Author Topic: ReaperKK's Roulette! - Final Results Are UP!!!!  (Read 26393 times)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: ReaperKK's Roulette! - Round 7 Results Up!
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2012, 05:58:00 AM »
I think it's interesting because people who view the roulette from outside are often: "it shouldn't take long", but when you're doing it yourself you notice that it's not as easy as you thought.  :biggrin:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:25 AM »
Final Results!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimetalhead - Polkadot Cadaver

* Bring Me The Head Of Andy Warhol - Crazy song, I definitely get the Dog Fashion Disco vibe from this band. Good stuff. - 3 points

* Choloroform Girl - Great song with an almost pop song type of feel. I really dig the acoustic guitar and the overall flow of the song. - 4 points

* What's The Worst Thing That Could Happen? - Another crazy piece but I like it more than the first song, I especially dig the slowed down bits. - 4 points

- Overall solid choice in band, I'll be checking them out soon!

Total - 11 points.

Nekov - The Aristocrats

* Get It Like That - So far half way into the song. Really digging it so far. Groovy, great guitar playing, the drums are fantastic and the drums are awesome. I'm always a sucker for great drumming. As the song picks up I like it more and more. Great pick! - 5 points.

* Furtive Jack - Another great song. It's a little more busy than the previous song but still very good. - 4 points

* I Want A Parrot - Stellar track! I don't know if I like it more than than "Get It Like That" but it's just unbelievable. - 5 points

- Stellar pick! Such great musicianship that doesn't overshadow the music. I can't wait to hear more stuff from this band.

Total - 14 points

Elite - Haken

* The Mind's Eye - Great song to rock out too. Vocals are good and the ending of the song really gives a great vibe. - 4 points

* Portals - Very proggy instrumental, I don't like it as much as the first song but it does flow very well. - 3 points

* Shapeshifter - Very torn about this song because it has a really strong opening and a very strong ending but it just loses me in the middle. Still good but I'm going with - 3 points

- Good pick, I've seen this band mentioned countless times on the forum so I'm happy to get introduced to them in the roulette. I'll be checking more stuff out from them, I feel I'd enjoy them if they were more straight ahead rock over proggy stuff.

10 points + 1 for how well the songs flowed

Total - 11 points.

Xanthul - The XX

* Crystalised - Really cool low key tune. A song that I can see myself listening to a lot really. - 4 points

* Islands - Similar comments as the previous song however this one this song is a lot more catchy. - 4 points

* Heart Skipped A Beat - Good tune but came off as kinda forgettable, the weakest of the bunch. - 3 points

- Overall really solid pick :tup

Total - 11 points

Ravenheart - Amanda Palmer

* Want It Back - Pretty intense synth opening! My interest kinda dropped off at that point, I think the way the vocals were recorded didn't click with me. - 2 points

* Grown Man Cry - Way better track than the previous track. The song has a really cool dark vibe to it that I really like. The guitar tones are awesome. - 4 points

* Trout Heart Replica - Awesome piano and string piece. Really powerful track, I think her voice is what makes it fall short of a full 5 points. - 4 points

- Really good pick, probably the best music I got from you this entire roulette. My only complaint is that her voice seems a little off at times.

Total - 10 points.

Zantera - North Atlantic Osciallation

* Chirality - Really epic sounding piece of music. Vocals and everything seems to flow well. I wasn't expecting those quiet little breaks but they were distracting and they didn't take away from the song at all. - 4 points.

* Mirador - Wow! What a fantastic song! It has such a grand feel to it, all the layers, just wonderful, wonderful track! - 5 points.

* Empires Waste - Probably the weakest of the three tracks but still very good. It was very hard for me to decide what points to award this track, I was thinking of 3 points but after listening to it a few times on my ipod I had to give it 5 points. - 5 points

- Best collection of music so far. This band is going straight to the top of music to check out list. Once I have a little more free time I'm going to scoop up their album.

Total - 14 points.

Sigz - Necro Deathmort

* Jaffanaut - Short song, great vibe to it. Love the electronic influence, can't wait to hear the other songs. - 5 points

* In Binary - Great carry over from the previous song. Another dark track that is simply fantastic. - 5 points

* Temple Of Juno - Wow perfect score! This group is seriously some great music, dark, heavy electronic influence, instrumental. - 5 points

- This band has all the elements of what I currently am seeking for, not to mention it's heavy as hell in some parts. Perfect score plus another point for good flow!

- 15 points + 1 point for the flow of the songs

Total - 16 points

Kari - The XX

* Intro - Well we have a little bit of an overlap from Xanthul. I'm guessing this is the start of the cd. Groovey stuff, really digging the vocals, the beat, and overall the track - 5 points.

* VCR - I love the female vocalist! again another subdued track still flawless. - 5 points

* Crystalised - Really cool low key tune. A song that I can see myself listening to a lot really. - 4 points

- You and Xanthual really picked a good band, you had better song picks, but only by a little bit.

Total - 14 points

Scorpion - Serj Tankian

* Empty Walls - Good track, not great but it's a little bit on the forgettable song. Seems a little bit like a generic rocker with Serj vocals on top. - 2 points

* The Unthinking Majority - This is a little more fun track, I would go out of my way to listen to this song. It's a fun song to listen to. - 4 points

* Money - Another pretty good song, I especially love the verses of the song, the instrumentation is what I really enjoy - 3 points

- Overall middle of the road pick. It's something I may check out much later but I've never been a big fan of Serj Tankian, often times his music is great but he gets a little tiring to listen to.

Total - 9 points

THE WINNER IS:

Nekov!

Nekov scored a total of 70 points this roulette! The rest of the contestants scores are as follows:

Zantera - 67 points
Sigz - 66 points
Kari - 64 points
Ultimetalhead - 63 points
Elite - 61 points
Xanthul - 60 points
Scorpion - 57 points

Some final thoughts, this was a great experience albeit more time consuming than I thought. I really appreciate your patience. I found some really great music this round and I'm slowly working my way through all the picks and listening to the album. Really awesome experience!
Ravenheart - 54 points
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:26:08 AM by ReaperKK »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: ReaperKK's Roulette! - Final Results Are UP!!!!
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2012, 06:02:07 AM »
I think it's interesting because people who view the roulette from outside are often: "it shouldn't take long", but when you're doing it yourself you notice that it's not as easy as you thought.  :biggrin:

Very true!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »

Even though I was ninja'd, I still had to post :andydt:  The last round started 3 weeks ago.  I get this was a big round at 3 songs per person, but 3 weeks is still a pretty long time.

Congrats to Nekov!!  Seems as though he's giving Z a run as the perennial winner.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »
 :hat

I really didn't think you were going to dig that band this much. Thank you for running the roulette, it was really fun

Congrats to Nekov!!  Seems as though he's giving Z a run as the perennial winner.

Thanks. This is only the second roulette I've won, I'm still miles away from the Z
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
This was probably the best I've done in a roulette since Cole, so it's nice to know that I can do reasonably well in a roulette run by someone who doesn't fail constantly.  :tup
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »
Alright, I could have done better I suppose. I'm glad you enjoyed it though, I did as a participant.

And congrats to Nekov. May you continue your streak in a similar fashion.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »

Thanks. You can always help with that  ;)
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »

Thanks. You can always help with that  ;)

$100,-
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
Great ouck Xanthul ;) ! Thanks for hosting Reap, it was fun. And of course congrats to nekov :)

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Yeah, it seems you chose better than me :P The XX were on my to-do list so I really wasn't familiar with the album, those three were the ones I had heard most praise from and I seemed to enjoy them so I went with it.

Great roulette, even if it took a few extra days here and there (understatement of the year) I had a lot of fun.