Author Topic: Django Unchained trailer (Tarantino)  (Read 3741 times)

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Django Unchained trailer (Tarantino)
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC8VJ9aeB_g

Don't forget to put it on 1080p  :D. I am excite.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Django Unchained trailer (Tarantino)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
I've been waiting for that trailer! Awesome stuff!
Tarantino + Leonardo DiCaprio + Christoph Waltz + Western = Gold Jerry, Gold!
Similar equation I put when Inglourious Basterds was announced, replacing Pitt with DiCaprio and Western with German-Occupied Paris :D
Only downside is Jamie Fox, I strongly dislike the guy, would have preferred Don Cheadle, Cuba Gooding Jr. or Terrence Howard, all talented real actors with credibility imo, not rappers who like acting, this might as well have been Ice T in my book, actually I would have enjoyed that more heh
Still, I'm more excited about this movie than anything else scheduled to be released for the rest of 2012.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »
Wow... I don't think I've seen that much dislike for Foxx. I've genuinely enjoyed many of his performances (his naive, bright, though flawed view of the world as a taxi driver in Collateral is mainly what I'm thinking of, he nailed the transition from the aforementioned bright-eyed and bushy tailed man to a hardened, eyes-wide-open badass) and I think he'll do wonders with this one. That said, he is far from the reason why I'm so excited about this movie. I mainly want to see how DiCaprio will do, I'm a bit worried for his performance but I think in the end he too will nail it. All in all I'm pretty excited for this one and the trailer only hyped that excitement.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »
Will most likely see it when it comes out, but not as excited as I was when Inglorious Basterds came out.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
Will most likely see it when it comes out, but not as excited as I was when Inglorious Basterds came out.

Excited because its Tarantino but the trailer leaves me wanting more. Don't think it will top Basterds.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
Its like Wild Wild West, if it was done right.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
I'm ready for some long, expository dialogue.  Waltz did that so well with IB.  I trust that he'll do the same with this one--delivery with an attitude.

So I heard that the guy asking Django who he was in the trailer, actually was the O.G. Django: Franco Nero.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
Waltz was a wonderful Nazi, but that same voice sounds odd as a German-American of that era.  I wonder why they chose to go that route.  Almost seems like he just liked the Hans Landa character so much he wanted to work him into his next movie.  That concerns me.  Still, I have plenty of faith in the guy to make movies I enjoy a great deal.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
jesus, youtube comments  :facepalm:

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Christoph Waltz.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
Waltz was a wonderful Nazi, but that same voice sounds odd as a German-American of that era.  I wonder why they chose to go that route.  Almost seems like he just liked the Hans Landa character so much he wanted to work him into his next movie.  That concerns me.  Still, I have plenty of faith in the guy to make movies I enjoy a great deal.

I only saw the preview once but I didn't really notice a german accent.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »

I only saw the preview once but I didn't really notice a german accent.

Your Gerdar is off Adami.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »
Sounded to me like the exact same voice he sued for Landa, just with some y'alls thrown in.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
Sounded to me like the exact same voice he sued for Landa, just with some y'alls thrown in.

Wait, isn't saying y'all the definitive feature of a southern accent?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Christoph Waltz.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 04:35:19 AM »
As someone said: Mr tarantino you had my curiosity, now you have my attention!

Yeah this looks awesome!  :)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 06:00:03 AM »
Can't wait for this one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 06:10:17 AM »
Similar equation I put when Inglourious Basterds was announced, replacing Pitt with DiCaprio and Western with German-Occupied Paris :D
Only downside is Jamie Fox, I strongly dislike the guy, would have preferred Don Cheadle, Cuba Gooding Jr. or Terrence Howard, all talented real actors with credibility imo, not rappers who like acting, this might as well have been Ice T in my book, actually I would have enjoyed that more heh

Foxx won a freaking Oscar and is a very good actor in the right hands, so your fears are unfounded.  Also, Ice T has been acting on Law and Order SVU for like 10 years now.  Point is, they aren't rappers who do acting on the side, they're basically 50/50 at this point. 

So yeah I'm excited for this movie.  DiCaprio looks perfect in his role.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »
Oh boy this looks like it's gonna be good
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:58 AM »

Foxx won a freaking Oscar and is a very good actor in the right hands, so your fears are unfounded.  Also, Ice T has been acting on Law and Order SVU for like 10 years now.  Point is, they aren't rappers who do acting on the side, they're basically 50/50 at this point. 

According to wikipedia, Foxx has released 4 albums starting in 1994, but has been in almost 30 movies since 1992.  And had TV credits before then.  So, I'd say he's an actor that does music on the side. 

Offline Slain

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

replace "Skyrim"with Django Unchained.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

According to wikipedia, Foxx has released 4 albums starting in 1994, but has been in almost 30 movies since 1992.  And had TV credits before then.  So, I'd say he's an actor that does music on the side.

Even more proving my point.  Also, Collateral.  Can't forget Collateral.  That was a great movie.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
He was also pretty good playing Ray Charles.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »
He was also pretty good playing Ray Charles.

I actually ALWAYS refer to him as Ray Charles.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »
I'm sure he'll be great in the movie since Tarantino chose him, don't forget some people were skeptical about Pulp Fiction when they heard Travolta was in it.
And it's not "fears" as much as it is preference and impression, I haven't seen a Jamie Foxx movie since that Tom Cruise one was just released. Last thing I remember of Foxx is him prancing around a stage with Jay Z on some talk show doing a musical number last year, looking ridiculous and pretending they're one of a kind musicians :lol
I still don't think he compares to any of the three actors I mentioned but Tarantino's vision for the role is gonna be the correct one.
And I do love Ice T! The only time I'd pay attention to L&O SVU when my wife is watching is when he's talking heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
Dude... it's Quentin Tarantino! He can do no wrong!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
Tarantino has a strange way of bringing about the best in every actor he ever casts. I harbor no worries about any casting choice he makes.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Online Adami

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »
Tarantino has a strange way of bringing about the best in every actor he ever casts. I harbor no worries about any casting choice he makes.

"Get it right or I'll keep talking"

Sounds like perfect motivation.
fanticide.bandcamp.com