Author Topic: Headspace - The Official Thread v. All That You Fear is Gone (March 2016)  (Read 19480 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, I've had a reviewers copy for over a month, so I've been listening to the new Redemption.  I still stand by what I wrote in my review for Nick.  And unlike one review I saw, you can read mine and Nick's review in 5 minutes and get a sense of what is going on.  I'm not joking when I say I saw a review that probably takes longer to read than it does to listen to the entire album.
Was that Andrew's one for LOMM? It was bonkers. :lol

Hahaha yes. I tried to read it but I gave up somewhere on the third paragraph. :lol

I like this album quite a bit. Nothing mindblowing, but really good stuff. Will probably grab the physical copy if it appears in the record store.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline kaos2900

I think I still prefer the debut, while good this is not an album I'll come back to often.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
No comments since the official release?

I've only listened to it all the way through 4 or 5 times, which is good but I'm still waiting for a bit more. So far I'm not sure I'd put it quite on the same level as IAA, but it has some really great parts/songs. One thing that sticks out to me is the 72 minute length; I just don't think it needs to be that long. I don't think my attention span has gotten any shorter, but I still think 40-60 minutes is the ideal length for an album and that if it's going to be longer it needs to be without any filler. Really hard to achieve, and that's not to say that I think there is a lot of filler on this album, but I do feel like a couple parts could've been trimmed more.

I feel pretty much the same.  A whole bunch of good material here surrounded by about 20 minutes of stuff I could do without.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
I think it´s very good, just have to digest it a little longer to be able to give a more in depth opinion.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
I think I rate this just below I am Anonymous. But just. Fantastic musicianship. Hope they do a tour with this soon.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Enigmachine

I listened to ATYFIG a few days ago. Not as good as the first, but still great IMO.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Headspace - The Official Thread v. All That You Fear is Gone (March 2016)
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
A rare Headspace bootleg from last month.

https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=581324
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline goo-goo

Spinning both Headspace album. Hope they record a third one. The Wilson Wakeman duo has been very productive (acoustic and piano records) and hope they keep their heavy side alive.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I don't know how far along it is or what a reasonable timeframe for release is, but I know a third album is being worked on.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline goo-goo

I don't know how far along it is or what a reasonable timeframe for release is, but I know a third album is being worked on.

That's awesome news. Even though All That You Fear is Gone was not as good as I Am Anonymous, very excited about the 3rd album. Hopefully it will come out sooner than later.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face

That's awesome news. Even though All That You Fear is Gone was not as good as I Am Anonymous, very excited about the 3rd album. Hopefully it will come out sooner than later.

I Am Anonymous is a beast of an album. There was a thread at the old MP site that asked about albums over 60 minutes with no filler or something like that. I nominated that album. Solid from beginning to end.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2023, 08:54:01 AM »

I Am Anonymous is a beast of an album. There was a thread at the old MP site that asked about albums over 60 minutes with no filler or something like that. I nominated that album. Solid from beginning to end.

Bumping this thread because I revisited  I Am Anonymous and I still got blown away. Actually enjoyed it more than when it was released. Heck of an album!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2023, 08:25:20 AM »
I saw this thread was active and thought there were finally some updates on that 3rd album. I guess there won't be one?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2023, 09:25:17 AM »
I saw this thread was active and thought there were finally some updates on that 3rd album. I guess there won't be one?

So I actually can remember exactly where my comment from 2020 came from. After the Haken/Devin gig in Philly me and a bunch of the Haken guys went to a local place for food, and Charlie was texting with Pete Rinaldi (who filled in on bass for Haken) and was talking about working on the 3rd Headspace album. Of course that was right before the pandemic hit, and it wasn't the most active band to begin with. So it certainly could be easily delayed, and who knows, it may never happen, but I can say with certainty that a third album WAS being worked on at that point.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1