Author Topic: What kind of Cars do you guys drive?  (Read 11937 times)

Offline adastra

Re: What kind of Cars do you guys drive?
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »
Presently we own:

2014 Acura RLX- Just traded in my old Acura. Pearl Black
2010 Acura MDX- Pearl Black
2013  Maserati Quattroporte S -Nero (My baby)
2008 Range Rover Sport- Silver
2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo- Black (Mrs. Vox's new car)

Mrs. Vox's new ride outside the driveway first day...

holy shit o.o
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2013, 07:03:50 AM »
Presently we own:

For reals?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2013, 07:21:37 AM »
Presently we own:

pffft.  Looks like the piece of shit has an oil leak already. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
I drive a blue BMW 528i E39, very much like this

I can't tell you how much I love the e39. If I saw one in a good shape and moderately priced I'd pick it up in a heart beat.

Offline adastra

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »
I drive a blue BMW 528i E39, very much like this

I can't tell you how much I love the e39. If I saw one in a good shape and moderately priced I'd pick it up in a heart beat.

I've never liked BMW's o.o  I've always thought that they are some kind of "asshole-cars"  ;D  If you have Bmw you must be speeding and driving thru red lights  :P
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »
BMW > Mercedes :biggrin:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »
Presently we own:

pffft.  Looks like the piece of shit has an oil leak already.

:lol I also told her it looked like an oil leak after she took the pic...in reality...Midwest summers + air conditioning= puddles of condensation.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Nah bro.. That there is a lemon. Tell ya what... It's gonna need more work on it than it's worth. Why don't you just give it to me and I'll see if I can salvage it
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Figured it was the air conditioning.

Still, 4 doors do not belong on Porsche's.  It's awesome and awkward at the same time, which just makes it awkward.  Looks like a photon torpedo with wheels.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
2009 Ford Focus 5 Speed

Offline Xanadu

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »
This bad-boy:

(not my car, but i have one exactly like it).
A 2007 Ford Transit Connect.

It´s all about the ladies!  :hat

Offline Fisi

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »
Presently we own:

Wow, nice taste, the Quattroporte is one of the most beautiful things on earth! (IMHO)  :tup

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
Presently we own:

Wow, nice taste, the Quattroporte is one of the most beautiful things on earth! (IMHO)  :tup

I'm with you there.   They make you weep for the perfection!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Presently we own:

Thank you. It was a birthday gift to myself last year. I am in love with my car. As pathetic as that sounds I know. Actually, I think I'm in love with the experience of owning and driving it. It makes me all kinds of happy every time I even just sit in it. I will safely say, it's my favoriate car that I've ever owned.

Offline sueño

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
On a less happy note, I've discovered that my ONE black car (2004 Altima) is dying a slow death.   :'(  It's drinking oil at about a quart a week.  Solution?   New engine, new car or keep feeding oil til the whole thing shuts down.   >:(

Sure, I've got over 97,000 miles on it but it's paid off, looks good, runs beautifully apart from the oil thing.  I cannot afford another car.  My temp (yes, temp) job is far from public transport.  I have no money to put down other than what I could get for my car.

I wish there was a way to know how much longer I have...   :sad:
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »
All this talk about Maserati's reminds me of the time I saw a Dodge Aries with three trident badges on them, and the owner tried telling me it was a 1980 Maserati Kyalami.  They kind of look similar at a quick glance, but you could still see the outline of the "Aries" badge he pried off  :lol

I'm not a car guy, so I have a 2007 Toyota Prius.  Bought it new in 2007, and I don't see myself getting a different car until it starts having major issues.  Hopefully by that time the Tesla will have come down in price a bit.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »
Sure, I've got over 97,000 miles on it but it's paid off, looks good, runs beautifully apart from the oil thing.  I cannot afford another car.  My temp (yes, temp) job is far from public transport.  I have no money to put down other than what I could get for my car.

:/   Sorry to hear about that.  97,000 miles isn't that many miles on it.  Have you had a few mechanics check it out?  I would at least get two opinions about it.  I know my Saturn leaks oil (not as much) but it's just the oil pan gasket.  It might be something similar for your car, and less costly.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »

2009 Ford Focus

and

2011 Ford Ranger

Offline sueño

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
Presently we own:

Thank you. It was a birthday gift to myself last year. I am in love with my car. As pathetic as that sounds I know. Actually, I think I'm in love with the experience of owning and driving it. It makes me all kinds of happy every time I even just sit in it. I will safely say, it's my favoriate car that I've ever owned.

Great series on Science Channel:  https://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/how-its-made/videos/dream-cars.htm

Quattroporte is featured this coming Thursday!

Offline sueño

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »

:/   Sorry to hear about that.  97,000 miles isn't that many miles on it.  Have you had a few mechanics check it out?  I would at least get two opinions about it.  I know my Saturn leaks oil (not as much) but it's just the oil pan gasket.  It might be something similar for your car, and less costly.

Actually, just over 94,440 miles - but who's counting?   :\

I've done some research on this problem.  Apparently it's common within this age group of Nissans.  "Pre-cat failure" seems to be the culprit, with a guy on the Nissan forum saying: 
the only remedy being an engine rebuild, a new engine, or a used engine that doesn't have these issues

:'(

See, I'm not leaking oil onto the ground, nor is it burning where you can see (the awful blue smoke).  The only areas of concern are the oil gulping and it showing up black when you check the dipstick.  Everything else seems flawless.

I will get an oil analysis and another opinion but it's not looking good.  Just putting oil in will let the car live another week to six months.

:mehlin

My life.....   :(

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »
Figured it was the air conditioning.

Still, 4 doors do not belong on Porsche's.  It's awesome and awkward at the same time, which just makes it awkward.  Looks like a photon torpedo with wheels.

I always feel like I'm in the minority around my friends when I saw I like the panormera. When I saw one for the first time in real life I just loved it even more.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
I don't drive but If I could have any car - money no option it would be one of these :

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:26 AM »
I don't care what anyone says. The Delorean was one of the sexiest cars ever made.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
I don't care what anyone says. The Delorean was one of the sexiest cars ever made.

I'll be honest, I seriously considered buying one.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »

I'll be honest, I seriously considered buying one.

If I lived out west, I would totally buy one. CT roads and weather wouldn't treat that car nicely.

I never wanted a pair of limited edition shoes so badly:

and just because:

and for my wedding:

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
I bought a Nissan Versa when gas started going through the roof, and even though it's a few years old and pretty damn small I still drive it for the gas mileage.

1980s Jaq is looking at it and saying "you're never gonna get blown in THAT thing:rollin

:rollin  :rollin  :rollin  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline sueño

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
I don't drive but If I could have any car - money no option it would be one of these :

I live out West and I've seen a couple of Deloreans driving around here.  I'll be honest -- they really don't look that hot in real life.   :|

But that Challenger?????   :heart :heart :heart    :hat

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
Yeah, that Challenger is very sweet. They shared that style with the Barracuda. I'd like to have one about circa 1970 or so. Of course, I'd only have one to show really, and I dont have time for that.
If the price continues to fall, I might actually buy a Fisker Karma soon. Test drove one a couple of times the past couple of months. Maybe a good investment, since theyre going to be no more.

Offline sueño

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
Yeah, that Challenger is very sweet. They shared that style with the Barracuda. I'd like to have one about circa 1970 or so. Of course, I'd only have one to show really, and I dont have time for that.
If the price continues to fall, I might actually buy a Fisker Karma soon. Test drove one a couple of times the past couple of months. Maybe a good investment, since theyre going to be no more.

OMG!   :omg:   I need a fainting emoticon...  I love them so much!   For those who don't know, here's one 

And they've got the nerve to be ecologically sound!   :tup

Forgive me Temp, as this is in poor taste...  but you must be a millionaire.   :hefdaddy

That's it.  That's all.     :|

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
Nah he just has good credit and a trustworthy handshake

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2013, 05:32:34 AM »
2010 Mazda 3. Not a pick of mine, but it's the same color:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2013, 06:11:24 AM »

There are a bunch of them around here (Tampa Bay, FL) they look sexy as hell.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2013, 06:17:24 AM »
OMG!   :omg:   I need a fainting emoticon...

Like this?  :faint:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »

:coolio :zydar:  :coolio

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »
Hopefully if it arrives on time at my dealer this Friday, I will be the very happy owner of a dark blue 2014 Nissan GT-R black edition. I traded in my Mitsu Evo and a Saab 9-3 that wasn't being used. I can't wait to play with the launch control. :angel: