Author Topic: lonestar's Top 50 Albums v. The Soundtrack of My Life-Honorable Mentions....  (Read 48733 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Thanks man, and check out the honorable mentions tomorrow, got a little twist on the concept coming up......

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Alright, I'll try the album out as well.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Great job with your list, lonestar.  I was off the grid most of last week, actually recording demos for The ANABASIS II, so I missed some of it, but enjoyed reviewing it just now.  Well done, sir!  :tup

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Great job with your list, lonestar.  I was off the grid most of last week, actually recording demos for The ANABASIS II, so I missed some of it, but enjoyed reviewing it just now.  Well done, sir!  :tup

I am soooooo looking forward to this. When can we expect the album, Barry? :caffeine:
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Oh, um...  :blush   I didn't mean to make this thread about my band.....next album will be ready probably by spring of 2013....thanks for your interest  :)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Oh, um...  :blush   I didn't mean to make this thread about my band.....next album will be ready probably by spring of 2013....thanks for your interest  :)

Great! Looking forward to it - Back from Being Gone is pretty cool, actually, but I have yet to buy it... :blush I'm sorry for that, btw, I'll get around to it, soon, I promise!

Anyway, sorry for derailing your thread, lonestar. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:46:36 PM by Scorpion »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
That had to be the quickest and most meager derailment in DTF history. :rollin

Thanks Barry, glad you enjoyed it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Awesome Top 50, dude - can't wait for the honorable mentions. :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
And you won't have to.......

Making up a top 50 was hard enough, but with all these people making honorable mention list, I felt I had to give props to those who play their own special part in making the music whisper and shout….

-To the Dad who had a moment of softness, and decided to not tell his teen son to “turn that crap down!!!” that one time, just happened to be the time the son heard the song that lit the fire to a passion that would burn for the rest of his life. It was that one sliver of time that made the difference for so many.

-To the high school garage bands, playing for nothing, practicing on a tireless schedule, fueled only by desire and a hunger for something greater. Some might make it, some will hold on to the passion in their own special way, some will fade into the obscure pools of humanity, never to create music again.

-To the bar bands that will never see the big stage, never see a record deal, never see all the luxuries of the rockstar life. Those who bust ass at work all day to pay the bills, then head to a seedy dive and rock out till the wee hours of the morning, all for a measly 300 buck, even though there’s enough talent between two guitarist and a drummer on a five piece that they can cover Lights Out by UFO perfectly.(I’ve seen this happen, fucking amazing) They do it for love, simply for love.

-To the bands who endlessly write and rehearse original material, expressing all the wants, hungers, and desires inside them, even though a paycheck is never to come. To lay your soul down without reward for others to contemplate is the greatest of vulnerabilities.

-To the strung out musician, his brilliance only outdone by his troubled soul. He has taken his last slam of dope, he will be dead soon. He literally gave his life to the business, only to be trashed in the papers in the morning.

-To the backbones of the business, working tirelessly to make sure that the music is just right, the lights are shining, and the stage sturdy.

-To the frustrated, the joyous, the sad, the angry, the lost, the reborn, the alone, the loved, the satiated, the hungry, the beaten, the wanting, the peaceful, the searching, to all of those who had a feeling, and needed a song to live it through, and to live through it.

-To the fans everywhere, for music needs a soul to satisfy, and the love of it needs to be shared.

It’s to all of these people, and so many more, that I would like to honor here, the ones who lived and breathed the music in every fashion. I have touched on what music means to me all over this list. When I was stuck in that insane childhood, the insanity stopped when the music played, and even today, if I want to stop the insanity, I always have my way out. The love of music, I feel, is the most intimate thing a person can have, it cannot be bred or grown. To tell someone what music to like is the most futile gesture of all, and to say a band sucks is a meaningless statement. That band that you may think sucks is bound to be the very thing that breathes life into another. Each of our souls ring to a different vibration, a different frequency, no two are alike. The multitudes of musical artist exist to satisfy these myriad vibrations and frequencies, and there are areas in our souls that can cross paths with others. Think of your favorite song, play it in your head, feel the bliss brought about by this simple act. Now imagine someone you care about, one whose soul is in tune with that same wonderful song  that brought that bliss to you. There lie the two of you, eyes closed, souls floating on the gossamer winds of sound, together.  Such times are the most intimate connections born of, moments when we know we have found someone who at some level lives, feels, and loves as we do. Lifelong friendships have been made out of this very simple union of souls. I have made a few myself, within this forum and out in the world. Such is the power of music. I am honored to have been able to give you guys a deeper look into the sounds and frequencies of my soul, the ones that have carried me through all the joys and sorrows of my life, and each and every one of you too are honorable mentions on this list. You help make the music happen in my life.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream."-Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Thank you, lonestar  :heart

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: lonestar's Top 50 Albums v. The Soundtrack of My Life-Honorable Mentions....
« Reply #464 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40:13 AM »
 :omg:

that little article of yours gave me goosebumps all the way!!!!

thank you dear.... a graceful way of ending an awesome thread..... :clap:

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: lonestar's Top 50 Albums v. The Soundtrack of My Life-Honorable Mentions....
« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
I teared, yes, I did.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #466 on: September 11, 2012, 01:47:36 AM »
vl;ra (very long, read anyway).

Great write-up there, lonestar. Very emotional and truly a worthy ending of a great list.  :tup

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:24 AM »
Thanks, Lonestar. I recognise a lot in that piece, to say that I've 'slaved' for 10 years in a band writing original songs and having that burning fire within wanting to perform them, rehearse them until my fingers bled (I was a 'drummer' then), waiting for an opportunity to record them well, (only to see those recordings fucked up by others) only to be able to say one day 'yes, that's our cd, those are our songs, my lyrics, our melodies' and then seeing what you lived for for 10 years dying onder your hands is indeed heartbreaking. I recognise so much of what you say. And it's hard to step away from that all and to say, 'yes, but it's only music, right?' there are far more important things in the world'. Well, I have found that music helped me through very hard times, found it does have a healing power and I will always be thankful I can draw on that resource when I feel I need it. Thank you Chef, for your eloquate words of wisdom. I salute you. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2012, 02:29:43 AM »
vl;ra (very long, read anyway).

Great write-up there, lonestar. Very emotional and truly a worthy ending of a great list.  :tup

Don't think I could've said it better. :hefdaddy

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #469 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:18 AM »
Thanks guys  :blush

Fun lonestar fact- The quote by Arthur O'Shaughnessey, "We are the music makers...." was my original sig on DTF. I of course first heard the line from the Gene Wilder version of Willie Wonka. :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:17:16 AM by lonestar »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #470 on: September 11, 2012, 04:04:21 AM »
Music was my first love and it will be my last. :tup
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #471 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:07 AM »

Fun lonestar fact- The quote by Arthur O'Shaughnessey, "We are the music makers...." was my original sig on DTF. I of course first heard the line from the Gene Wilder version of Willie Wonka. :D
I'll take lonestar for $100, Alex.  :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #472 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »
Well, I mean, to be perfectly honest, who DID ever hear of a snozzberry?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #473 on: September 11, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »
Awesome post

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
so . . .     Where are the honorable mentions??

:neverusethis:
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
 :lol

Surprised it took that long actually. Considering I got the next nine days off though, maybe I can come up with a good list though. Lord knows there are a shit ton of albums that deserve recognition.