Poll

Vote your LEAST favourite!

Mann gegen Mann
2 (40%)
Hilf mir
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 11, 2012, 10:08:43 AM

Author Topic: Rammstein Survivor - Rosenrot (Round 1) TIEBREAKER I  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Rammstein Survivor - Rosenrot (Round 1) TIEBREAKER I
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
Alright, we're off to a fabulous start: a four-way tie! :lol Since I refuse to eliminate that many songs at once, I will once again have two tie-breakers that were assigned randomly. The losers both go, the winners survive.

In this one, my vote goes to Mann gegen Mann.

Go!
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rammstein Survivor - Rosenrot (Round 1) TIEBREAKER I
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
Scorpion just got the sake of a chat; how can you prefer Hilf Mir to Mann Gegen Mann? It defuses my mind to try to understand that :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »
Mann gegen Mann is for me a song that is one of the first songs that Rammstein made (on a studio record, I'm not including the live Bück dich here) that, along with the video, is simply provoking to be provoking. It's alright musically, but I don't really like the lyrics, even though I have nothing against gay people. It's just the delivery and the way they are treated that screams of "Hurr durr let's shock everyone by showing naked people jumping on each other."

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:49:31 AM »
Mann gegen Mann is for me a song that is one of the first songs that Rammstein made (on a studio record, I'm not including the live Bück dich here) that, along with the video, is simply provoking to be provoking. It's alright musically, but I don't really like the lyrics, even though I have nothing against gay people. It's just the delivery and the way they are treated that screams of "Hurr durr let's shock everyone by showing naked people jumping on each other."
That is the problem I have with Rein Raus, it's just provoking but also really boring. One of the few Rammstein songs I don't like.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:58 AM »
Hilf mir

But those are two of my favorites on Rosenrot, it's a shame that one of them is going out already...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 07:06:53 AM »

I completely disagree about this song falling into "provoking just to be provoking" category, in fact I think R+ only song of the sort is Pussy and even that I take in good humor. MGM R+ approaching a topic in their own ways.
Musically it's a heavy mofo with amazing vocal melodies and such a beautiful keyboard lead-up section to it's climax.
Name me one song, by any band, English or German, that has lyrics so expressive of homosexuality and homosexual anger, frustration and fight for acceptance, than this song. Keine Schwuler aber nor Sprichwort hehe
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
I understand your point, but just because they are expressive doesn't make them good, you know? They just don't work for me in the context of Mann gegen Mann, and I always thought the "Schwula!!!!" was laughable at best.

Mind you, it's not a bad song, far from it, it's miles better than many on Herzeleid for instance (my least favourite R+ album), but all the other songs left are amazing, Mann gegen Mann is just less so.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »
It's interesting how we differ on R+. You still doing a non-album tracks survivor right?

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
Yeah, I think so, though I'll have to test the waters for that. If not enough people participate, then I might cancel it or only do the most well-known ones.

Offline Onno

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
Yeah, I think so, though I'll have to test the waters for that. If not enough people participate, then I might cancel it or only do the most well-known ones.
What are the non-album songs? I will participate if I know them all.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
I have limited myself to what I would consider the eleven most well-known ones, mainly because every other album also has that many songs, so it seemed kinda fitting. Search around, most of them are on YouTube.

5/4
Kokain
Feuerräder
Hallelujah
Wilder Wein
Wut Will Nicht Sterben
Schtiel
Schwarzes Glas
Das Modell
Mein Land
Vergiss Mich Nicht

Take your time, though, I'll do the non-album survivor after I did LIFAD, so it's still probably at least a month or so away.

Offline Onno

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »
I have limited myself to what I would consider the eleven most well-known ones, mainly because every other album also has that many songs, so it seemed kinda fitting. Search around, most of them are on YouTube.

5/4
Kokain
Feuerräder
Hallelujah
Wilder Wein
Wut Will Nicht Sterben
Schtiel
Schwarzes Glas
Das Modell
Mein Land
Vergiss Mich Nicht

Take your time, though, I'll do the non-album survivor after I did LIFAD, so it's still probably at least a month or so away.
Holy shit, of those I only know Mein Land (which is epic). I'll make sure to listen to them before you start the non-album survivor :)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
I suggest when you start a survivor put a youtube link of every song within the titles.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »
Good idea. I'll do that. :tup