig it.  Everything has proceeded as I have foreseen muahahaha

Anyway yeah, that whole album is the shizniz from start to finish but that track especially kicks ass.  It entered my short list of favorite songs ever like the first time I ever heard it.  There's a sweet video on Youtube of them doing it live too, if that's not what you checked out already. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Most bands do not hit me right away.   Three of my current favorite bands (Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Riverside) didn't have anything that *INSTANTLY* nailed me to the wall. 

I've only had THAT experience twice that I can remember since 2000.

Used - Pain of Salvation

Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria

In each of these cases, I was INSTANTLY floored, and knew that I had to own that CD *RIGHT THIS SECOND*...

Those songs still amaze me.  Even though there are so many songs from PoS that I like even more....Used was the one that really made my jaw drop within the first minute.    Even Welcome Home took me until the first chorus....  So really, NOTHING has hit me harder than Used in a very, very long time.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
I didn't know you were a Coheed fan jammindude!   :metal

Offline jammindude

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
I didn't know you were a Coheed fan jammindude!   :metal

Good Apollo floored me from start to finish...I love that album.   In Keeping Secrets was also really good, but not as good.   When NWFT came out I was really excited...but I really did not like it at all.   All the intricacies that made 3 and 4V1 so special were gone.  It was just horribly bland. 

I lost track of them after that...  I heard YotBR was better, and the new one is better still...but I've been too broke to check them out.

I also picked up the 2 DVD version of Neverender a couple years ago...but I havn't even gotten around to watching all of that yet.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »
 :tup

Yeah, I think I've completely resigned myself to the fact that they are now my #1 favorite band.  Check out the newest record when you can- it's amazing.