General > General Discussion

The DTFer World Map v. Where Do You Live....

(1/58) > >>

lonestar:
An idea I had from some silliness in the funny thread. Here's the idea, I have posted a simple map of the world. Each DTFer will add to it a small black dot representing where they live, and re-post it. Hopefully, by the end we can have some kind of cool representation of where all of us hail from. Also type out your home town for those of us who suck at geography.

My original idea for this was taken by Cozmo and made awesome, as Cozmo tends to do with most ideas, songs, and pretty much everything else, so for the way it's done, read the following post.....

Sir GuitarCozmo:
Okay, apparently GM DOES allow open collaboration on maps.  I set one up here:

Link

I had BVD go in to post his location, to ensure that it worked properly.  It appears to have worked fine, so everyone should be able to go in and add their location.  To add yours, click edit, zoom to your location, then click on the button on the map that looks like a purple balloon.  Place the placemark, put your name in the title and the location in the notes area.  Also, in the little edit window, it shows the purple balloon in the upper right hand corner.  If you click on that, you can choose from a bunch of different placemark icons.  Then click done.

If this starts to get messed up or things aren't working right, I can add placemarks for people if they send me their data or whatever.

Zydar:
Done. This works better :tup

Sir GuitarCozmo:
Awesome.  I like it!

PuffyPat:
I'm a helicopter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version