Author Topic: The DragonForce Thread - Reaching Into Infinity out now!  (Read 16159 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DragonForce Thread v. Will anyone have anything positive to say?
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
I will definitely check out the next album, the last one was possibly their best and most mature album yet.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »
I agree with that. As much as I liked ZP, I think the band is better off with Marc.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
woah, just on a whim I listened to some newer dragonforce stuff and actually quite liked it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVxeLyPUnIo

I know we're not supposed to admit that kind of thing, but this is a massive step up from them!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 10:06:22 AM »
The Power Within is an awesome album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
A lot of DF's sound maturing was adding Frederic Leclerq to the band. He's a fantastic musician, and his work on the first three Heavenly albums is incredible. You can hear his influence start on The Ultra Beatdown.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »
I was bored so I made Heart Of The Storm 40% faster and now my life is complete.

https://clyp.it/0iowofrh

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 02:29:10 AM »
I love you.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 02:30:05 AM »
The Power Within is an awesome album.

Yeah, it really is.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 02:30:29 AM »
I was bored so I made Heart Of The Storm 40% faster and now my life is complete.

https://clyp.it/0iowofrh

Only 40%?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 03:04:18 AM »
Actually only 33.896%. This is 40% though:

https://clyp.it/yx2mruiz

and while were at it, here's 50% increase and double tempo:

https://clyp.it/pzz3hzbq

https://clyp.it/kxkr5mad

:lol

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:11:57 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »
Maximum Overload may be their best album yet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
Maximum Overload may be their best album yet.

I'm definitely gonna pick it up.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »
I like it a great deal, but right now the closest thing to a complaint I have is I wish they'd get a producer that would sit Herman and Sam down and gently tell them to stop wanking on their guitars, stop trying to sound like video game noises or whatever, and just play traditional solos. The weird sounds just stick out like a sore thumb now.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
Damn, this album is awesome.

Even the Johnny Cash cover is incredible.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »
I like it a great deal, but right now the closest thing to a complaint I have is I wish they'd get a producer that would sit Herman and Sam down and gently tell them to stop wanking on their guitars, stop trying to sound like video game noises or whatever, and just play traditional solos. The weird sounds just stick out like a sore thumb now.

I think that's just the bands sound now, I doubt they will ever really get away from it.  I haven't heard the album, but it seemed to blend in pretty well on The Power Within.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:12 AM »

I think that's just the bands sound now, I doubt they will ever really get away from it.  I haven't heard the album, but it seemed to blend in pretty well on The Power Within.

I agree with Jaq, but unfortunately, at this point you can only hop that it I minimized. Just listening to Defenders, and it only pops up a couple of times. Lots of shredding!!
I'm probably a month away from picking this up, but it's definitely on the list.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:30 AM »

Yeah, they shouldn't try to have their own flair and style. All music should be the same.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
There's their own flair and style, and there's "this sounds kinda stupid and it jars you out of the song." The latter is what happens when the video game sounds come out on this album. Thankfully it's minimal, but honestly they've proven they can write songs that are still Dragonforce and don't sound like someone throwing a Nintendo into a blender. It's not really needed anymore.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »
I like the video game sounds, personally.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
Listening to the new one now and enjoying it. Its not all ridiculously fast. And jeez that singer can hit some notes. When they slow it down (Three Hammers) they are really good.

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »
There's their own flair and style, and there's "this sounds kinda stupid and it jars you out of the song." The latter is what happens when the video game sounds come out on this album. Thankfully it's minimal, but honestly they've proven they can write songs that are still Dragonforce and don't sound like someone throwing a Nintendo into a blender. It's not really needed anymore.

Isnt there only like, one song on the album with videogame sounds?  Pretty sure its just Extraction Zone, which is actually about playing a videogame if im not mistaken (judging on the lyrics), so it's actually fitting theme wise.

The rest of the album is just a lot of catchy choruses, good riffs and fast shred. I dont even like Dragonforce, but this album is awesome.

"The Sun Is Dead" is the best song. The Def Leppard-esque 'whoa-oh's in the chorus  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
Ok Ring Of Fire was alot of fun to hear!  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 05:15:18 AM »
Wait what!? Dave Mackintosh have left DF? Damn he was the glue that held the band together from total havoc on stage.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »
Made the mistake of listening to The Warrior Inside again. Now I'm gonna have that circus music in my head all day.....

:metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 06:49:06 AM »
Maximum Overload is slowly gaining strenght with The Game and The Sun Is Dead being the peaks and I absolutly love their cover of Ring Of Fire. Just a big happy pill.

Side note though the chorus in Heart Of A Storm have been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now, that song is just 100% energy and power, have to listen some more on that album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »
This new album is pretty damn good.  I wish Matt Heafy was actually used more.  His vocals on the Game worked really well.  Don't hear him as much on the other couple of tracks he features on.

The amount of bonus tracks is crazy, and a couple of them are as strong if not stronger than a lot of the album tracks.  You're Not Alone is fantastic.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »
Reaching Into Infinity comes out May 19.

Tracklist:
01 Reaching Into Infinity
02 Ashes of the Dawn
03 Judgement Day
04 Astral Empire
05 Curse of Darkness
06 Silence
07 Midnight Madness
08 WAR!
09 Land of Shattered Dreams
10 The Edge of the World
11 Our Final Stand

:metal
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 01:28:49 AM »
First single is out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfwA9YqQjEg

Definitely shaping up to be their best album. Let's just hope the rest of the album is this good.  :metal
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline FOXAN03

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 03:52:23 AM »
just listened to it, its fucking awesome!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2017, 05:07:19 AM »
This song didn't click with me. It certainly didn't convince me about the overall quality of the album. For some reason I don't like the "on the beat blast beats" that he does in the intro, i'm not sure what they're called. It just sounds messy in my ears.
Anyway hopefully there's better songs on the album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 05:54:07 AM »
Decent song, but nothing new.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Sounds like DragonForce. Fun.  :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »
That is one cluttered album cover.

Also the font looks like it says Dragon to pee

:rollin

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
 :mehlin So I have a CD in my car of, in my opinion the "essential" Dragonforce tracks, which are
The Warrior Inside
Revolution Deathsquad
Soldiers of The Wasteland
Revelations
E.P.M (that fucking keyboard solo) , and
Heartbreak Armageddon

And nothing else because honestly those are the standouts (imo) in a discography of pretty much samey material. Pre-Marc material, that is, because admittedly they did definitely start evolving their songwriting and varied it up a bit starting with The Power Within.

That being said, I listened to my CD the other day when I heard that a new DForce album was coming out, and after hearing this new song, I do get kinda nostalgic for their old sound. I kinda miss when every song was 8 or 9 minutes long, and the verses felt really long and stretched even if they werent and the solos were literally like 4 minutes long in every song, but came in after a point 4-5 minutes in where the song could have already been over, just to push things to 11.

In Soldiers of the Wasteland for example, that song has a ton of energy and the vocals are actually really insane. He spits out a million words per second and never stops to take a breath and it comes across as really epic. There's no pause at all between verse and pre-chorus and chorus and the band just as relentlessly thrashes away in the backround. Listen to this: https://youtu.be/yg8VFMZ6_g8?t=2m58s  , for example. That's a very impressive 65 seconds from a vocal standpoint, and it built momentum that never drops.

The newest song doesn't really have any of that charm to it at all. Everything in that song is just kinda there and doesnt pump you up at all, which is kinda the point of power metal, right?
The intro is definitely cool though, and I do like all of the keyboard presence there. The synths were my favorite part of Ultra Beatdown so if they bring those back, that'll be cool.

I really like the heavy riff they play during the keyboard solo, that's fresh for them, and felt inspired. Bit of a Symphony X vibe, yeah? I still wish they would write at least ONE song in a slow or mid-tempo with just really heavy riffs like that the whole time, and let Marc do a Dio impression vocally.  Then again, Symphony X already exists so maybe thats a stupid request.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2017, 08:08:48 PM »
  Pre-Marc material, that is, because admittedly they did definitely start evolving their songwriting and varied it up a bit starting with The Power Within.

Coincided with Frederic LeClerq joining the band. You can see his influence. His talents are being wasted as a bass player. He is such an amazing guitarist and musician.