Author Topic: 2012-07-03 - Grove of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA  (Read 5743 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
2012-07-03 - Grove of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »
Well... why isn't there a thread for this?

I will be there with a group of 6... we are getting a hotel room (hopefully)... it's my buddy's 21st!

Who else is a goin'?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:25:59 AM by cyberdrummer »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
Re: 2012-4-3 City Nation Grove - Anaheim, Ca
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
You may want to edit the title  ;)

My girlfriend and I will be attending. We'll be at the GA standing area  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »
Edit it? what am I missing?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:09:58 PM »
Fixed

Were you at the Anaheim show last leg?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• Engrish.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »
Fixed

Were you at the Anaheim show last leg?

The date and the name of the place but it's all good.

I was, and at the same GA area, too. That was probably my favorite DT concert.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2012-7-3 City Nation Grove - Anaheim, Ca
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »
Last time I dash was at a table in the back... this time I'm in a standing room (ga? ) area

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• Engrish.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:22 PM »
Oh cool, maybe we'll see each other!

We'll try getting there as early as we can to have an unobstructed view of the band.

Last time, there was a large brute that partially blocked my view. Hopefully that guy isn't there again... :tdwn

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

I think I saw you two last show in Anaheim.  Hope it is not so overcrowded in GA this show-- it was miserably oversold last leg.  Either way, I will be at first table behind GA section -- which having done it before is perfect vantage point - eye level with the stage and pretty damn close.    Taking my GF to her first DT show.  So yeah-- dinner for two!!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
I'm glad I'm not at a table this time... Last time the service was horrible...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• Engrish.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »

I think I saw you two last show in Anaheim.  Hope it is not so overcrowded in GA this show-- it was miserably oversold last leg.  Either way, I will be at first table behind GA section -- which having done it before is perfect vantage point - eye level with the stage and pretty damn close.    Taking my GF to her first DT show.  So yeah-- dinner for two!!

Really? How did we look like to you?  :lol

Oh that's great. I'm sure she'll enjoy Dinner Theater.   :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2012-07-03 - Grove of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »
Dinner Theater. 

omg I had forgotten about that :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
I'm going with my buddy Mike! He's never seen them before but DT is one of his favorite bands. This will the the third time I've seen them on this tour. I was at the LA show last September, and the Anaheim show last December. I'm super stoked.
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 09:03:59 PM »
I'm going with my buddy Mike! He's never seen them before but DT is one of his favorite bands. This will the the third time I've seen them on this tour. I was at the LA show last September, and the Anaheim show last December. I'm super stoked.

SO STOKED!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:33 AM »
Anyone know of a good spot to possibly catch a glimpse of the band as they leave the venue?
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

• Engrish.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
I was the Gibson show yesterday. Pretty good.

However, and I feel somewhat bad saying this, I just hope they were to change the setlist SOMEWHAT. 2 different songs would do, IMO.

The Gibson and the Grove are like 40 minutes apart and it would kind of dampen things for me if they play the same setlist, which they probably will.

However, that doesn't take away from their performance yesterday and since I'll be in the front in the GA section, perhaps that'll change my mindset some.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
Greatest DT show I have ever been to!

6:00, TDEN, TROAE, and METROPOLIS were FANTASTIC

-insert more rants and raves here-

oh and I still dont like LNF

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• Engrish.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
Greatest DT show I have ever been to!

6:00, TDEN, TROAE, and METROPOLIS were FANTASTIC

-insert more rants and raves here-

oh and I still dont like LNF

You were at the GA section? I was!

My girlfriend caught one of Pat Mastelotto's drumsticks  :lol

Crimson ProjeKCt was pretty badass and funky as hell. DT, despite the same setlist, was spot on and put on a great show. It may have been my favorite DT show as well.

At the end, I got to "shake" hands with JP, JMX, and JLB  :hefdaddy

I actually thought "Lost Not Forgotten" was one of the major highlights of the show, myself.  :metal

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »
I'm not a big fan of LNF, but I liked it live at the LA show... ;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
I was near the back of the pit between Mangini and Petrucci...

Im so bummed... my girlfriend got to shake hands with Jordan

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
I got seats the day before the show in tier four. not the best seats, but totally worth the money and the drive!! Great show, especially Jordan Rudess's improv before Surrounded. And the Spirit Carries On, total cold chills!
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »
Where'd you drive from?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Southern Utah, about 7 hours from home to the venue.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
Dedication

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
Southern Utah, about 7 hours from home to the venue.
Wow! Nice job!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
Hey I was at this show and I just remembered something and I thought I should ask here.

After 6:00, when James said hi to the audience, he said something, then said "I don't know why I'm telling you guys this" or something to that effect, and everyone laughed. I didn't hear what he said though because of all the noise from people talking and laughing and stuff. Does anyone here remember?????

I was also at the show in Dec '11, and yes that was funny when he said whatever that was about a eating big steak. I can't remember though, did he actually say "Dinner Theater"??

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
Yes he did say Dinner Theater in 2011...

And I don't remember what he said in 2012...

IT'S NOW GOING TO DRIVE ME INSANE

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
thanks. Driving me insane too! I hate when people talk at concerts..