Author Topic: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich appreciation  (Read 8710 times)

Offline Ħ

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich appreciation
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »

Who cannot get enough of these? I have a (probably unhealthy) addiction to these things.

So yeah let's talk about it. Any particular preferences to the peanut butter, jelly or bread? I like me just the classic creamy JIF, Welch's strawberry jelly, and white bread. I used to make a smoothie when my jaw was wired shut with a blended PB&J in a glass of milk. Sooooo good.

Kinda like this:

Try it if you haven't. :drool:
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich appreciation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:19:35 PM »
Never dug jelly (I know, shocking coming from me).

But you give me good smooth peanut butter on some super soft potato bread and I'm a happy guy.

Or better yet, replace the jelly with some crisps.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
PB&J cupcakes. Cupcakes filled with jelly, with a peanut butter frosting, all topped with a chocolate covered pretzel. My sister made them for my birthday a couple years back. They were SO good.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
Wow, I haven't had potato bread in so long, I forgot it existed.  Need to get me some...

For PB&J, the bread needs to be either soft white or wheat bread.  Sorry, but no other bread will do for this kind of sammich.  Smooth peanut butter is best.  Most kinds of fruit jam or jelly are okay, with the exception of marmelade.  Homemade is often best.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
PB&J cupcakes. Cupcakes filled with jelly, with a peanut butter frosting, all topped with a chocolate covered pretzel. My sister made them for my birthday a couple years back. They were SO good.
Dude.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:36:40 PM »
Dude.

I forgot to mention that they were banana bread cupcakes.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
Ok now you ruined it. :puke:

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
Not a banana bread fan?
prog sucks

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
Being a broke ass college student, PB&J has become quite the delicacy for me and one that I enjoy quite often. Its fast, cheap and pretty satisfying.

I prefer the Reeses brand peanut butter and Welches Grape Jam on maier's italian bread.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:52:19 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Adami

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
Being a broke ass college student, PB&J has become quite the delicacy for me and I eat usually 3 days a week give or take. Its fast, cheap and pretty satisfying.

I prefer the Reeses brand peanut butter and Welches Grape Jam on maier's italian bread.

You eat PB&J three times a week? Or you eat food only three times a week?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
Sometimes I think that I am the only person in the world who hates peanut butter, but since this is an appreciation thread, I will digress. :D

Offline Ħ

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
Being a broke ass college student, PB&J has become quite the delicacy for me and I eat usually 3 days a week give or take. Its fast, cheap and pretty satisfying.

You eat PB&J three times a week? Or you eat food only three times a week?
Neither. He eats 3 days out of the week. So there's only 4 left.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
Sometimes I think that I am the only person in the world who hates peanut butter, but since this is an appreciation thread, I will digress. :D

This thread is a stark reminder of the fact that, in my 8 years or so associated with these forums, I don't think there has ever been a time when I have half-way agreed with Kev on anything.  Ever.  Not once.  It is either complete 100% agreement or complete 100% disagreement.  There is no middle ground.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
Bosk when you introduced me to Nutella, I went out and bought two jars. They were gone in a week. :lol SO GOOD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
Being a broke ass college student, PB&J has become quite the delicacy for me, and one that I enjoy quite often. Its fast, cheap and pretty satisfying.

Wasn't paying attention.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
PB&J is awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »
Bosk when you introduced me to Nutella, I went out and bought two jars. They were gone in a week. :lol SO GOOD

I forgot about that.  Yeah, we usually buy the 2-pack at Costco.

I remember when Nutella was "underground" and not many people in the U.S. knew about it.  Now that it's all mainstream, I don't know if I like it any more.  There's nothing worse than a sandwich spread selling out like that.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
Nutella tastes good, but damn it is so bad for you.  It's like 9000 calories per bite and each gram contain three grams of fat.  True story!

Anyway, I can't deal with jelly, but peanut butter and jam, or preferably preserves, makes me very happy.  When I get home late after rehearsal, I grab a PB&J or two and a big glass of milk and I'm all set.  There might even be leftovers from whatever my wife made for dinner, doesn't matter, my mouth is already ready for those PB&Js.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
Individually they are great, but I always found mixing the two a bit yuk to be honest.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
Wow, I haven't had potato bread in so long, I forgot it existed.  Need to get me some...
My favourite bread for french toast.  Potato bread plus some cardamom in the egg mix is a great way to go!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »
Ever try jelly and regular butter? My dutch friend showed me and that's pretty good too.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
BAM

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
Elliot Ness' favorite.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
Peanut butter:  Natural is the only way to go
Jelly:  Strawberry Preserves, TYVM
Bread:  Nature's Own Wheat

:drool:

However... grilled PB&Js are truly the best them. :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
Deep fried Uncrustables.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaa
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
My 3 year old would eat PB&J sandwiches 5 times a day if we let him.

I like crunchy PB with strawberry preserves on the whole grainiest bread you can find. None of that boring styrofoamy soft white crap.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
Good stuff... my ideal PB&J would be on a nice soft, fresh wheat bread with the crust of course  :biggrin:

Offline Adami

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »
They had this specific potato bread in Chicago that I swear I could eat with peanut butter all day long.

Sadly they don't make that kind in St. Louis, so I found a less good, but okay brand. However for the last few days, no stores have it.

Help me DTF, you're my only hope!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
White or Wheat bread, Homemade strawberry jelly, and crunchy peanut butter (probably Skippy's). Maybe some honey. :metal

Peanut Butter and honey sandwiches are awesome too.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »
Yup!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »

Yep. It's amazing how much honey you can mix into PB and still have it spread just as smoothly.

Also, did Nature's Own stop making potato bread altogether or is this a regional casualty? It's been like 10 years since I've seen it anywhere and I hate having to resort to buying those "craft" type loaves like Pepperidge Farm and Oroweat make. The ones that have paper-thin slices and have like only 15 or so non-end slices per loaf. Fuck that noise.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
BAM

Those are gross.

Peanut butter is one of the greatest foods in the world and I eat it just about every day in some form or another. I had a PB&J for lunch today. Some days it will be PB&B(anana). Some days I just eat spoonfuls from the jar. Some days I make cookies or peanut sauce for my noodles/stir fry or whatever else I'm in the mood for. Some nights it's peanut butter beer. I just love it so much.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
Don't like peanut butter or jelly.

I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. That is my extent of peanut butter love.

What's even worse is peanut butter and that nasty fluffer nutter shit.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
Used to like PBJs, but I stopped eating bread and legumes (that of course includes peanuts/PB), so for a snack sometimes I just have a big spoonful of almond butter. Still pretty good. I like it more than PB.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »
I like crunchy PB with strawberry preserves on the whole grainiest bread you can find.
Exactly correct.

My 3 year old would eat PB&J sandwiches 5 times a day if we let him.
So would I.