Author Topic: Multiple Gods for Multiple Universes  (Read 10259 times)

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
Re: Multiple Gods for Multiple Universes
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
If God from universe A and God from universe B contradict each other, and both are all-powerful and all-knowing, which one of them is wrong?

There is no need for them to even interact, much less contradict.

If God A and God B never contradict each other, why consider them separate entities at all?

Because they are separate.  They can be unique and not contradict each other.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »

If they both exist outside of time and space and are both all-knowing, then they must know of each other, correct?  And they must each know that they are equally perfect.  So why do they choose to create separate universes?  If they do not disagree with each other in any way, shape, or form (which they logically cannot, what with both of them being absolutely perfect), why not just create one hypergigantic superuniverse and rule it together in all their perfection? 

In a nutshell, they would obviously have had the chance to work together, and instead they chose not to.  To me, this implies some difference of opinion.  Does it not?
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

If they both exist outside of time and space and are both all-knowing, then they must know of each other, correct?  And they must each know that they are equally perfect.  So why do they choose to create separate universes?  If they do not disagree with each other in any way, shape, or form (which they logically cannot, what with both of them being absolutely perfect), why not just create one hypergigantic superuniverse and rule it together in all their perfection? 

In a nutshell, they would obviously have had the chance to work together, and instead they chose not to.  To me, this implies some difference of opinion.  Does it not?

No implied difference of opinion that I see.  Maybe that is just the way it is with gods.  Maybe they are perfectly satisfied playing with their own toys in solitude.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

No implied difference of opinion that I see.  Maybe that is just the way it is with gods.  Maybe they are perfectly satisfied playing with their own toys in solitude.

Fair enough.  It just doesn't mesh with my idea of a supreme being, I suppose. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
"...there is no other God..."  - God  Isaiah 46:9

That's what the other God said...  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White