Author Topic: Going clean & sober  (Read 11252 times)

Offline adastra

Re: Going clean & sober
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2014, 03:59:22 AM »
Propably not the same subject,

but I had been using snuff/snus   for something like 8 yrs..  I decided to stop using it :)   

I managed to be without it for 2 months but after that started to think that,  Why did I even stopped using it ?
It's propably not healthy, but doesn't really matter... Some people say that red meat isn't healthy, but i still eat it.

I thought about it for a week and decided that if there is something like snus that I enjoy and what makes my "miserable piece of shit life" a little more tolerable, I should use it :)

So, here I go again , Use snuff all day long.  :-\

Never been much of a boozer though.. :)     I love my Calvados and Cognac on special occasions..  And beer of course.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2014, 07:25:12 AM »
congrats on all of you staying clean and sober..i'll have 5 years myself this May...caan't say its been easy, but it is worthwhile

Five years man, that's just awesome. Seems like yesterday I was at twelve days and messaging you for help. Such an amazing ride man!!!

These posts demonstrate why the internet can be such an amazing and positive place.  :tup
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:42:45 PM by Chino »

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
Glad I was able to add some insight when you reached out , thats all someone looking for to live a sober lifestyle needs sometimes. Just paying back some of the knowledge I received when I made the decision that enough was enough
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »
 :tup

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
On this day in 2009 was the last time alcohol touched my lips and rendered me senseless. Drank all day at a golf tournament.....drove home like an idiot....drank all night until I passed out cold.

this was on the heels of several years of 'knowing' I had a problem but ignoring it....trying to convince myself I was 'fine'. I woke up that morning, sat up in bed and looked at my wife....began to cry and told her that I was an alcoholic and that I was done drinking.

Haven't touched alcohol since. For those of you struggling with alcohol or drug addiction and think that there 's no way you can stop or there's no way out....I'm here to tell you that you CAN overcome it and although it is a tough battle it's a battle well worth undertaking.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 09:31:08 AM »
Booyah brother, keep on keeping on one day at a time!!!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »
I'll chime in here to echo. I actually thought this was a new thread till I saw the OP's date.  :lol I think around that time I would've laughed at the thread and/or ignored it completely.

Just got my 9 month chip a couple weeks ago.  :smiley:

It's definitely possible to overcome the burden of addiction and climb the mountain. You may stumble (er...as I did), but as they say...keep working it. The only failure is to stop trying.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Nice work, fellas!!  :tup :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »
Nice work, fellas!!  :tup :tup

Agreed.   :metal :yarr :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 06:28:55 PM »
Going clean & sober

AKA : Doing a "Kotowboy" :neverusethis:

Offline Cable

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »
Excellent to hear, Congrats gmiller and Tio!

What I reinforce doing this for a career- daily, hourly, minute struggle at times. It takes the hard work, but can be done. Slips may happen, but one can get back up and keep going.
---

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »
I'll chime in here to echo. I actually thought this was a new thread till I saw the OP's date.  :lol I think around that time I would've laughed at the thread and/or ignored it completely.

Just got my 9 month chip a couple weeks ago.  :smiley:

It's definitely possible to overcome the burden of addiction and climb the mountain. You may stumble (er...as I did), but as they say...keep working it. The only failure is to stop trying.

Kick ass man, keep rocking it bro.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2016, 06:28:06 AM »
Congrats to everyones milestones. I just personally hit 2 years of not smoking.  :metal

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »

I just passed 3 years without a sip of alcohol back in April.  :yarr

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
On this day in 2009 was the last time alcohol touched my lips and rendered me senseless. Drank all day at a golf tournament.....drove home like an idiot....drank all night until I passed out cold.

this was on the heels of several years of 'knowing' I had a problem but ignoring it....trying to convince myself I was 'fine'. I woke up that morning, sat up in bed and looked at my wife....began to cry and told her that I was an alcoholic and that I was done drinking.

Haven't touched alcohol since. For those of you struggling with alcohol or drug addiction and think that there 's no way you can stop or there's no way out....I'm here to tell you that you CAN overcome it and although it is a tough battle it's a battle well worth undertaking.

8 Years Sober today. That's so strange to think about considering 'where' I was 10 years ago.  Good thing is I've rarely had a hankering to say screw it and fall off the wagon, and when those instances have arose I've been lucky enough thus far to identify the danger in that type of thinking and put myself in check. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:28 AM »

8 Years Sober today. That's so strange to think about considering 'where' I was 10 years ago.  Good thing is I've rarely had a hankering to say screw it and fall off the wagon, and when those instances have arose I've been lucky enough thus far to identify the danger in that type of thinking and put myself in check.

Congrats!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »

Congrats!

Congrats, you're doing a great job!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
Nice work Gary!!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2017, 10:43:10 AM »
:tup

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
Appreciate it fellas  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »
Good on ya fellas.  Whatever illness or sickness is ailing us all (mental for me), it's certainly worth the battle to fight it, and gratifying to conquer it.  Though, we all know that it is never a guaranteed or permanent conquest ... the dragon is always lurking.

*clinks*

Wait, scratch that.   :lol

:thursday:

Wait... scratch that too.

Goddamnit! 

Yeah, that's what I meant.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

*clinks*

He's in this thread too now?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
I'll be coming up on two years on September 12. Came and went like a flash. Seems I Just posted about 9 months yesterday.

I also realized a few months ago that the first time I was arrested...it was on April Fool's. The second time was on September 11th.

Shit like that almost makes me want to believe in fate.

Either way, just wanted to say congrats to those who keep this shit going and staying sane, safe and healthy. For me, my life is infinitely better.

RIP DTP.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
Sweet man. Yeah, once I got past that first year, the years do seem to fly by. Just passed my six year mark.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
 :heart :metal

RIP DTP.