Author Topic: 2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 412051 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 05/04)
« Reply #2520 on: August 09, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
That's an awesome set. It gives the Japanese a real taste of BC&SL. At least they didn't miss out on TCOT. It'd make a great Ytsejam CD
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #2521 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
Very odd set list. Four songs from their latest album, one track from Systematic chaos, and two I&W classics mashed together. I wouldn't mind seeing this show, though...

Indeed it is odd to have played so many new songs, but there's a couple things to consider - it was the last set of the tour in support of Black Clouds & Silver Linings, so I'm sure they were likely to play at LEAST three of the four songs they've been playing from the album, if not all of them.

Also, I really do think MP chose the set to eventual release because why else would they include a song like "Prophets Of War"? It's an odd choice and they could have easily played "Constant Motion" or "Panic Attack" or any number of other songs in the 6-8 minute range, but instead they chose a song from Systematic Chaos that hasn't been released live yet.

The set was also under 80 minutes long, enough for a single CD release. And with no planned full-length album release this year (live or otherwise), I'm sure it'd be easy to mix and push this album out by year's end through YtseJamRecords (perhaps with one or two other releases! I could only hope...).

Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theorist and/or a bit paranoid but it just seems like the perfect set to release as a live documentation of this tour and songs that were played on it for the first time (everything in the main set, actually, was played for the first time this tour). I will keep hoping...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2522 on: August 09, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
I hope you are right M. But it could also simply be tailored to the japanese who didn't get a tour nor did they get POW last time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #2523 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
I hope you are right M. But it could also simply be tailored to the japanese who didn't get a tour nor did they get POW last time.

True. It could just be a coincidence, but it could've been by design, but only MP and the rest would know...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2524 on: August 09, 2010, 03:48:01 PM »
I'm really hoping for a DVD or Live CD now!! well, a YTSEjam ofc

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2525 on: August 17, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »
I don't think we'll see one in the near future, MP's schedule is pretty full.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2526 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
Yeaah, you're right...but it would still be pretty freaking awesome! :D

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2527 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:10 AM »
Can't argue with that!