Author Topic: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use  (Read 45480 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
Re: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
« Reply #805 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
Yeah, if you are drunk, and then smoke (especially without being an experienced partier), I'd put even odds on you chunking.

I can't remember that far back.

Seriously :lol
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #806 on: March 05, 2017, 08:55:51 AM »
Huh. Don't recall ever being sick.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
Smoking after I've already been drinking tended to give me the spins. God damn, the spins suck.

Big tobacco would do alright with pot, but not great. They'd undercut the people growing boutique grass and some people would jump on it. Many, many more would rather have good quality bud than cheap bud, though. There's also the number of chemicals to consider. My understanding is that Colorado bud is already highly chemical laden, and that doesn't go over real well. My hunch is that the tobacco industry would rather focus on vaping products in the US. The rest of the world is still quite happy to puff away on Marlboros.

And Hickenlooper always struck me as an interesting case. He seems to be demonstrating that you can be a highly popular politician just by listening to everybody, rather than only the members of your own party.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »
Yeah, smoking or vaping herb after a lot of drinking was a guaranteed puking back in my college days. I'd have to drink a A LOT though. I'm talking the days when I'd drink a 750 of vodka and then get in on a joint somewhere. Instant disaster. Today though, if I'm only drinking 7 or 8 beers, smoking is a non-issue.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
All people die, but not many people ever truly live

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #810 on: April 13, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »
Dallas just passed an ordinance making possession up to a QP a non-arrestable offense, albeit still criminal. That's about as good as we can do in this state. While you'll still wind up walking some dogs or washing fire engines, and spend a bit of time on probation, it's a helluva lot better than all of that + go to jail.

And the QP starting threshold always struck me as odd. I never understood if it was intended to be highly generous or really cruel.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #811 on: April 14, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »
 :yarr I didn't realize Canada was so close to legalization

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #812 on: April 14, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »
Connecticut current governor announced yesterday that he will not be seeking a third term (does happy dance). I'm hoping this means legalization will actually be plausible with the next administration.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: April 17, 2017, 08:54:23 AM »
Connecticut current governor announced yesterday that he will not be seeking a third term (does happy dance). I'm hoping this means legalization will actually be plausible with the next administration.

I hope so too; it still astounds me that he wasn't on board with that, especially given the financial woes that we've been experiencing.

The one downside to that announcement? I think we've just subjected the nation to Dannell Malloy.   He's had national aspirations for a while now. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #814 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »

I hope so too; it still astounds me that he wasn't on board with that, especially given the financial woes that we've been experiencing.

The one downside to that announcement? I think we've just subjected the nation to Dannell Malloy.   He's had national aspirations for a while now.

No doubt. He's been gunning for a transportation department gig in DC from what I understand. As far as the weed thing goes , I've read that he's taken a lot of money from CT's alcohol distribution industry.

I'm not saying legalizing weed would suddenly make CT perfect, but if there was ever a time for a guaranteed massive tax hail Mary that public would happily pay, this was it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
All people die, but not many people ever truly live

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
Bernie is relieved.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I can't read the article at this time. I have 30 seconds to type this. Go Vermont!! First state to legalizing through the state's governing body rather than a popular vote of its citizens :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Bernie is relieved.

Bernie is baked. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
I can't read the article at this time. I have 30 seconds to type this. Go Vermont!! First state to legalizing through the state's governing body rather than a popular vote of its citizens :tup

Yea thats great  :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online XeRocks81

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/05/11/canada-marijuana-data-collection_n_16558892.html

The subject of marijuana is in the news a lot in canada these days.  Legalization was one of the things Trudeau campaigned on he still seems set on going through with it, as opposed to electoral reform (I'm still pissed about that)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #822 on: June 14, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »
Just reporting in that I am in Seattle and went to a legal shop yesterday with my girlfriend and while I've been to them in Denver and in Amsterdam, this shop was different. Had way more options and the budtender was great. We both left after making some purchases thinking how much safer, easier, more knowledgeable, and better for the economy the entire process was. I mean I knew that, but this experience was so much better than the past and it really felt so normal.  The amount of information they had was ridiculous for various ailments too. It's sad that we can't access this the in the rest of the nation.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #823 on: June 14, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
Welcome to Seattle! Watch your step for all those heroin needles laying around. What brings you here?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #824 on: June 14, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
Welcome to Seattle! Watch your step for all those heroin needles laying around. What brings you here?

Girlfriend and I are touring the Northwest.  As soon as we got in, we are now heading out.  Hitting up a bunch of national parks along the way from Seattle to San Fran over the next week. 

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #825 on: June 14, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »

Girlfriend and I are touring the Northwest.  As soon as we got in, we are now heading out.  Hitting up a bunch of national parks along the way from Seattle to San Fran over the next week.
If I were you I'd drive right on past San Francisco on the way to Moterrey/Carmel, slowing only enough to wave a friendly hello in Lonestar's general direction.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #826 on: June 14, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »

That's awesome. We had considered that very trip for The TAC Family Summer Vacation.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #827 on: June 14, 2017, 11:38:31 PM »

If I were you I'd drive right on past San Francisco on the way to Moterrey/Carmel, slowing only enough to wave a friendly hello in Lonestar's general direction.

Actually have gone to Monterrrey/Carmel, beautiful area and love the aquarium over there. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #828 on: June 22, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »
So on my trip, we also went to a spot called Farma in Portland.  Got to experience the way Oregon does legalized marijuana.  That experience was more like Denver in that there's a waiting lobby after you check in before you can go and work one on one with a budtender to find your product. Significantly less choices and a whopping 20% sales tax not included in price.  This made me go back and look at my Seattle receipt which included tax in the listed price (I didn't do the math, but it seems like it may not be far off from that 20%).

Anyway, I bought CBD gummies.  I had only ever heard of CBD marijuana strains from TV shows.  For those not aware, there are essentially two active ingrediants in marijuana.  THC and CBD.  THC gets you high, we all know that one.  Most marijuana you purchase off the street will be high in THC and low or zero in CBD.  However, in the legalized areas, you can find high CBD and low or zero THC marijuana strains.  The CBD is apparently where the medical part of the marijuana comes in.  It has been said that CBD helps with epilepsy and therefor is what they give to children so they don't get the high.  CBD is also apparently good for dealing with pain.

I had been dealing with gout pain for awhile.  I've been out of my flare up for awhile, but every once in awhile I still get some pain in my foot.  I happened to have this happen while I was on my trip, likely due to dehydration.  Regardless, I decided I wanted to try some CBD marijuana and see if it helped.  I ate one serving of the CBD gummy.  I also smoked some THC.  I think this may have added to the effect (the budtender told me it would as well).  I stared at the ceiling in our bedroom for hours that night.  My girlfriend said she had never seen me act that way before.  I felt amazing, but was in a totally different state.  I got to say, I did not feel a single bit of pain that evening.  I just think it took my mind completely off it, essentially numbing me (I was told this as well).  I definitely don't have any desire to do this for fun, but I really think it worked with my only negative being that I was not really able to do anything productive.  Compare this to my prescribed pain pill, which gives me terrible stomach pains and diahrea, I really think this works.  Granted, I can be productive on the pain pill, but I have wondered if maybe I just ate the edible and not smoked, how would that have worked?  Would I be able to go to work and not be in pain?  I'm really curious about the potential of CBD now and feel its a shame that we can't get access to that here in NJ.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: June 23, 2017, 08:39:42 AM »
The "budtender".  :)

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #830 on: June 23, 2017, 08:45:17 AM »
*CBD Post*

I have horrible back pain in the winter months due to a combination of a vitamin D and iron deficiency, and lack of sunlight. The high CBD strains I use do wonders and I don't need muscle relaxers.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #831 on: June 23, 2017, 08:49:12 AM »
The "budtender".  :)

I get a good laugh out of everyone I use that term with.  I didn't realize they were called that (they didn't refer to themselves as that) until I was googling some of the stuff and saw the term being used.  Got to say, they were on point though for recommendations and what to expect.
*CBD Post*

I have horrible back pain in the winter months due to a combination of a vitamin D and iron deficiency, and lack of sunlight. The high CBD strains I use do wonders and I don't need muscle relaxers.

I've never seen CBD strains for sale outside of the legalized stores in the US (didn't see it in Amsterdam).  I'd buy more if I could specifically for pain.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #832 on: June 23, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
I've never seen CBD strains for sale outside of the legalized stores in the US (didn't see it in Amsterdam).  I'd buy more if I could specifically for pain.

I have a buddy in Colorado that sent me some seeds inside a Mario toy with a removable head. I tended my own garden.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #833 on: June 23, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
 :metal :metal

That's the way to go.  We spent an afternoon in San Fran with my gf's aunt and uncle.  We were about to go out for lunch and he goes to us "You guys smoke?" and pulls out a bowl and hits it  :lol I was so shocked.  Of course I joined in.  He then said how his landlord grows it and gives it to him even though he has a card and can buy it in cali.  I just think that's so cool and a huge reason for legalization, it's just a plant.

Offline portnoy311

« Reply #834 on: June 23, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »

I have a buddy in Colorado that sent me some seeds inside a Mario toy with a removable head. I tended my own garden.

It's sad that my first thought was how that was probably a felony. For sending seeds of a plant that is legal in my state, and a strain that you're not even using to get high.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #835 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
It's at least one felony (the growing), and possibly two others. Shipping between state lines might be one, and I might technically be in a school zone. There are four package stores between me and the school, two of which have been robbed in broad daylight over the last month, but that's neither here nor there.

I often thought about what would happen if I were to get caught. Outside of rolling and giving a single joint to a friend of mine after his surgery, and sharing a bowl with a forum member before a DT show, I never distributed the stuff in any capacity. The only chance of getting caught was if Victoria narked on me, my electric company decided to blow the whistle because of my bill, or some task force flew overhead with a thermal imaging camera. Between that operation and all my hydroponic stuff, my electric bill was about quadruple what it is today.

The way I saw it... I'm 28 years old, and the only thing I have on my record is a reckless driving charge from when I had just turned 18. I have a good job, own a home, and pay plenty of taxes to this state. Had I been caught, I don't think I would have gotten anything related to intended distribution. There were no scales or packaging materials in my home, and I would have happily give them my cell phone and communication history. I've never used my AR card, and if need be, I could have used that as a last resort to avoid jail time. I don't know how that may have affected current or future employment, but that was a risk I was willing to take. The only way things change is if people take risks. The public hearing stories about innocent taxpayers like myself getting thrown into a facility that requires tax dollars from others is what helps change people's tune.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:52:47 AM by Chino »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #836 on: June 23, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
I always thought shipping seeds was kind of a grey area with regards to legality. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #837 on: June 23, 2017, 10:04:17 AM »
I always thought shipping seeds was kind of a grey area with regards to legality.

A while back I ordered 20 from Amsterdam. The first batch never arrived, so the company shipped again. The second batch made it, but all 20 seeds were completely destroyed (intentionally smashed with something). I suspect it was someone at customs who just didn't want to do paperwork. Batch 3 arrived intact (I only had to pay once). Months later, I got a letter from customs for the first batch saying that they had been intercepted. I still have the letter. It said nothing about cannabis, which was a relief. I was really nervous initially. I believe the wording was something like "the shipment of seeds from unknown origin". I'm assuming that's in place to 1) stop drugs and 2) prevent invasive species of plants from making their way into US ecosystems.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #838 on: June 23, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
Yea, I recall seeing stuff in amsterdam for having seeds shipped home.  I also recall seeing websites that would send them to you.  Hence why I figured it was some legal grey area.  That's pretty funny though that they smashed the seeds  :lol

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #839 on: June 23, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »
My recollection is that seeds aren't a problem for anybody but department of agriculture. Same reason you can't pack a banana in your carry-on. Where there is a problem is tipping off the federal government that you're a greenthumb.

Also, it's essentially impossible to not be in drug free zone. You're always within 1000' of where kids might congregate. I read a memo from a state prosecutor on how to nail people for it and there are all sorts of loopholes outside of what was originally intended. In my case, I'm within 1000' of a 24-hour fitness. They have a play area for kids which is a qualifier, which by the letter of the law makes my mere possession a felony. Aggregated by the fact that I own a gun. Pretty stupid, particularly when Texas is actually somewhat generous with their marijuana laws.
E.F. Benson