Author Topic: All musicians unite! - The Musicians Chat Thread  (Read 68350 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • RIP Edward Bozoian, my best friend. 1989 - 2009
    • Link to my solo album
Re: All musicians unite! - The Musicians Chat Thread
« Reply #1715 on: July 31, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »
^ Huge fan of the new album, I've just bought it & I'm downloading it now.  :tup

The only criticism I have it that it seems to drag on a lot in the 2nd half. I'd suggest maybe taking the best ideas from each song from the final quarter (apart from CK9) & putting it into one song so it flows better for the whole album.

Favourite tracks: That's A Nice Bike, Strange Things, Do You Remember, CK9
Wow we're super stoked you like it! Also, I appreciate the feedback. This album was extremely experimental in that we were really trying to craft a sound (as pretentious as that might sound). Also, we really wanted to cram the album as much as we could so we had a lot of material to choose from when we finally start gigging. There aren't really any plans to deliberately do that again, unless the story calls for it. Anyways, thanks so much for the support and for buying the album. It means a lot. <3

• Link to my solo album
« Reply #1716 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22:33 AM »
Hey guys, I've got something new for ya! I just released my first instrumental solo guitar album! I wrote, arranged, recorded, and mixed everything, as well as played (and programmed) all of the instruments. My buddy (and Bloodhound bandmate, Tyler) mastered it for me. Would mean a lot if you guys would check this out as well. It's definitely not as long as the last Bloodhound album!

https://codymckenna.bandcamp.com/album/the-circle-of-wonders-i-welcome-to-the-circle

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1717 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:20 AM »
Had to let go our bassist, who replaced our former bassist in what was a total shitshow of a breakup three years ago.

Sucks, but he was one of those passive aggressive personalities. He had a strong vision of what the band should be, but he had no desire to lead us in that direction through anything other than arguments in the band group text.

• Link to my solo album
« Reply #1718 on: October 22, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
Had to let go our bassist, who replaced our former bassist in what was a total shitshow of a breakup three years ago.

Sucks, but he was one of those passive aggressive personalities. He had a strong vision of what the band should be, but he had no desire to lead us in that direction through anything other than arguments in the band group text.
Losing members is the worst. One time one of my bands had to kick out our singer. We weren't sure how to break it to him, so we looked up "ways to break up with a girl" online cause we though the situation would be similar. hahahaha. It said that doing it in a public place was a good idea so they don't make a scene, so we took him to poquito mas. Terrible idea. As we were in the middle of this conversation, they were calling our orders, so we'd be right in the middle of this intense thing - he's begging us to give him another chance (a 5th chance at this point), we're trying to explain to him why we can't do that, and then "NUMBER 21!", and one of us would be like "Oh, just a sec" and then get up to get our food, while he's just sitting there about to cry.  :lol :lol :lol
It was awful. hahaha.

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #1719 on: October 26, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
Hey guys, I've got something new for ya! I just released my first instrumental solo guitar album! I wrote, arranged, recorded, and mixed everything, as well as played (and programmed) all of the instruments. My buddy (and Bloodhound bandmate, Tyler) mastered it for me. Would mean a lot if you guys would check this out as well. It's definitely not as long as the last Bloodhound album!

https://codymckenna.bandcamp.com/album/the-circle-of-wonders-i-welcome-to-the-circle

Hey I took a listen to this, and I enjoyed it. You're quite talented. I really like the expressiveness you have over your lead playing; you make the guitar sing. The way you've layered the parts is also interesting and keeps the listener engaged. You've definitely put some thought into them. There's also a great mesh of rock genres in play here, without straying too far into any one.

I would say I liked the second half of the album better and my favorite tracks would be Fragile, McFly and The Circle.

Would be interested in hearing a follow up album for sure.

Were the drums programmed? I thought so from the sound of it, but I could be wrong.

• Link to my solo album
« Reply #1720 on: October 26, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »

Hey I took a listen to this, and I enjoyed it. You're quite talented. I really like the expressiveness you have over your lead playing; you make the guitar sing. The way you've layered the parts is also interesting and keeps the listener engaged. You've definitely put some thought into them. There's also a great mesh of rock genres in play here, without straying too far into any one.

I would say I liked the second half of the album better and my favorite tracks would be Fragile, McFly and The Circle.

Would be interested in hearing a follow up album for sure.

Were the drums programmed? I thought so from the sound of it, but I could be wrong.
Hey thanks for listening! You're actually the first person ever to give me feedback on this (other than a couple of friends), so I'm super relieved it's positive. haha. Thanks so much for the kindness. And yes, the drums are programmed. It's funny, because a lot of my friends were fooled. Not you though! Good ear.  ;)

Anyways, thanks again for listening. It means a lot.

• Link to my solo album
« Reply #1721 on: November 13, 2017, 12:32:26 AM »
We uploaded a new song. It's meant to be a stand alone single. It's definitely our most radio-friendly song. It relates to the concept much like the entirety of our last album did - that is, it's supposed to be a song written BY the main character instead of the normalcy of it being a song ABOUT the main character.

https://bloodhoundbandcamp.bandcamp.com/album/odyssey-single