Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 115685 times)

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #700 on: January 14, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
my heart is sad for Kotowboy  :(
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Zyzzyva17

« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
So, am I the only person who absolutely never wants to get married or have kids ? Secondly if I didn't wake up tomorrow it wouldn't be the worst thing ever.....

I'm in the same boat. I don't know your reasoning, but in my case, I am definitely not asexual, but I just don't like the idea of marriage. Mostly the commitment part. Although, in my case, the dislike extends to relationships as well. I will admit that I have never been in a relationship and possibly never will be. And people will tell me that I just haven't found the right person. Maybe they're right, but if I never find the "right person", I'm ok with that. The way I see it, not wanting to get married is fine as long as it's actually what you want and not just a statement of hopelessness.
D - D/F# - G - D - Bm - Bm/A - E/G# - A

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #702 on: January 15, 2014, 04:45:11 AM »
It's the former. Ijust can't be doing with all that added responsibility and arguing over petty shit.

Offline sueño

« Reply #703 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:55 PM »
mine's more related to hopelessness.  i'm not an argumentative person.

and i've had "added responsibility" my entire life.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #704 on: January 15, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
The stupidest thing I get upset about is just growing up. Everything seems better in hindsight. I adored living in the UAE and even though we moved to the UK 26 years ago - it still upsets me. It feels like i'll never be that content ever again. Which is why it is so hard for me to watch things like Star Trek Generations as I just wished that the nexus was real and I could find it and go back to Dubai forever :emo:

I'm not an argumentative person either - I almost never even raise my voice. I have to be *really* pissed off for that to happen.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of some female company :) If someone was blind and stupid enough to want to spend that much time with me :lol

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #705 on: January 15, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
The stupidest thing I get upset about is just growing up. Everything seems better in hindsight. I adored living in the UAE and even though we moved to the UK 26 years ago - it still upsets me. It feels like i'll never be that content ever again. Which is why it is so hard for me to watch things like Star Trek Generations as I just wished that the nexus was real and I could find it and go back to Dubai forever :emo:

I'm not an argumentative person either - I almost never even raise my voice. I have to be *really* pissed off for that to happen.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of some female company :) If someone was blind and stupid enough to want to spend that much time with me :lol

No offense, but putting yourself down literally cannot help you in any way at all.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #706 on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »
I'm just being realistic. :dunno:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #707 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »
I'd hit it.  :yarr

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2014, 03:58:03 AM »
Randum thort 4 tha daye :

I hate shaving but also hate having facial hair.

Offline sueño

« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »

I wonder if the Dubai of today could ever match up to childhood memories from 26 years ago...

And you know you don't want someone "blind and stupid"    ;)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #710 on: January 19, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »
So I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial that says..."We guarantee you'll love our new pizza or the next ones on us!"
So let me get this straight...If I try one of your new pizzas and I think its lousy, your going to make it up to me by giving me another one of your pizzas?
ummm...ok.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #711 on: January 19, 2014, 07:06:35 AM »
So I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial that says..."We guarantee you'll love our new pizza or the next ones on us!"
So let me get this straight...If I try one of your new pizzas and I think its lousy, your going to make it up to me by giving me another one of your pizzas?
ummm...ok.

Sounds like a fool-proof plan for them.  Make a guarantee no one cares about, or will cash in on.  It's brilliant!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
Having social anxiety is my favourite thing.  :)

Really comes in handy in group interviews. :)

Interact with 5 strangers ?

No it's ok. I'm just gonna stand here not saying anything and the longer I go without saying anything the more difficult it is to speak and the worse I look.

:) Thanks all the same though. x

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #713 on: January 19, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
:(

:hug:
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: January 19, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »
:) x

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »
I'm still working on overcoming my own social anxieties, so I can relate.  Though I don't know whether or not mine are as severe as yours. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
If Kanye and Kim were drowning and you could only save one. What kind of sandwich would you make?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2014, 08:21:21 AM »
If Kanye and Kim were drowning and you could only save one. What kind of sandwich would you make?

Rump roast..........
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #718 on: January 20, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »

The best kind of sandwich for watching two media whores expire duhhh ! :P

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #719 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »
gah!  This medicine tastes like the back of my balls.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »

Man you're flexible!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lucien

« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »

Man you're flexible!

:lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #722 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »
If I pull on this any harder it may snap back and put my eye out.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #723 on: February 06, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »
But what if your dog has AIDS?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
The magic of books
« Reply #724 on: February 08, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
One of the things I love about books is that they’re not one-sided: they belong to the reader as much as the writer.  The writer writes, the reader reads, and they are both artists in their own way.

It’s easy to think of writers as the sole creators of books, but it’s not accurate.  The truth is, the readers are creators, too.  When a person reads a book, they put themselves into it, their own mind, their own imagination.  Their creativity is what fills in the blank spaces on the pages.  In that way, reading is, in and of itself, an art form, and every reader has their own artistic liberty.

As a writer, that fact can be frustrating for me.  It means that whatever I do, no matter how hard I try, no matter how clearly I express myself in my writing, I can never be sure that any reader will get out of it what I put into it.  I can never be sure that anyone will ever really understand me.  That can be daunting, but it is also magical.  Because if somebody reads my story and gets something out of it that I never put into it, then where did that something come from? 

That’s magic.  That’s the magic of books, and it can only happen when a reader and a writer work together.  Neither of them can do it alone. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #725 on: February 09, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »
wut
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lucien

« Reply #726 on: February 09, 2014, 01:21:38 PM »
Firebird, why are you such an amazing song

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #727 on: February 09, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
I don't know why, but I can't help but think that adult hood now starts around age 30. I mean, I'm 26 and in absolutely no way do I feel like an adult.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:01 PM »
Maybe that just means you aren't very good at it. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #729 on: February 09, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »
I'll tell you when you feel like an adult.  When you take your young nephew of 11 to see The Phantom Menace on a Friday night and his loves it. (I know, be quiet :lol) As we walk out he tells me, "Next movie let's go to the opening night!"

I was like, "Hell Yeah!".  So cut to 2002 and Attack Of The Clones comes out.  I call him the night before (Thursday) and he tells me, "Uncle, I can't be seen with you at a movie theater on a Friday night! That's date night!"  "Your cool, but not that cool."

I was 34 and that's when I knew I was old and an adult. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: February 09, 2014, 07:56:25 PM »
Me: This is my zombie destruction ball!  Give me one good reason why I shouldn't throw it at you!
My brother: ... I'm not a zombie.
Me: Prove it!
Him: How?
Me: By letting me throw this ball at you!  If it doesn't destroy you, you're not a zombie!
Him: Okay, go ahead.

So I did.  Gotta love logic sometimes. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
Do I really need to take antibiotics for that? It wasn't that much blood...

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #732 on: February 10, 2014, 03:38:17 PM »
Crowded House, you utter geniuses.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
You know what would be more romantic than a gift on Valentines' Day ?

A gift on ANY OTHER DAY.

:P ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:18:38 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #734 on: February 14, 2014, 03:06:49 AM »
I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be BOTH!!