Author Topic: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use  (Read 34753 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
Re: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
« Reply #805 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
Yeah, if you are drunk, and then smoke (especially without being an experienced partier), I'd put even odds on you chunking.

I can't remember that far back.

Seriously :lol
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #806 on: March 05, 2017, 08:55:51 AM »
Huh. Don't recall ever being sick.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
Smoking after I've already been drinking tended to give me the spins. God damn, the spins suck.

Big tobacco would do alright with pot, but not great. They'd undercut the people growing boutique grass and some people would jump on it. Many, many more would rather have good quality bud than cheap bud, though. There's also the number of chemicals to consider. My understanding is that Colorado bud is already highly chemical laden, and that doesn't go over real well. My hunch is that the tobacco industry would rather focus on vaping products in the US. The rest of the world is still quite happy to puff away on Marlboros.

And Hickenlooper always struck me as an interesting case. He seems to be demonstrating that you can be a highly popular politician just by listening to everybody, rather than only the members of your own party.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »
Yeah, smoking or vaping herb after a lot of drinking was a guaranteed puking back in my college days. I'd have to drink a A LOT though. I'm talking the days when I'd drink a 750 of vodka and then get in on a joint somewhere. Instant disaster. Today though, if I'm only drinking 7 or 8 beers, smoking is a non-issue.