Author Topic: What is something you enjoy doing that others think is weird or ridiculous?  (Read 6682 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
I fucking LOVE to listen to music while I shower and or when I shave. Especially to high energy or really heavy music. It just feels really good to do. So I normally set up my guitar amp in the bathroom with me (because aux cable for iPod, and it's the only non computer speaker I own) and blast some BTBAM or something.

How about you DTF?
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Beverage buffet when getting stoned:

1. Glass of water
2. Beer
3. Flavorful beverage such as juice, sports drink, energy drink, chocolate milk, or vas deferens nectar.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
Getting up early to get ready for school. I don't like to be rushing about in the mornings, so I'll normally spend half an hour eating breakfast whilst watching Youtube videos before switching on some music to get dressed/made up to.

My friends don't understand that I like my Alice time :(

Edit: Also being quiet/reading a book at lunch. I'm not very sociable and I've been told to cheer up and have a conversation when I am quite happy to curl up and let my dinner go down.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
If I have a job interview/meeting/anything that could be considered stressful or nerve racking, I go practice my swing and throw about 100 pitches. I cannot be talked to, and I cannot listen to music. I don't think about whatever it is coming up, I just focus on my swing and focus on my pitching. I don't know what it is, but nothing else really puts me at peace as that.

(before the wedding I also did this. Courtney called me to ask if I was nervous and my mom said to her on the phone that "he's outside, and he's throwing REALLY hard" and the ceremony went without a hitch ;))

Oh, I also LOVE mowing the lawn. I get some of my best thinking done then.

• DT.net Member
Getting up early to get ready for school. I don't like to be rushing about in the mornings, so I'll normally spend half an hour eating breakfast whilst watching Youtube videos before switching on some music to get dressed/made up to.

Edit: Also being quiet/reading a book at lunch. I'm not very sociable and I've been told to cheer up and have a conversation when I am quite happy to curl up and let my dinner go down.

How much does Alice Time differ from Greenwich Mean Time?

nerve (w?)racking

Correct.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR

I do this too. Except it's always by two hours. If I have to leave the house at 8am, I get up at 6am. Always.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
Using frisbees as plates or filling them up with a drink and drinking out of the disc.

My non-music-obsessed friends think it's insane how much I listen to music.

When I'm home alone I like to play loud music and practice my death growl. And play air instruments.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm with Alice. I get up early so I have time to read DTF, news and stuff in the morning before I head out for work.
Sometimes I like to get stoned before I go jogging.

I listen to prog :neverusethis:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Taking a shower stoned
Being a prog chick :neverusethis:
Logging out of Internet message boards with an even post count

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

I've always done this, all the way back to 4th grade I would be up at 6 am or earlier. I need time to wake up and just chill a little bit before leaving to start the day. I truly despise rushing or being late.

I also am obsessively punctual. I usually get to class 10-15 minutes early. As I grow older I find myself caring less about this though.

My non-music-obsessed friends think it's insane how much I listen to music.

This too. Most of my friends don't even have music on their iphones. I couldn't function without it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:48:31 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline jcmistat

Go running really late at night, midnight or later. Couple miles sometimes 5 or more.

I love the peacefulness of no people, no cars, nothing but me and the night sky. Plus the weather is nice and cool. I swear I run better in terms of speed and endurance that late as well.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Finding a place to lay down and just listen to music and people usually give a weird look like one time I found this little outhang down by the falls, plopped myself down put on some of DTP Ghost, and I'd look up at the bridge and people were pointing at me with puzzled and worried looks...
In general people are taken aback by how much music I listen to.

Offline senecadawg2

Go running really late at night, midnight or later. Couple miles sometimes 5 or more.

I love the peacefulness of no people, no cars, nothing but me and the night sky. Plus the weather is nice and cool. I swear I run better in terms of speed and endurance that late as well.

that's very nice
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Putting stuff together from IKEA
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Putting stuff together from IKEA

That's not weird, unless you have parts/screws left over. :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Wow Lat, fucking super high five; I was going to post the exact same thing the moment I read the title. My ex used to think it was the weirdest thing in the world that I put on a playlist specifically for taking showers, and I do it every single time; no exceptions. Usually to high-energy music as well, but every now and then if I'm taking a hangover shower, I'll put on some FNDMNTL, Chroma Key, or ANALOGMAN; but most of the time it's Devin Townsend, Gorillaz, BTBAM, Opeth, or Parkway Drive. So fuck yeah to the shower playlists. That's really all I've got right now but I'm sure everything I do is weird in some way.

Oh, one minor thing. Every time I get a glass/cup to drink out of, even if I know it's just been washed and put way, I'll blow inside of it to get any dust or other debris out of it; if I have any doubt that there's still dust in it, I'll wash it out before pouring whatever I'm drinking in (even if it's more water).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
I listen to prog :neverusethis:
Wwll, this. :lol
I have tried to get some of my friends into prog but I have for the most part failed. One of them likes a little Dream Theater though.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Ruba

Oh, I also LOVE mowing the lawn. I get some of my best thinking done then.

I wouldn't say that I love it, but it is pretty cool anyway.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I'd say buying music. Most of my friends outside of the forum can't understand at all how I can spend so much money on CD's, Vinyl, Concert-tickets and so on. Yeah sure, it's a bit crazy at times, but on the other hand I don't get people who spend loads of money on alcohol every weekend either, so I guess it's a two way street.  :lol

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo

Wow, exactly this for me. Everyone I know wakes up about 30 minutes before they have to leave - I wake up way earlier and really take my time eating breakfast, reading the newspaper, showering, etc. It's stressful enough as it is at my work, I try to start as peacefully as possible.

And at lunch at work, I don't eat with the others. I take the food back to the computer and surf some YouTube videos or similar while I eat.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
I think... dunno, I have no idea. I've lost touch to when people perceive me as weird, "most of the time" covers it pretty well, so I suppose it's most of the stuff I do.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
And at lunch at work, I don't eat with the others. I take the food back to the computer and surf some YouTube videos or similar while I eat.

I do the same - except I'm usually on DTF during my lunch/dinner break. :biggrin:

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo

I do the same - except I'm usually on DTF during my lunch/dinner break. :biggrin:
Oh yeah, that too.  :hat

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
My chilli, ginger and tea consumptions are the first things that come to mind.
Air instrumentation (incliding air-pipa)
Hanging around with the anime/scifi society
Playing bass (especially above the seventh fret... SHOCK)
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

• DT.net Member
Playing bass (especially above the seventh fret... SHOCK)

N***a yoo gawn to hail :xbones

I'm constantly researching numerical stats, especially for NFL and NBA stuff. It's a big enough obsession that even my savviest of sports-obsessed friends stopped questioning me on anything stat-based long ago. I really would like to get into sports journalism.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

Oh yeah, that too.  :hat

I do that to but only because the cafeteria at work is horribly noisy.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

That, but I'm a bit antisocial at work. :blush

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
Oh, and listening to chinese music/anything to do with my vast China-obsession (which reminds me I need to get more of the traditional side of it).
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline Rattlehead

Taking a shower stoned

This... is heavenly  :hat

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo

That, but I'm a bit antisocial at work. :blush
Me too, but only at lunch. I love cracking horrible jokes with my collegues every now and then when we're working, but at lunch I think it's really relaxing to just put on headphones and forget about the outside world for a little while, before the madness starts again.

Offline Ruba

I'm constantly researching numerical stats, especially for NFL and NBA stuff. It's a big enough obsession that even my savviest of sports-obsessed friends stopped questioning me on anything stat-based long ago. I really would like to get into sports journalism.

Hey, I'm also one true sport statistic freak, but for NHL and ice hockey in general. I can spend hours searching information, I know it might sound crazy, but I think it's fascinating!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I enjoy eating the entire peanut (that includes the shell).

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
ITT: We realize 90% of DTF does drugs  :P

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Beverage buffet when getting stoned:

1. Glass of water
2. Beer
3. Flavorful beverage such as juice, sports drink, energy drink, chocolate milk, or vas deferens nectar.

:lol I thought I was the only one who does this, I get some weird looks when I'm at a restaurant.

I actually really like organizing my digital music library, tagging everything the way I want it.

I also like cleaning dishes, it's therapeutic to me, I don't use the dishwasher because I much prefer to clean them by hand.