Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 114661 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #1190 on: April 06, 2017, 05:03:55 AM »
She is a terrible actress though.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1191 on: April 06, 2017, 07:38:41 AM »
So you ever go out of town and stop in some local dive for dinner and there's a random dude over in the corner eating and paying no mind to the fact that out-of-town visitors are trying his favorite dive for the first time?  Completely oblivious to the world around him, caught up in his meal, like any other weekly visit.

Next time you go to your favorite place for a bite to eat, consider that you're that guy.  You're that guy.  At any given point in your meal, the complete stranger that comes through the door may have just traveled a great distance and this place is where they chose to eat.  Your place.  Your favorite watering hole.  You are the random, nameless stranger.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1192 on: April 06, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »
Why does my body decide to have an evacuation event just minutes after having a shower?  >:(
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1193 on: April 06, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »
Or you have one get dressed then you are about to leave and head right back into the bathroom?

Why when I get a coffee at Dunkin Donuts they give me 3 napkins but when I get food I get no napkins?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1194 on: April 15, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
I want to melt someone's face off and mix the remains in soup.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1195 on: April 15, 2017, 08:53:21 PM »
Why does my body decide to have an evacuation event just minutes after having a shower?  >:(

That's the worst.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1196 on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:06 AM »
I was going to post this in the controversial opinions thread.... but I didn't feel like reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in since October.

The talk box is an underutilized musical instrument.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1197 on: April 20, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
I was going to post this in the controversial opinions thread.... but I didn't feel like reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in since October.

They played Frampton on the morning drive did they?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1198 on: April 20, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

lol Coheed concert last night

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1199 on: April 21, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »
Oh boy, I'm really gonna need to wash up after that. Eeeeeew.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1200 on: April 21, 2017, 02:03:58 PM »

All the teenage girls at the time listened to him using this device that sounds like you're barfing into a vacuum cleaner, and thought he was saying "I want to spaaaaank you!"  Probably part of the reason it's one of the top selling live albums of all time.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1201 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:39 PM »
I really miss Hef

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1202 on: June 19, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
I really miss Hef

Where is he? Did Bosk finally ban him?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1203 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
Vacation.  Enjoying the beach and stogies.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1204 on: July 28, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
I can always tell what my employees have been looking up on the computer based on the ads that pop up.

Looks like someone is looking at engagement rings.

And someone else has been looking up VR headsets.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1205 on: July 28, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
I can always tell what my employees have been looking up on the computer based on the ads that pop up.

Or the one person is looking to get married to a VR simulation. The perfect marriage.

Shhh. Don't ask why you'd be buying a physical ring for a VR woman.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1206 on: July 28, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »

Or the one person is looking to get married to a VR simulation. The perfect marriage.

Shhh. Don't ask why you'd be buying a physical ring for a VR woman.

:lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1207 on: August 02, 2017, 01:06:47 AM »
Saw a cicada a few minutes ago and got reminded of how terrified of them I am. Pretty strange that I'm so afraid of cicadas which are harmless yet I have two tarantulas as pets.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1208 on: August 03, 2017, 05:31:57 AM »
Here's a very random thought: I find somehow "annoying" how the expression "to sleep with" is always used as a global and general metaphor for the two-headed monster.

I mean, on one hand I perfectly understand how it's less gross to say "to sleep with" rather than saying "having sex" or, as prude people say, "the F word",  but I've seen countless situations where "X slept with Y" has been used even though the couple literally did not consumate the act in bed at all  :D

I get that the most common situation is two people consumating it in bed at one's place and then the other partner stays the night... but this translated into that generic "sleeping with" that is used when there are no beds or sleeping involved  ;D

Also in Italy we have the same expression, the literal translation would be "to go to bed with", I would feel very weird in saying I went to bed with someone if all I did was a quickie in a car or whatever other situation.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1209 on: August 03, 2017, 05:46:15 AM »
When I hear or read of something happening "15 years ago", I still imagine that to be the early-to-mid 90s. 15 years ago was actually 2002. Time flies...

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1210 on: August 03, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
First time I got to 2nd base.
I was 16, and we were at a Jo Dee Messina concert.

That was nearly 10 years ago to the day.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1211 on: August 06, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
What's he building in there?

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1212 on: August 18, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »
Show some goddamned self restraint already!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: August 18, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
I've  got a pocketful a pocketful of sunshine

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1214 on: August 18, 2017, 12:46:21 PM »

On this quick quote, I saw her open for Train this summer, one hell of a voice.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1215 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »

On this quick quote, I saw her open for Train this summer, one hell of a voice.

Natasha's voice is sexy.

Someone drove by blasting the song... and it will always be associated with this scene for me.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cable

« Reply #1216 on: August 18, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »
Saw a cicada a few minutes ago and got reminded of how terrified of them I am. Pretty strange that I'm so afraid of cicadas which are harmless yet I have two tarantulas as pets.

Yeah seriously TheCount, that is strange! Both would freak me out more than their smaller distant relatives.
---

Offline Cable

« Reply #1217 on: August 19, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
Here's a very random thought: I find somehow "annoying" how the expression "to sleep with" is always used as a global and general metaphor for the two-headed monster.

I mean, on one hand I perfectly understand how it's less gross to say "to sleep with" rather than saying "having sex" or, as prude people say, "the F word",  but I've seen countless situations where "X slept with Y" has been used even though the couple literally did not consumate the act in bed at all  :D

I get that the most common situation is two people consumating it in bed at one's place and then the other partner stays the night... but this translated into that generic "sleeping with" that is used when there are no beds or sleeping involved  ;D

Also in Italy we have the same expression, the literal translation would be "to go to bed with", I would feel very weird in saying I went to bed with someone if all I did was a quickie in a car or whatever other situation.

Seinfeld did a good episode IMO about the twisting "sleeping" with "sex."  :lol
s2e9 "The Deal"

---

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1218 on: August 22, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »
Why does a week between two dates feel so long?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1219 on: August 27, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »
just rolling along...
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1220 on: August 31, 2017, 01:30:03 AM »
Reading random articles about food as led me to one conclusion: my life will not be complete until I visit Italy. As an Italian-American, I've already been raised to love Italian food and it is indeed my favorite style of cuisine, but to have all of these types of food, especially Bolognese sauce, in the country where they originated is something that I must experience before I die.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1221 on: August 31, 2017, 03:20:08 AM »
Random thought:

Hypothetically, if you took all the racist people in the world & put them all in one country with no-one else there & no way for any of them to escape, does the phrase "racist people are bad" become contradictory?
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1222 on: August 31, 2017, 05:09:15 AM »
I was in Italy for a couple of days a few years ago and I wished I could spend more time there.

I want to return and visit lake como.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1223 on: November 14, 2017, 06:49:34 AM »
If you are installing a light switch, and the indicator says "NO"...believe it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1224 on: December 19, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
People have had a lot to say about Assange's moves, but I feel as if there were more people on the dance floor, it wouldn't seem so weird. The dude's having a good time, I can't fault him.

And the main point I'm getting at, I too feel the music burning inside me, but I only let it loose in private since it probably looks just like that.