Author Topic: 2012-06-17 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY  (Read 16140 times)

Offline Shadow2222

2012-06-17 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY
« on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
Ok, now I have to obsessively check this thread tonight to find out if there is a Set B, and if there is, will Set A or B be played tonight  :lol
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: 2012-06-17 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
Count me in as a part of the obsessively checking group.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
Thirded.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
Well, it doesn't look like we have a forum member attending, so we might have to wait for setlist.fm  :(
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Rkeister

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
i obsessively check setlist.fm after every concert during the tours just to know which set list ill get.

Offline JoeG

• Engineering student by day, DTF word-spewer by night
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
Found this on twitter

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
No rotation on this leg? Doesn't really bug me
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »
or theyre just giving this an A set and counting the festival gig in the rotations, just without the B set..

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
or theyre just giving this an A set and counting the festival gig in the rotations, just without the B set..

So wait...was "Wait For Sleep" played the other night or not?? It's not on this set list.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Jamariquay

• When in Rome...
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »

So wait...was "Wait For Sleep" played the other night or not?? It's not on this set list.

-Marc.

Yeah, I don't think it was. Someone at the Rochester show said that they played Wait For Sleep by accident (they hadn't). Shame really, I recall that they played Wait For Sleep and Surrounded back to back years ago (Images and Words tour I think), and it'd be a cool thing to bring back. Oh well.

Offline nlb

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »
The setlist was the same as in the Rochester show.  Great show last night.  Alsthough the theater was only about a third full. I dont understand it being a Sunday show.  It seems this show was under everyones radar. 

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Interesting to see no set rotation. I was hoping to get Outcry (rotated with BAI) for the Cleveland show, but it doesn't seem likely.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »
- Marco

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
^ That is an awesome video. Love JP's expressions at the beginning of the video.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
Yeah! I laughed quite hard when he stuck out his tongue  :rollin Loved all those eye contacts with the camera, also, that's a veeery rare happening when it comes to bootlegs!
- Marco

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
Great video, too bad MM's hihat has almost the same sound both opened and closed :sadpanda:

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »
Very strange that there's been no rotation yet. I admit I would be kind of bummed to see the same set twice. I want at least a little bit of variety.  :(
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
Interesting to see no set rotation. I was hoping to get Outcry (rotated with BAI) for the Cleveland show, but it doesn't seem likely.

Same for the Chicago show.  I also didn't get to hear beneath the surface and was hoping they'd put that in

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »
Yeah, it does seem odd, but wasteland pointed out in another thread that they didn't rotate on the Asian tour either.  :(

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
This is a nice place

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »
JLB sounds excellent on 6:00. I like the things he adds to it nowadays
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
Yeah, it does seem odd, but wasteland pointed out in another thread that they didn't rotate on the Asian tour either.  :(
It's understandable for the Asian/European tour to not rotate sets. But when you're playing a bunch of shows right around the same general area, it's more incentive for people to go more than once if they switch it up a little bit.

I mean, hell. They rotated setlists on the last tour, and it was fine.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »
(from the same user)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQkMjXBUVA&feature=channel&list=UL   Metropolis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwsjpFfmAs&feature=channel&list=UL    War/Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUNKR4kcMHs&feature=channel&list=UL  Surrounded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsz8v774FQY&feature=channel&list=UL   A Fortune In Laaaaais Solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baSHUSC70kg&feature=channel&list=UL  Bridges In The Sky

I just have to say, JLB has improved since the European leg. And that's something I didn't think possible beforehand.
- Marco

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
Also, it's nice to see a band member wear something other than a black shirt.  :lol
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
JLB sounds excellent on 6:00. I like the things he adds to it nowadays

Same here.  They aren't a huge deviation but are relatively subtle that makes each performance a tad unique from the others. 

i also love that it doesn't seem like he is being restrained and walks about the stage freely and participates in a little banter...of course I don't want to get into another speculation about why that is  :lol

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »
Woah woah woah! Did JLB record some new backing vocals for WIMH (by that I mean, replacing MP's vocals).

Around 52 seconds in that video, the backing vocals sound totally different than on the studio version ("waging the war inside my head").

If that was JP, that was an awesome vocal moment for him, because the rasp at the end sounded just like James.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's JP. That was amazing. He does great on TDEN too.

Man, JP has some great backing vocals.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
Woah woah woah! Did JLB record some new backing vocals for WIMH (by that I mean, replacing MP's vocals).

Around 52 seconds in that video, the backing vocals sound totally different than on the studio version ("waging the war inside my head").

If that was JP, that was an awesome vocal moment for him, because the rasp at the end sounded just like James.

Yeah, I think so.  Right before the chorus, he goes over to the mic.  Plus, if you keep watching, he is actually in frame on parts of the second chorus and you can see him singing it.  (plus, it sounds like him)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
This might be a long shot, but I have a few theories why there hasn't been any rotation thus far:

1) The first three shows weren't really close to the next show. US -> Canada -> US, i believe. Which means they could just be playing the same set because it is easier for those couple shows and the shows are not close to each other.

2) The Crimson Projekct hasn't even joined them on the tour yet (until tomorrow), so the "tour" hasn't really begun. They may start rotating either tomorrow in Columbus (or play the same set tomorrow and start rotating on Thursday in Cleveland).

3) They could have been using the sound checks of these first three shows to rehearse the rotating songs a bit more while playing the current set songs now a lot in order to start rotation when The Crimson Projekct joins the tour.

In other words, I wouldn't be too worried about any rotation problems until at least after the Cleveland show on Thursday. If they haven't rotated by then, I would be upset about it since they did it last tour and since those two shows are EXTREMELY close to each other. I believe that is when we will see some setlist rotation show up.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
Maybe the drum solo will return too.

They didn't play in Minnesota last time around so I haven't seen it yet. I know others don't want a solo, but I kind of want to see it
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
Fellas who're concerned about the rotating set lists; are you concerned cause you're going to more than one show? or is that you don't like this set list? I can't think of another reason.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
Fellas who're concerned about the rotating set lists; are you concerned cause you're going to more than one show? or is that you don't like this set list? I can't think of another reason.

I just would be happier if they played some additional other encores on different dates. Learning To Live comes to mind. The setlist is very good, but I that at least the last should change randomly every night, to keep a minimum degree of surprise for the audience.  :)
- Marco

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »

I think people are mostly concerned about Robert Trujillo showing up and making a guest appearance.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."