Author Topic: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use  (Read 55846 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
« Reply #945 on: January 05, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »
I agree that weed and alcohol should be treated the same. I also feel that both are over glamorized, and a waste of money, and probably more harmful in the long run than most people choose to believe.
Yup.  Too bad they both can't/won't be banned.

Why would you want either of them banned? A lot of people function just fine with one vice or the other (or both). I shouldn't be punished just because others can't control themselves, especially with weed which is quite literally nowhere near as damaging as alcohol.

I'm not talking about "punishing" anybody.  My personal opinion is that there is really nothing good to be had from either substance.  But I'm not advocating anything.  I'm just expressing agreement that I feel there really isn't anything good that comes from either.  (well, except maybe vanilla extract and chicken marsalla)  But that's strictly my personal opinion.  Don't take it...er...personal.  :)
I get your point of view, and I'm not looking to give you shit for an opinion. I'll just point out that none of us can say what does or does not benefit others. A pretty solid reason to not wish for the banning of things deemed unhelpful. After all, there is that whole opiate of the masses thing.
Oh, sure.  You know my position, and I know yours, and that's all fine.  And while it's somewhat off topic, I'll just throw this out there since it is such a large part of what informs my opinion on the subject.  I share your distain (for lack of a better term) for the "opiate of the masses" in general.  But as I think you also know, I don't consider my personal belief in the creator of the universe to be that.  I consider it to be absolute truth that I stake my very life upon.  And aside from any argument or "rightness" or "wrongness," those beliefs, and the contentment that brings makes use of any kind of intoxicating substances for basically anything other than medicinal completely unnecessary and contrary to what my life is supposed to be about.  So, yeah, that's basically where I'm coming from.  And you knew that, I think, at least in general.  But again, I mention it merely for background on what is informing my opinion, despite that we've gotten pretty far afield.  My apologies.  I will bow out now.  :)

Bosk, can I ask a question that is perhaps more about your faith than anything else?

If so (if not, just ignore):  Your truth (ignoring for the moment that there is no such thing as "your truth"; it either is or it is not) is such that you don't need alcohol or stimulants (presumably depressants either) because you get your "intoxication" (for lack of a better word) from your faith.  Fair enough and I don't (necessarily) have issue up to this point.   My question is, what about those that don't?  Either that believe and yet it's not complete for them, or that don't believe?   Why not allow them to indulge?   I don't quite get the point of ball gags, but that doesn't mean I think we should ban them.   Why ban alcohol, et al?  We see the downside, but we don't necessarily see (or can quantify) the upsides, such that they are. 

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #946 on: January 05, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »
Proverbs 31:6  Give wine to those with heavy hearts
Proverbs 31:7  Give a man wine so that he may forget his misery

The problem is not with what we ingest it is with those who can't control and moderate their behavior in a responsible way.  Americans in particular are far too coddled and irresponsible to be granted the freedom to make their own choices on recreational substances.  In theory I would like to see all drugs legalized but that does not work for a large segment of society who want that freedom but aren't disciplined enough to not destroy themselves and in some cases many folks around them.

But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Fishbowl man
« Reply #947 on: January 05, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »
Bosk, can I ask a question that is perhaps more about your faith than anything else?

If so (if not, just ignore):  Your truth (ignoring for the moment that there is no such thing as "your truth"; it either is or it is not) is such that you don't need alcohol or stimulants (presumably depressants either) because you get your "intoxication" (for lack of a better word) from your faith.  Fair enough and I don't (necessarily) have issue up to this point.   My question is, what about those that don't?  Either that believe and yet it's not complete for them, or that don't believe?   Why not allow them to indulge?   I don't quite get the point of ball gags, but that doesn't mean I think we should ban them.   Why ban alcohol, et al?  We see the downside, but we don't necessarily see (or can quantify) the upsides, such that they are. 

Well, sure.  First, I think "you get your "intoxication" (for lack of a better word) from your faith" kind of mischaracterizes it.  The point isn't that I (or others) "get intoxication" somewhere else.  The point is that intoxication is unnecessary and, in most if not all cases, destructive.  And if that is truth, which I believe it is, then intoxicating substances really have no value and in fact have a destructive character (when abused).  Hence, my emotional response that I personally would like to see them banned.  But note that that is purely emotional--i.e. I would like to see a society where we don't need and use such things.  I am not making an intellectual appeal or argument for banning them.  I think that's kind of pointless.  I'm not out to change anybody's mind.  I'm just expressing my own personal opinion on the subject, that's all.  And doing so is also probably kind of pointless, but that's okay.  We're just here to discuss and share views, after all.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Kattoelox

• Firewings
« Reply #948 on: January 05, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »
I think that makes a great deal of sense, bosk. No need to apologize for anything. (EDIT: Meant to be in response to the final post on the last page, somehow didn't see there was a new page.)
RYM || Last.FM || Click here if you were a member of Mike Portnoy's Forum and want to reconnect with its regulars.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #949 on: January 05, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »

Well, sure.  First, I think "you get your "intoxication" (for lack of a better word) from your faith" kind of mischaracterizes it.  The point isn't that I (or others) "get intoxication" somewhere else.  The point is that intoxication is unnecessary and, in most if not all cases, destructive.  And if that is truth, which I believe it is, then intoxicating substances really have no value and in fact have a destructive character (when abused).  Hence, my emotional response that I personally would like to see them banned.  But note that that is purely emotional--i.e. I would like to see a society where we don't need and use such things.  I am not making an intellectual appeal or argument for banning them.  I think that's kind of pointless.  I'm not out to change anybody's mind.  I'm just expressing my own personal opinion on the subject, that's all.  And doing so is also probably kind of pointless, but that's okay.  We're just here to discuss and share views, after all.
Yeah, I'm good with that. And for my part I just can't help but point out the perils of making value judgements (not that you were) lacking the ability to see outside of our own minds. And in the end that's what cost/benefit and risk/reward decisions in the public sphere are.

Regarding your point of view, intoxication is broad spectrum and comes in many forms. As I recall, we're both fond of roller coasters. I would consider that rush an intoxication differing only in duration of action. I've been completely gobsmacked by live musical performances before. A performance of Madame Butterfly once fucked me up more than any bud would. There's no point in asking me anything important within 5 minutes of me getting my rocks off, as I'll certainly be impaired to some degree. The point is that we all enjoy experiencing the occasional psychological anomaly from time to time, and from my perspective avoiding them would be far more harmful than the experiences themselves.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Fishbowl man
« Reply #950 on: January 05, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »
Regarding your point of view, intoxication is broad spectrum and comes in many forms. As I recall, we're both fond of roller coasters. I would consider that rush an intoxication differing only in duration of action. I've been completely gobsmacked by live musical performances before. A performance of Madame Butterfly once fucked me up more than any bud would. There's no point in asking me anything important within 5 minutes of me getting my rocks off, as I'll certainly be impaired to some degree. The point is that we all enjoy experiencing the occasional psychological anomaly from time to time, and from my perspective avoiding them would be far more harmful than the experiences themselves.

Fair enough.  For the examples you have given, I get where you are coming from, but I would differ on whether those types of experiences are "intoxicants."  Not trying to be pedantic.  But where I see a definite distinction is that I am referring only to things that chemically and artificially change one's brain chemistry.  The things you mention aren't that.  But that said, I get where you are coming from.  And I readily concede that no matter how we define terms, even for those that might agree with my basic premise, it is difficult to define.  Where do we draw the line?  I have no idea.  And related to that, what actually is "intoxication?"  I mean, if we're talking about alcohol, for example, do we just go with the "legal limit?"  Is it 2 drinks?  8 drinks?  A certain BAC?  I don't profess to know.  Personally, I just stay away from it altogether, as I think that's the best practice. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #951 on: January 05, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »

Fair enough.  For the examples you have given, I get where you are coming from, but I would differ on whether those types of experiences are "intoxicants."  Not trying to be pedantic.  But where I see a definite distinction is that I am referring only to things that chemically and artificially change one's brain chemistry.  The things you mention aren't that.  But that said, I get where you are coming from.  And I readily concede that no matter how we define terms, even for those that might agree with my basic premise, it is difficult to define.  Where do we draw the line?  I have no idea.  And related to that, what actually is "intoxication?"  I mean, if we're talking about alcohol, for example, do we just go with the "legal limit?"  Is it 2 drinks?  8 drinks?  A certain BAC?  I don't profess to know.  Personally, I just stay away from it altogether, as I think that's the best practice.
Interesting. The distinction you draw is the very thing that links them, I think. Doc Millaahhh or Dr. J would be better qualified to make the call, but I believe that the chemical reaction resulting from a roller coaster or watching some suicidal Japanese bitch is very similar to that resulting from a good hit of Sandoz acid.

Were I to make the distinction the two things I'd look for are do they effect sound judgement and are they something easily mitigated. Alcohol, the gold standard for intoxicants, surely effects judgement, and is negated only by the passage of time. That's probably not the case in my examples. The endorphin rush that comes from a ride on Tatsu can probably be shaken off if need be, and isn't long-lasting enough to be a impediment to judgement.

In any case, the whole thing's rather nebulous. You pointed out the very reason I get so annoyed with DUI enforcement. I don't want impaired drivers on the road any more than you do, but we're unable to judge impairment on a rational basis. We look for standards and absolutes rather finding a way to cope with what is wildly variable.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Fishbowl man
« Reply #952 on: January 05, 2018, 01:03:44 PM »
In any case, the whole thing's rather nebulous. You pointed out the very reason I get so annoyed with DUI enforcement. I don't want impaired drivers on the road any more than you do, but we're unable to judge impairment on a rational basis. We look for standards and absolutes rather finding a way to cope with what is wildly variable.

Yeah, we're obviously in agreement that it's nebulous.  To change gears just a bit, in terms of impaired drivers, how do you think it should be judged?  I think FST's and BAC, while far from perfect, are about as fair and objective as we can reasonably expect to get.  I mean, when it comes to enforcement, we have to have some standard, right?  I'm not sure what other standards could be better.  But I am far from being set in that opinion and open to other ideas.  What are your thoughts?

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: January 05, 2018, 01:12:44 PM »
What about at least two different BACs?

At one, let's say .08, you get taken in to sleep it off and then are released when the next day when you're sobered up.

At like .13 or something, you face more serious penalties.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #954 on: January 05, 2018, 01:22:42 PM »
What about at least two different BACs?

At one, let's say .08, you get taken in to sleep it off and then are released when the next day when you're sobered up.

At like .13 or something, you face more serious penalties.

I think that's already the case, you get a DUI regardless but the penalties are worse if you are twice the limit.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #955 on: January 05, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »

Yeah, we're obviously in agreement that it's nebulous.  To change gears just a bit, in terms of impaired drivers, how do you think it should be judged?  I think FST's and BAC, while far from perfect, are about as fair and objective as we can reasonably expect to get.  I mean, when it comes to enforcement, we have to have some standard, right?  I'm not sure what other standards could be better.  But I am far from being set in that opinion and open to other ideas.  What are your thoughts?
FSTs are perfectly reasonable, at least in the way that they're supposed to be used. BAC is arbitrary and not an indicator of impairment. First and foremost should be observation of their driving. Here's an interesting conundrum: In the LEO board I occasionally check out there was a thread about highest BAC recorded by the members. Plenty of people in the .3s and a handful in the .4s. Then one guy chimes in with a .6something. Turns out the guy was highly functional. Johnny was going to let him go after a field interview as he seemed quite sober. He had him blow just on a whim and was amazed by the result (confirmed by the hospital). This guy was good to drive, he was simply Polish, so does he qualify as impaired? Was he driving drunk or under the influence?

However, determining impairment is never going to be an exact science. It's a judgement call, and honestly that's not a huge problem for me. I prefer absolutes in the CJ arena, but sometimes there just aren't any. What needs to be addressed first is the basis for DUI enforcement before we can sort out the mechanics. Quite simply it's a moneymaker for the department, the county, the insurance companies, and a handful of other entities. Getting dangerous drivers off the street is a beneficial byproduct. If that aspect were removed I'd have far less of a problem with Johnny exercising his discretion as to who is or isn't impaired.

There are plenty of other problems I have with DUI enforcement that all stem from monetizing the industry, but you asked about judging impairment. Remove the incentive and let cops and a jury make the call.
E.F. Benson

Online Kattoelox

• Firewings
« Reply #956 on: January 10, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »
RYM || Last.FM || Click here if you were a member of Mike Portnoy's Forum and want to reconnect with its regulars.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #957 on: January 10, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
Just saw that as well  :yarr

Now come on NJ... our new governor is here and said this was a first 100 day priority.  I hope Sessions isnt scaring legislators from keeping their campaign promises.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:31:26 AM by cramx3 »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »

Now come on NJ... our new governor is here and said this was a first 100 day priority.  I hope Sessions is scaring legislatures from keeping their campaign promises.

And then after NJ, then PA please.
Live to ride

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »

Now come on NJ... our new governor is here and said this was a first 100 day priority.  I hope Sessions is scaring legislatures from keeping their campaign promises.

Fuck NJ and PA.  Connecticut!   Haha, I'm kidding, sort of. We're a billion dollars in the hole, and now we're cancelling (I think all) major road improvement projects - anyone who's driven through CT knows that we need to put some time into the road improvement projects - because we're so financially fucked up.   Why we're leaving this money on the table is beyond me.   And with a (admittedly lame duck) Democrat governor with national aspirations!  BOGGLING! 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #960 on: January 11, 2018, 09:25:25 AM »

Fuck NJ and PA.  Connecticut!   Haha, I'm kidding, sort of. We're a billion dollars in the hole, and now we're cancelling (I think all) major road improvement projects - anyone who's driven through CT knows that we need to put some time into the road improvement projects - because we're so financially fucked up.   Why we're leaving this money on the table is beyond me.   And with a (admittedly lame duck) Democrat governor with national aspirations!  BOGGLING!

I was surprised to see all those projects cancelled, especially the 84-91 change over. I've been following that one for about two year and have sat in on 7 or 8 symposiums related to it. Part of me wonders if the fund is truly empty, or if we're waiting to see if any kind of large infrastructure stimulus comes out of the Fed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: January 11, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »

I was surprised to see all those projects cancelled, especially the 84-91 change over. I've been following that one for about two year and have sat in on 7 or 8 symposiums related to it. Part of me wonders if the fund is truly empty, or if we're waiting to see if any kind of large infrastructure stimulus comes out of the Fed.

Could be.

Did they decide on a program for that change over?  I know there were two or three possible scenarios being considered (and the contruction of the baseball stadium I think precludes at least one of them) but I don't recall hearing that they settled on one plan. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #962 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:22 AM »

Could be.

Did they decide on a program for that change over?  I know there were two or three possible scenarios being considered (and the contruction of the baseball stadium I think precludes at least one of them) but I don't recall hearing that they settled on one plan.

The latest "final" design we were shown was an $8B-$9B tunnel-ground level hybrid highway. They wanted to go full tunnel, but river runoff was an issue and it made boring under hartford really problematic. The new plan was to dig out a channel where the highway was going to be and then build a roof over it that would be almost flush with the ground. That would allow for parks and businesses to build on top of the highway.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #964 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:56 PM »
There's no reason not to do studies on impact of legalization from all angles, including the states nearby legalizing.  It's not very difficult to move marijuana from a legal state to an illegal one. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #965 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/01/22/vermont-governor-signs-marijuana-legalization-into-law/#66f4ed94526a

Vermont is officially the ninth state to legalize marijuana, and the first to end cannabis prohibition through an act of lawmakers.

"I personally believe that what adults do behind closed doors and on private property is their choice, so long as it does not negatively impact the health and safety of others, especially children," Gov. Phil Scott (R) said in a statement accompanying a legalization bill he signed into law on Monday.

Under the legislation's provisions, people over 21 years of age will be allowed to to legally possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow as many as two mature and four immature cannabis plants.

Commercial marijuana sales will not be allowed under the new law, which is set to take effect on July 1.

Not sure why they don't want to set up shops, but it's progress when we stop preventing people from growing a natural plant and using it for whatever they'd like.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Live to ride

Online Kattoelox

• Firewings
« Reply #967 on: February 22, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »
Illinois may be up next

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-met-illinois-legislature-marijuana-20180221-story.html

This state moves slower than a dumb watch, I swear. They've been talking about that for years, so I'll believe it when I see it on the ballot.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #968 on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »
Says they might put it on the ballot just to get a pulse of the people.  I think we know the pulse of the people...

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: February 22, 2018, 02:24:41 PM »
Says they might put it on the ballot just to get a pulse of the people.  I think we know the pulse of the people...

It depends. Illinois is tricky. You have Chicago, but then you have the ENTIRE rest of the state which bares virtually no resemblance of Chicago.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »

It depends. Illinois is tricky. You have Chicago, but then you have the ENTIRE rest of the state which bares virtually no resemblance of Chicago.

Sounds like Pennsylvania.  Philadelphia, and everywhere else. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #971 on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »
Just got back from Vegas and I hate my state even more now. Out west I went into a dispensary and paid $112 for edibles, $26 of which was taxes. Meanwhile, in CT, our legislators just voted last week to not pursue legalization at this time (again). Massachusetts is going to be in full swing come July, and my state is going to miss out on a ton of potential revenue. I'll be able to grab breakfast at the Cosmic Omelette, get over the border, and be back in my living room in about 2 hours.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #972 on: March 28, 2018, 08:50:23 AM »
Just got back from Vegas and I hate my state even more now. Out west I went into a dispensary and paid $112 for edibles, $26 of which was taxes. Meanwhile, in CT, our legislators just voted last week to not pursue legalization at this time (again). Massachusetts is going to be in full swing come July, and my state is going to miss out on a ton of potential revenue. I'll be able to grab breakfast at the Cosmic Omelette, get over the border, and be back in my living room in about 2 hours.

I hear ya.  The taxes are ridiculously high to buy this stuff as a user, but some states are being a bit smart about actually using this money to help fund the state. 

Here in NJ, they are expanding the medical program which makes a lot of sense and seems to be the path to legalization although Murphy is saying this has no effect on it.  I kind of think it does because it gives people more access slowly.  Anxiety and migraines open lots of doors for getting the medical stuff.  Not sure how exactly you can qualify though but I've had issues with migraines beofre and almost everyones had a moment of anxiety in their life.
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/governor/2018/03/27/nj-medical-marijuana-program-expand-says-gov-phil-murphy-legal-weed-push-continues/461377002/

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #973 on: March 28, 2018, 09:37:16 AM »
I used to be a fan of "let's legalize it (whatever "it" might be) and tax the hell put of it, we will rake in the money!!!" But now in think it's BS. If we are going to tax goods and services, everything should be taxed at the same rate.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #974 on: March 28, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »

I hear ya.  The taxes are ridiculously high to buy this stuff as a user, but some states are being a bit smart about actually using this money to help fund the state. 

Here in NJ, they are expanding the medical program which makes a lot of sense and seems to be the path to legalization although Murphy is saying this has no effect on it.  I kind of think it does because it gives people more access slowly.  Anxiety and migraines open lots of doors for getting the medical stuff.  Not sure how exactly you can qualify though but I've had issues with migraines beofre and almost everyones had a moment of anxiety in their life.
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/governor/2018/03/27/nj-medical-marijuana-program-expand-says-gov-phil-murphy-legal-weed-push-continues/461377002/
For the life of me I don't get smoking grass as a treatment for anxiety. But hey, who am I to argue with a good dodge.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #975 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:17 AM »

For the life of me I don't get smoking grass as a treatment for anxiety. But hey, who am I to argue with a good dodge.  :lol

It helps me with anxiety in the sense that there are nights where I will get home and not be able to stop thinking about bad stuff at work. Taking a couple bong rips helps me to stop thinking about all the bad stuff at work.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:11:58 AM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #976 on: March 28, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »

It helps me with anxiety in the sense that there are nights where I will get home and not be able to stop thinking about bad stuff at work. Taking a couple bong rips helps me to stop thinking about all the bad stuff at work.

I will just say that the weed affects people different ways.  It helps me with anxiety although I don't really suffer from it, but I totally have the same thing as Chino, if I were having issues, it really helps take my mind off it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »

That's me.  I'm not at all anti-weed - just the opposite, in fact - but it's not a relaxer the way a good stiff drink is.   I wonder if it's because I don't smoke all that much and if I do, it's usually in a stressful situation? 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:32 AM »

It really makes zero sense.  Even less than zero.  We are SO strapped financially, and yet, it doesn't seem to even be an option at this point.   Where the fuck are Blumenthal and Murphy on this one?   They're so worried about trying to stick it to Trump that their own state is going down the crapper.   I might have to write a letter....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #979 on: March 28, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »

That's me.  I'm not at all anti-weed - just the opposite, in fact - but it's not a relaxer the way a good stiff drink is.   I wonder if it's because I don't smoke all that much and if I do, it's usually in a stressful situation?

I have a new life goal.