Author Topic: 2012-07-05 - Abraham Chavez Theatre - El Paso, TX  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
2012-07-05 - Abraham Chavez Theatre - El Paso, TX
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »
I can't be the only one on the forums going to this show.

I got orchestra seats 6-8, don't know if they're ok or not, but i'm happy i'm gonna finally see a DT.headline show. I wasn't going to miss this tour, and sadly no Denver or Phoenix date, which is where I was planning to go originally. I'm going to fly from Albuquerque because I have no ride.

whomever Is going now any decent hotels nearby the venue?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline locolinda

Re: 2012-07-05 - Abraham Chavez Theatre - El Paso, TX
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
I thought WE were the only ones going to this show! We are driving out there, will stay overnight.

Maybe we will be the only ones in the audience...  that would be okay with me. We also got orchestra seats, Row G. Looks like they should be good seats.  I've heard from someone else this is a good venue, almost all seats are good.
Maybe we'll see you there... especially if we are the only other people there!

Offline locolinda

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention we are also from Albuquerque. I will never understand why they always skip over Albuquerque for concerts! The only time they've performed here was when they were opening for other bands... and they decide to do El Paso, of all places!   :huh:

Offline locolinda

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
The DoubleTree Hotel is supposed to be a good place to stay, by the way. Supposedly within walking distance of the venue, and affordable.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
Yeah I saw. The only problem is we're still looking for a ride there.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
Why not rent a car?  With y'alls high speed limits and non-existent cops, I could make ABQ to El Paso in <3 hours in a rent-a-car.  I recall ABQ has some pretty good rates for rentals, so I'd assume that a neighborhood Avis would do even cheaper.   It'd certainly give you a lot more flexibility for less money than airfare will be. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »
Why not rent a car?  With y'alls high speed limits and non-existent cops, I could make ABQ to El Paso in <3 hours in a rent-a-car.  I recall ABQ has some pretty good rates for rentals, so I'd assume that a neighborhood Avis would do even cheaper.   It'd certainly give you a lot more flexibility for less money than airfare will be.

I would, but dont have a license at the moment.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »
And the other two in your group?  It also has the benefit of instilling a great road-trip atmosphere. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 01:22:25 AM »
Yeah, me and my uncle can't drive. Was hoping to use the extra for the person who could drive us out there. But no dice, so I don't think i'll be attending a DT show this time.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 02:25:28 AM »
I'm saddened. O didn't get to see all of,my,favorite songs. Especially Surrounded and TITL.

As simpsons put it (DAMN YOU SNOW)

Offline locolinda

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
Sorry you missed it! I must say that this show is in my top THREE favorite concerts category! I can't get over how great the guys all played! They all looked really good - James has lost a lot of weight.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been a drum solo, and eliminating the drunks who kept stumbling over me to get to the bar for more beer over and over, spilling their beer all over the place on their way back.  >:(    Aside from that, it was a great venue and we had top-notch seats with an incredible view up close and personal!

Crimson were awesome, also!  My husband was excited to see Belew and Levin play. They haven't lost anything over the years - still very impressive musicians!

We were lucky to meet James and John and John after the show. They were kind enough to stop and sign autographs and pose for pictures... really nice guys!  If I can get my computer to cooperate, I'll be glad to download a picture of me and James and a great pic my husband took of John P. :tup

Definitely 5 stars for this concert... and really, I don't rate many concerts that high!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it. They also had to tease me by posting a pic of them setting up on their Facebook