Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 114660 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #770 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »
It is weird how - for the most part - we never see anyone going to the toilet in films or TV.

Unless a specific scene takes place in there.

According to Frakes - there is only one toilet on the entire Enterprise D.

But mostly - it's just never thought about. That is strange.

Offline adastra

« Reply #771 on: March 19, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »
Something really bad has happened.... I've fallen in love...
How can I continue with my suicidal / depressing music project when I feel this fucking good.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #772 on: March 20, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »
that sucks

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #773 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:58 PM »
*Browsing through iTunes library by genre*

Unknown Genre - BTBAM - Telos

The only song under the genre...

:rollin :metal
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:22:00 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #774 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »

Well, crap. You have my condolences.

My random thought: Procrastination's a bitch.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »

Well, crap. You have my condolences.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #776 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »
Sometimes we hold ourselves prisoner in bad situations because we are in fear of making the necessary changes. We get comfortable in our circumstances, and don't want to do the things that will correct them for fear we will have to make an uncomfortable change. Change is as bold an obstacle as any that stands in our path to freedom.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #777 on: April 08, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »

Try this.  See if you can say the following two words without stumbling through them:

Irish Wristwatch

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #778 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:55 AM »

Try this.  See if you can say the following two words without stumbling through them:

Irish Wristwatch
Damn, that's tough! :lol

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #779 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
I don't see the problem. Must be an accent thing.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #780 on: April 08, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
I did it the first time w/out thinking... but now I can't say it w/out slurring and fucking it all up
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #781 on: April 08, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
It's one of a group of phrases that are used to help people with certain speech impediments overcome their problem with forming certain sounds.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #782 on: April 08, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
It's funny because I have some issues with my speech and I was able to say it no problem... but as soon as I let myself think about the fact that it is a tongue twister, it threw me off.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #783 on: April 08, 2014, 08:52:08 PM »
Ah, all that psychological crap.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #784 on: April 14, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
So a lunar eclipse is set to happen where I live, and as far as I could see it hasn't happened quite yet but is set for around 1 or 2 in the morning. Still mulling over whether I should stay up to see it or not.

But while I was standing on the driveway to my house, almost all lights throughout the street off, the moon was bright enough that I could still see around quite well. Everything looked pale and calm, the air was chill at around the mid 50's give or take and the breeze soothing. It doesn't get much better than this. Where I live, this is a pretty rare occurrence, so my random thought of the day is how great the moment is.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
a. ) Would you rather be receding down the side like Hugh Dennis or Stewart Lee ( my avatar )

Or going down the middle like Jason Alexander

b.) Would you rather say fuck it - it's life and let nature take it's course - or shave it all off and go completely bald as soon as you notice it's going thin on top ?

Jasper Carrott once joked that if you see a bald guy - you take no notice of him - yet if you see a guy receding badly - you have to stare at it :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #786 on: April 18, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
I so wish that I had been gifted with a cast-iron stomach when I was born.  That's almost 44 years of off and on tummy trouble. :'(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #787 on: April 20, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
If people find Matt Smith attractive - there's hope for me yet.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #788 on: April 20, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
He also has a TARDIS. That will get you a ton of pussy.

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: April 20, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »
IVE ALWAYS WANTED A KITTEN

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:45 PM »
The truth is the truth. You can’t alter the truth to suit your needs. If you were able to do so, it would make the truth a grey area, thus making it hard to define as the truth. Real truth is an absolute, assuming you know what that truth truly is.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
The truth is the truth. You can’t alter the truth to suit your needs. If you were able to do so, it would make the truth a grey area, thus making it hard to define as the truth. Real truth is an absolute, assuming you know what that truth truly is.

Hey, this is DTF. A simple opinion is all that is needed to change reality. Truth is a gray area...except when it I don't agree with it. Wait...what?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #792 on: April 22, 2014, 05:44:22 AM »

Hey, this is DTF. A simple opinion is all that is needed to change reality. Truth is a gray area...except when it I don't agree with it. Wait...what?
People who perceive they have he truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #793 on: April 22, 2014, 08:34:30 AM »

People who perceive they have he truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true.

Deepak Chopra...is that you?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
Do farts have lumps in them?  :facepalm:

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #795 on: April 22, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

Ever notice how con trails look like chromosomes in the sky?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #796 on: April 22, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
"People who perceive they have he truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true." Tick

I'm going to try and memorize that Tick... I hope you don't mind if I use it the next time I'm backed into a corner during a conversation.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #797 on: April 23, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
If your voice is a loud one, you'll never stop screaming.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #798 on: April 23, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »
"People who perceive they have the truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true." Tick

I'm going to try and memorize that Tick... I hope you don't mind if I use it the next time I'm backed into a corner during a conversation.
:tup
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:20:36 PM by Tick »

Offline Red

« Reply #799 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:41 PM »
How can I continue with my suicidal / depressing music project when I feel this fucking good.

Wow. That's amazing. I've had the same kind of experience recently where I was going through a very hard time supressing my feelings for this girl I really like. That period of torture lasted 3 months, and when I couldn't live with it anymore I let her know that I like her and wanted to go out with her.

I felt good to let it all out and let her know my feelings. But things gone downhill ever since - if that's a right way to put it.

That's part of life, I guess. Finding love is probably the most profound life experience, in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope you can continue creating your music - regardless of the happy and positive moments that you may be experiencing each day. Remember to keep smiling - that'll help.   :)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #800 on: April 24, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »
"People who perceive they have he truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true." Tick

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #801 on: April 24, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »
"People who perceive they have the truth have only lies if they truly do not have the truth. Somewhere the truth lies as an absolute. Who knows the real truth is unknown to many but whether or not we know what the real truth is, does not mean it fails to exist. It just means we are not clear on who has the truth and who does not. We only know what we personally believe to be the truth. Either way, it won't stop the real truth from being true." Tick

:lol :rollin :lol :tup

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #802 on: April 24, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
 Laser beans
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #803 on: April 26, 2014, 08:02:55 AM »
???

Was that in response to my post ? :o

Koto... no, this is the RANDOM post thread.  Sorry I left you hanging for like 7 weeks.  I don't pop in here too much.  If I'm responding to a post, I'll either plop in a "^", or quote it.  Don't get me wrong, you can be a lol-worthy knob, but you aren't a dick (imo).   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #804 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »
Colors in my mind, happy events, impending doom.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin