Author Topic: P/R side chat thread, v. I am not a number I am a free man  (Read 73981 times)

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: P/R side chat thread, v. I am not a number I am a free man
« Reply #1400 on: March 02, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »
Not sure where to put this, or even if it was national news.

http://www.king5.com/news/former-spokane-naacp-president-legally-changes-name/418557422

A law professor brought up a point... if gender is now fluid and not binary, and to some like this nitwit, race is fluid, and can be determined not by what you are but by how you identify yourself, can you cite your age not based on your birth date but by what age you identify as? Can you be 19, say you identify as a 21 year old, and buy booze?

No.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1401 on: March 03, 2017, 08:05:02 AM »
Wait. Since when is race fluid? I mean, I know there are people out there that "identify as" certain races, but it's not even close to being as an accepted thing like moving away from a strict gender binary.

Also that reminds of those fake posters saying that pedophilia is acceptable to rally people against gender identity politics.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1402 on: March 07, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »
Just like to say that I've really dug the shit out of being politics free for a week. I'm glad the food thread is in here because I don't even want to open the Trump thread. I know there's some shit about wiretapping going on, and the GOP released their ACA replacement that as I predicted isn't a replacement of jack shit, but for now I just don't care, which is pretty sweet.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #1403 on: March 07, 2017, 05:27:10 PM »
I've actually tuned out for the most part too, Bart. But I jumped in the P/R Food thread, and there's a discussion on onions!  :facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1404 on: March 20, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Not sure where to put this, or even if it was national news.

http://www.king5.com/news/former-spokane-naacp-president-legally-changes-name/418557422

A law professor brought up a point... if gender is now fluid and not binary, and to some like this nitwit, race is fluid, and can be determined not by what you are but by how you identify yourself, can you cite your age not based on your birth date but by what age you identify as? Can you be 19, say you identify as a 21 year old, and buy booze?

No.

Yeah, age should get no wiggle room. "Your honor, I know she's only 12, but she identifies as a 19.5 year old".

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1405 on: April 07, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
https://www.infowars.com/trump-strikes-syrian-base-alex-jones-analysis/

Really surprised to see so many warriors turning on Alex.  :corn

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1406 on: May 04, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
For all the shit he got for taking a $400K payout for a speech last week, it makes me happy to see this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/barack-obama-personal-donation-2-million-chicago-summer-jobs-programs-michelle-former-us-president-a7717111.html

Barack and Michelle Obama have announced they are going to donate $2 million to the summer jobs programmes in Chicago.

The former President disclosed the hefty personal donation during a speech at South Shore Cultural Centre, saying the former first couple are keen to provide a wealth of opportunities to children in his hometown.

“One of the things that we’ll be starting this year is Michelle and I are personally going to donate $2 million to our summer jobs programs here in the community,” he said.

“[It's] so that right away young people can get to work and we can start providing opportunities to all of them.”

Mr Obama also unveiled plans for a 200,000-square-foot campus on Chicago’s South Side –where he launched his political career.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1407 on: May 31, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
It's not like she was starting from the positive side of the scale, but if I had any respect at all for Kathy Griffith she would have lost a big chunk for apologizing. If you're going to do something brazen don't chicken out when the shit hits the fan. I don't see any practical ramifications of what she did, so I see no reason to care. And the flipside of it is that the people all bent out of shape about it are many of the same who bitch and moan about snowflakes being too sensitive. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1408 on: May 31, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
It's not like she was starting from the positive side of the scale, but if I had any respect at all for Kathy Griffith she would have lost a big chunk for apologizing. If you're going to do something brazen don't chicken out when the shit hits the fan. I don't see any practical ramifications of what she did, so I see no reason to care. And the flipside of it is that the people all bent out of shape about it are many of the same who bitch and moan about snowflakes being too sensitive.

Do you think she had an apology ready?  :lol  Got to think if you are going to create that picture, you'd have to be ready for the shit storm that's going to come onto you including giving an apology.  Just another example of the stupid shit people do for attention IMO.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1409 on: May 31, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »

Do you think she had an apology ready?  :lol  Got to think if you are going to create that picture, you'd have to be ready for the shit storm that's going to come onto you including giving an apology.  Just another example of the stupid shit people do for attention IMO.
If she did it underlines my point. If you have to prepare an apology in advance then you shouldn't even do it. Partly because you already know it's wrong and partly because you're a pussy. My apology: The president is supposed to be over 35. He should be able to take it. Fucking snowflake.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1410 on: June 01, 2017, 07:22:05 AM »
Gwar did a facebook live video pretty much saying she stole that idea from them and then proceeded to pull out some president heads that they've severed in live shows before  :lol 

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1411 on: July 17, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »
So what is it with FOX and the nonstop flood of stories about female teachers banging students? Seems like a day doesn't go by without one anymore. And in some cases they're not even newsworthy. Half the time the kid is of age. I know they've always been popular tabloid stories, especially since oftentimes the teachers are good looking, but it was never a daily thing. Just seems odd, unless the goal is to constantly remind us about America's morally bankrupt ways. At the moment, as well as the obligatory pretty teacher/student article, there's also one about a former dean of USC who liked to ((shudder)) party with prostitutes.

Just strikes me as odd. I've always been fascinated by what FOX chooses to report and it's remarkably predictable. This has been an odd wrinkle, and seems to me a change in strategy.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »
Am I the only one that like clockwork checks those stories (not just on Fox; my local news does the same thing) just to see if the teacher is hot or not?   

I know I had nothing but old coots when I was in school.  ;(

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1413 on: July 18, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
So what is it with FOX and the nonstop flood of stories about female teachers banging students? Seems like a day doesn't go by without one anymore. And in some cases they're not even newsworthy. Half the time the kid is of age. I know they've always been popular tabloid stories, especially since oftentimes the teachers are good looking, but it was never a daily thing. Just seems odd, unless the goal is to constantly remind us about America's morally bankrupt ways. At the moment, as well as the obligatory pretty teacher/student article, there's also one about a former dean of USC who liked to ((shudder)) party with prostitutes.

Just strikes me as odd. I've always been fascinated by what FOX chooses to report and it's remarkably predictable. This has been an odd wrinkle, and seems to me a change in strategy.

Maybe I'm getting a little tinfoil hatty here, but I think it's in part an effort to try and convince their followers that  gender inequality isn't a thing, even if it means bringing up something dark and negative to get the point across. "You see America, men and women are equals. Women have sex with underage children too". If Infowars is any indicator (not saying all fox viewers believe Alex Jones, but there is certainly overlap), there are a ton of men in this country that feel victimized and as if the media is constantly trying to let the world know why white, christian males are bad people. By running these stories, Fox breaks that perceived narrative.

What pisses me off with these stories is that when a male does it, it's labelled as sex or rape of the younger girl. When a female does it, it's referred to as an "affair", "inappropriate contact", or at the absolute worst, they'll soften the blow by referencing "oral sex"..

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1414 on: July 18, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »
Am I the only one that like clockwork checks those stories (not just on Fox; my local news does the same thing) just to see if the teacher is hot or not?   

No, you're not. We all do, and in the most recent example she was a babe. Maybe the best of the naughty teachers we've seen.

Another fascinating trend is that when the teacher is smoking hot, as above, all of the comments are jokes about how fortunate the kid was. When she's not, as in today's example, all of the comments are about filthy libtards corrupting our schools.

Here's today's teacher fucks student story.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1415 on: July 18, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
These stories just make me wish I was the high school boy.

I havent watched fox news in awhile to relate to seeing these stories there, but I find they always come up on social media lately from local news outlets.  These things happen very often it seems.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1416 on: July 18, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »

Maybe I'm getting a little tinfoil hatty here, but I think it's in part an effort to try and convince their followers that  gender inequality isn't a thing, even if it means bringing up something dark and negative to get the point across. "You see America, men and women are equals. Women have sex with underage children too". If Infowars is any indicator (not saying all fox viewers believe Alex Jones, but there is certainly overlap), there are a ton of men in this country that feel victimized and as if the media is constantly trying to let the world know why white, christian males are bad people. By running these stories, Fox breaks that perceived narrative.

What pisses me off with these stories is that when a male does it, it's labelled as sex or rape of the younger girl. When a female does it, it's referred to as an "affair", "inappropriate contact", or at the absolute worst, they'll soften the blow by referencing "oral sex"..
As I've said, FOX is just as agenda driven as the rest. They just take a different approach to it. MSNBC will try to create a narrative . FOX simply promotes one. This allows them to maintain reasonable standards of objective journalism while still duping the masses. I see a constant stream of FOX headlines throughout the day on my desktop, and it's amazing how biased the reporting is, despite being factually accurate and usually non-judgemental. Insofar as the recent student-banging stories, the narrative is moral decay and, as the commenters like to say, filthy libtards using schools to corrupt our youth.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: July 18, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »
I love the headline.  "For purposes of sexual penetration".   The mind boggles as to what the alternatives might be...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1418 on: July 18, 2017, 12:16:42 PM »
"In Pursuit of Educational Coitous"

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1419 on: July 18, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
I love the headline.  "For purposes of sexual penetration".   The mind boggles as to what the alternatives might be...
Yeah, gratification is what you'd normally expect to see there. But then you've read a penal code or two, I'm sure, and at least Texas's was a laugh riot in that regard. You lawyers can make even the most sordid sexual adventures sound boring and mechanical.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1420 on: July 18, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »
Rupert Murdoch has long been on a mission in his British papers (The Sun, The Times and the now-defunct News of the World) to convince readers that women are just as filthy and predatory as men, because he's been a figure of ridicule for decades now in the left wing press for his relationships with women young enough to be his grandchildren. He's painted as a seedy J Howard Marshall figure (aging billionaire who married Anna Nicole Smith and then died with obliging haste), and he hates it. His papers in England go out of their way to celebrate any story of old men becoming fathers or marrying younger women (his celebrity buddies Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney get plenty of glowing press from him whenever their women produce another kid), and to highlight every instance of old women 'preying' on young men or boys.

Murdoch still has an iron grip over FOX's editorial policy and content (apparently he is in weekly personal contact with Trump by phone - I read an article today about how Murdoch personally has been overseeing the editorials of his American papers such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post, because he knows Trump reads them and he wants to influence him via a medium he cares about). It would't surprise me if Murdoch is doing now in America what he's been doing in Britain and Australia for decades - getting his own back on all those women who wrote articles depicting him as a dirty old man.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:10:39 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1421 on: July 18, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
These stories just make me wish I was the high school boy.

I havent watched fox news in awhile to relate to seeing these stories there, but I find they always come up on social media lately from local news outlets.  These things happen very often it seems.
I haven't watched FOX in years. I have their headlines show up on my desktop, along with plenty of other news outlets. I read 20 headlines a day from FOX, so I know how they work, and the daily "teachers are pedophiles" stories are a new trend.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1422 on: July 18, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
Rupert Murdoch has long been on a mission in his British papers (The Sun, The Times and the now-defunct News of the World) to convince readers that woman are just as filthy and predatory as men, because he's been a figure of ridicule for decades now in the left wing press for his relationships with women young enough to be his grandchildren. He's painted as a seedy J Howard Marshall figure (aging billionaire who married Anna Nicole Smith and then died with obliging haste), and he hates it. His papers in England go out of their way to celebrate any story of old men becoming fathers or marrying younger women (his celebrity buddies Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney get plenty of glowing press from him whenever their women produce another kid), and to highlight every instance of old women 'preying' on young men or boys.

Murdoch still has an iron grip over FOX's editorial policy and content, and apparently he is in weekly personal contact with Trump by phone (I read an article today about how Murdoch personally has been overseeing the editorials of his American papers such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post, because he knows Trump reads them and he wants to influence him via a medium he cares about). It would't surprise me if Murdoch is doing now in America what he's been doing in Britain and Australia for decades - getting his own back on all those women who wrote articles depicting him as a dirty old man.
That's an interesting take, and seems to back up Chino's. Makes sense, but I think my angle also plays into it. As I pointed out over at MP's, there really are a lot of Americans that would rather live in 1947, and I think these stories appeal to that desire for a return to old-school family values. Hearkening back to a time where women knew their place. Nobody's masculinity was threatened as the only women with the experience to judge were whores. Good women were content with a loving tap on the ass in exchange for having the cold martini ready as Johnny returns from a hard day of providing for the family. Teaching is a job for spinsters, widows, and retirees. Students only know awkwardly fumbling around in the back of a car, or in the case of daughters, valiantly defending their honor from the advances of their otherwise good American boyfriends.

I believe you when you say that Murdoch wants nothing of the sort, but he does want to shame women, and if in the process he can keep his conservative viewers passionate, well, there you have it.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1423 on: July 18, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »

No, you're not. We all do, and in the most recent example she was a babe. Maybe the best of the naughty teachers we've seen.

Another fascinating trend is that when the teacher is smoking hot, as above, all of the comments are jokes about how fortunate the kid was. When she's not, as in today's example, all of the comments are about filthy libtards corrupting our schools.

WTF is going on with that picture and her left breast? I used to do photoshop work fixing photo errors, and I've never seen anything quite like that. The lighting had to have been hitting her just right...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1424 on: July 19, 2017, 04:18:48 AM »

As I've said, FOX is just as agenda driven as the rest. They just take a different approach to it. MSNBC will try to create a narrative . FOX simply promotes one. This allows them to maintain reasonable standards of objective journalism while still duping the masses. I see a constant stream of FOX headlines throughout the day on my desktop, and it's amazing how biased the reporting is, despite being factually accurate and usually non-judgemental. Insofar as the recent student-banging stories, the narrative is moral decay and, as the commenters like to say, filthy libtards using schools to corrupt our youth.

You mean like this?

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1426 on: July 19, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »
Another one just added to their front page -

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/19/ex-teacher-on-trial-for-alleged-sex-acts-with-8th-grade-student.html

You know a 30 year old teacher banging a 13 year old is one thing.

BUT SHE WAS MARRIED??!?!??!?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1427 on: July 19, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »

WTF is going on with that picture and her left breast? I used to do photoshop work fixing photo errors, and I've never seen anything quite like that. The lighting had to have been hitting her just right...

The shirt is pretty translucent, she's wearing a white bra, and someone used a camera with the flash relatively close to her.

Online Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
« Reply #1428 on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
I see the OJ hearing is on now. Someone should pull a Cable Guy right now.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1429 on: July 20, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »
I saw about 20 seconds of it on TV, and that was more than enough to see that he's not getting out anytime soon. He was defiant and defended the actions that landed him there. This isn't Shawshank.
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
« Reply #1430 on: July 20, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
I saw about 20 seconds of it on TV, and that was more than enough to see that he's not getting out anytime soon. He was defiant and defended the actions that landed him there. This isn't Shawshank.

Well he just got paroled.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1431 on: July 20, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
That's remarkable. However, I get the impression based on what I saw that he won't stay out long. Dude acted like he was right to do what he did, and given his propensity for flying off the handle, it'll happen again.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1433 on: July 21, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »
Didn't see a better thread to post these in, but I thought this was a pretty good two part series from 538 on articles with anonymous sourcing.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-trust-a-story-that-uses-unnamed-sources/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-anonymous-sources-are-worth-paying-attention-to/
Photobucket sucks.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1434 on: July 27, 2017, 03:58:35 PM »
FOX's fixation on naughty teachers continues unabated, but now they're focusing on England, for some reason. America's Summer break, perhaps? Seriously, what the fuck?

Teacher, 28, banned from classroom after allegedly having sex with student on plane
British teacher accused of urging student to masturbate for stress relief keeps job
Oklahoma teacher who cartwheeled without underwear given probation
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:28:16 PM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson