• DTF.org Member
Re: Dreams
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:02 PM »
Convert to angry turtleism.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »
I have dreams pretty much every night, 90% of them nightmares. My mum features in most of them. They were even more fucked up when I was on morphine patches. Two that spring to mind that I'll never forget:

Dream one, I was in a hospital, with my mum. She was dead and a ghost, but looked and was acting totally normal, and she'd been really sick and died but I realised she believed that she'd survived and everything was okay, so I had to break the news to her and said 'mum, you do realise that you didn't actually make it, don't you?' and she looked really shocked, and morphed from being normal into this weird screaming demon, wailing and crying and zooming round the room destroying everything like a hurricane. I couldn't do anything but just watch her lose it. I didn't really get what the dream was about until I told a friend and she said it's like I was breaking the news to myself, trying to finally admit/accept what happened, and the reaction I saw in her is how I really feel and how I really want to react, to lose my shit completely and not be the calm, organised, strong one like I was when she died. It kinda made sense.

Dream two, I was in a lift in a mansion, and one of the floors I could get off was heaven. I got outta the lift, went into a room, had to wait a few minutes and then she appeared, totally normal and happy. She looked so healthy, so peaceful, so pleased to see me. I asked her what it was like in heaven and she said it was great, and I asked if our two late cats were there too and she said yeah, showed me a photo of them on her phone. I asked if she lived with them and she said no, that things were kinda different and didn't work that way up there but she sees them every day. She told me that even when I can't see her or feel her, she's always there with me, and that she loves me and my brother to bits and always will. I only had half an hour with her until I had to say goodbye, when I hugged her I knew it could be the last time I ever saw her, and it was so sad. I woke up feeling really weird, glad I'd seen her but also upset as it was the first time I'd seen her look happy and healthy since her death. I just woke up and burst into tears. Nothing about the death feels real, at all. I'm atheist and don't believe in god or heaven, but it's tempting to try and make myself believe that dreams like this mean something, that she is still around in a way. Cos losing her completely is just too hard to bear.

I also had a sex dream about Steven Wilson once, that was cool.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 06:32:56 AM »
Steve Wilson seems like he would enjoy angry sex  . . . .

I had an interesting dream last night;

I was in Paris in the apartment that I was in last year, somehow I ran into my ex whom I still talk to every once in a while. We were both traveling to London, it was a really odd dream, it had a strange quality to it because we were dating in my dream. Anyway we both take off on a flight to London and we immediately get grounded because our plane was selected to go through customs. After customs we ended up missing our flight and had to drive to London.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
Last night I dreamed that I was at work, which is sort of like a warehouse setting. Right in the middle of all these boxes and freight there just happened to be showers.

I have no idea why they were there, but I took great delight in taking a shower. And everyone kept coming by trying to conduct business as usual, totally nonchalant that I'm taking this random shower.

If Freud was still alive, he would probably say it was an Oedipus complex. 

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »
I had three remembered dreams last night but I'll focus on one thing in one of them I thought was cool.

A teacher comes out into the hallway and yells at us (me and some other people) to be more quiet, but it wasn't us who had been loud, it was this girl down the hallway. And so I walked after the teacher and touched his forhead and showed him my memory of the girl being loud and he apologized.

I have the power.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »

Lately, I've had dreams where my legs don't work properly. I have trouble walking and it feels so real.

I have the weirdest dreams.
The mind is a powerful thing. Your subconcious mind knows you have issues with your legs and thus this is manifesting in your dreams. Its not the other way around.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
^^  There's a lot of times in dreams where I'm either chasing something or trying to run from something and my legs also feel like they don't really work right. Its like I'm trying to run through quicksand or something and I'm moving in slow motion.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
^^  There's a lot of times in dreams where I'm either chasing something or trying to run from something and my legs also feel like they don't really work right. Its like I'm trying to run through quicksand or something and I'm moving in slow motion.
You only run in slow motion in dreams. Its frustrating when your trying to get away from someone and you just can't move fast.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
Dreaming becomes awesome when you learn not to run from things in the dreams. After you accept that there is no point of running in dreams it's easier (and sometimes much more fun) to actually turn around and face whatever it is you're running from.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
Dreaming becomes awesome when you learn not to run from things in the dreams. After you accept that there is no point of running in dreams it's easier (and sometimes much more fun) to actually turn around and face whatever it is you're running from.
I have read that your central nervous system prevents the body from moving too much while sleeping as not to injure yourself. This is the supposed reason you seam to move in slow motion while dreaming.

Offline erik16

• The one on the right
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
I remember one I had where I was on top of the high tower/building in Dubai and I looked down from it. Then I fell and I almost fell into a river. Then I realized that I had an invisible rope on me. Then I simply returned to the top of that tower, only now the tower was in Estonia. I then jumped again and landed in a church where people were having a blast drinking, playing cards and making out.

Suddenly the dream changed. I had gone back in time, the year was 1946 or sth like that, it was after WWII. I was like a sir, all fancy dressed in a suit and wearing a hat. I visited my grandparents' house as a guest and saw them being young and all that. That was weird.

I also had a third one that night but I don't remember that one.

Also one thing that happens in dreams, is that everybody speaks my language, or I speak theirs, dunno really.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 02:35:32 AM »
I had a fun dream last night, but it was pretty long so I'll just skip ahead to the awesome points.

The first was that I used telekenetic (spelling?) power to throw the Kraken from Pirates of the Caribbean like a thousand feet up in the air onto dry land so that it dies because it had been sent to kill me. Then later I used that same power to stop three ridiculously gigantic waves of water and push them back to sea. I then created fire in my hand to convince a buch of people around me that I was not a normal human. And I flew alot, but that's like second nature to me by now.

Also one thing that happens in dreams, is that everybody speaks my language, or I speak theirs, dunno really.
Yeah, people in dreams can only speak the languages you speak, because they are actually just a part of your mind.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:31 AM »
I had the most fucked-up dream ever tonight. It involved my best friend narrating the dream, which is pretty strange, since he never appeared in my dreams before, but whatever.

The dream was set in a world where global warming had taken over the world and destroyed a lot. A person then threw himself into a really crazy machine that catapulted himself into the skies, which broke up the clouds all around the world. This sudden, unhindered influx of sunlight onto the earth's surface somehow miraculously reversed the effects of global warming, and suddenly everything was full of nature and stuff, even though there had been a barren landscape with no plants whatsoever there before.

Then, I saw my friend (who was narrating my dream) sitting at a table in a valley, with a waterfall in the background, while writing in a leather-bound book with a quill. He closed the book after he had written something that I couldn't decipher and then I woke up.

Weird shit going on in my brain, I tell you.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
^ It's visions of the apocalypse.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
That's what I thought too, at first, but how does a man being launched into the sky, breaking up the clouds and the sunlight reversing global warming even work?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:31:36 AM by Scorpion »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:41 AM »
It's all some sort of deep metaphore I'm sure. I just haven't made up anything cool for it to mean yet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Controversial opinion :

I hate all dreams. Good, Bad, Otherwise.

You have an awesome dream and you wake up disappointed. You have a bad dream, you wake up feeling bad.

No win.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
My dreams haunt me. They're a load of shit and mean nothing; they are nothing. Flashes of my imagination, memories and coupled together like a cocktail of bullshit and pigshit. Rarely do I have a 'good dream', but I also haven't had what I would consider a 'nightmare' since I was a child and held onto irrational fears, like Chucky the doll coming to slice my throat open in the middle of the night.  :D :sadpanda: But mostly I agree with Kowboysogyoukukotowari. They're all useless, terrible things.

Fucking humans brains. What can ya do? Fuck human brains. What? Gross. NO, YOU'RE GROSS. GET OUT OF MY BATHTUB!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Controversial opinion :

I hate all dreams. Good, Bad, Otherwise.

You have an awesome dream and you wake up disappointed. You have a bad dream, you wake up feeling bad.

No win.

If I have a bad dream, I am relieved that it wasn't real and actually feel better, so that's a win for me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
I have dreams pretty much every night, 90% of them nightmares.

Everyone dreams every night. You just don't remember them when you wake up. Or unless you didn't actually sleep.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
i used to suffer from horrible nightmares allmost every night whan i was young.
one of the nightmares that i remember the most is this one:
i walked naked into my room, and tore all my skin from my body, so only my flesh left. whan i tore the skin of my face, my whole face were removed from my body and not only my skin, and oh god, that dream felt so real.
it was really fucking scary espicially for a 10 years old kid , and it was one of the nightmares that came back alot of nights.

luckily, whan i got older (im 17 now), the nightmares just stopped.
whan i was 13-14 and the nightmares allready began to disapear, i had some dreams about me being half-fox half-man and that i have superpowers (being able to run at the speed of sound and creating fire with my bare hands).
I love beautiful things.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
I had this dream yesterday where I was driving home from something at night.  I got to the road leading to my neighborhood, and there was a group of people sitting there in the middle of the road playing cards or something.  Damn, I didn't even see them until I turned the corner and my headlights hit them, the morons.  So I slow way down and head over to the side of the road to go around them, and I notice other people outside, dancing and partying and stuff.  Out of the corner of my eye, I see a little kid coming running right at my car and then I hear "Whap!" and I think "Oh fuck!" and I immediately pull over.

I get out of the car and look to see if he's okay or what, and there's no one there.  I look farther back, and all the people who were hanging out in the street have all gotten up and now they're on the lawn of one of the houses.  I run over there and yell to them, asking if... um... they saw the little kid that I think I hit, and is he okay?  One of them says "Oh yeah, he's fine.  He went in the house."

And I think about it, and the sound wasn't the kind of sound you'd expect from a body hitting a car (or vice versa) but more like something hard plastic hitting the car.  Like maybe he had something in his hand and that's what hit the side of my car.  I only caught a quick flash of him out of the corner of my eye.  So I figured okay, they don't seem too worried about, I'll just head home.

I look, and don't see my car on the side of the road where I thought I'd left it.  There's a white van which I don't remember seeing, but I wasn't really paying attention when I ran back to that house to see if the kid was okay.  Maybe my car is out in front of that van.  Nope.  I look around and don't see it anywhere.  I realize that I'm holding my keys in my hand, since I grabbed them when I got out of the car (something I always do out of habit), so I press the button that makes the car horn beep.  I hear the beep behind me and turn around.  Did I manage to pass my car and not see it?  If you press the button at night, the lights come on as well, so I press the button and hear the beep and see lights come on on some car parked on someone's driveway.  But it was just someone leaving who happened to have started their car right at that moment.  I pressed the button a few more times, and heard the beep, but the sound was echoing strangely and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Then I started getting a little paranoid because it was nighttime and I was making my car horn beep a lot, which would probably be really annoying for the people who lived in these houses.

Then I woke up because I had to pee.  I never did find my car.

----------

If I believed in such things, it would be interesting to plug that into a dream analyzer, but what the hell would I put?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
i had some dreams about me being half-fox half-man and that i have superpowers (being able to run at the speed of sound and creating fire with my bare hands).
Is that perhaps the source of you profile image?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
This one time I had a dream that I kept having to piss by dropping my pants entirely and if I didn't then I couldn't piss and then halfway through the dream I apparently forgot to pull them back up and walked around school without any pants on and everyone laughed at my penis which was about the size of my pinky's fingernail and then I killed everyone and ended up stretching my penis out by surgically attaching Stretch Armstrong's arm and raped the principal with my floppy long-arm before having her give me all A's, then I let her go home but she ended up committing suicide, but not before telling me that I impregnated her with Stretch Legstrong, Armstrong's illegitimate son (his mother was a handmaiden to Beelzebub).

It was the only dream I ever liked and I woke up before I could finish.

Finish the dream. I ended up seeing that I had an F in Math and woke up before I was able to change it to an A.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »
I have a recurring dream that everything is weird and not quite reality and sometimes the laws of physics are altered.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
This one time I had a dream that I kept having to piss by dropping my pants entirely and if I didn't then I couldn't piss and then halfway through the dream I apparently forgot to pull them back up and walked around school without any pants on and everyone laughed at my penis which was about the size of my pinky's fingernail and then I killed everyone and ended up stretching my penis out by surgically attaching Stretch Armstrong's arm and raped the principal with my floppy long-arm before having her give me all A's, then I let her go home but she ended up committing suicide, but not before telling me that I impregnated her with Stretch Legstrong, Armstrong's illegitimate son (his mother was a handmaiden to Beelzebub).

It was the only dream I ever liked and I woke up before I could finish.

Finish the dream. I ended up seeing that I had an F in Math and woke up before I was able to change it to an A.

Holy fuck. That's mighty fucked up.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »
I don't necessarily have recurring dreams anymore (I did as a child), but I do have a recurring theme - tornadoes.  The tornado, for me, signifies change - good, bad, indifferent.  I've discovered that the proximity of the tornado is significant, as well as the other people in the dream.  For example...

In one, I was driving south towards Austin on I-35 and I saw a tornado hit close to the area where I worked at the time.  Turns out that one of my co-workers was headed back to Utah within a matter of days.

In another, I was in a car with my mother and brother, and the tornadoes were only hitting on the driver's side of the car - which was where my mother was (I was in the back, my brother was shotgun).  No more than two days later, my mother was the victim of an almost hit and run accident - she was crossing the street to either go home or go back to work, when a SUV hit her.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
I mostly don't remember my dreams, but when I do........they suck!  I prefer not to dream.  Nothing but a mind fuck and they serve no useful purpose.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »
I mostly don't remember my dreams, but when I do........they suck!  I prefer not to dream.  Nothing but a mind fuck and they serve no useful purpose.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
When I took Psychology in high school, I remember we did a unit on dreams and interpreting them and stuff, and one of the "experts" concluded that they don't really mean anything; they are simply brain activity.  Sure, if you're thinking a lot about something or someone, that can manifest in your dreams.  But to try to attribute something truly bizarre and senseless to your subconscious trying to send you a message is just silly.

A common one is people dreaming about being in public naked, or in their underwear.  One interpretation is that you feel exposed or vulnerable, another is that you feel that you need to be more open.  Okay, so which is it?  Everybody has anxieties, everybody feels vulnerable sometimes, and everybody has times when it might be better to open up about stuff.  It's like horoscopes.  Make it general enough and bring in elements of things that everyone has in common, and it will always seem to be right.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2012, 11:51:17 PM »
Another one is your teeth breaking/shattering - I used to have that one pretty frequently too.  Dream "analysis" says that that's a manifestation of fear of being misinterpreted.  HOWEVER - I think the greater benefit is to determine how it makes sense to YOU versus going solely on what analysis/books say it means.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »
i had some dreams about me being half-fox half-man and that i have superpowers (being able to run at the speed of sound and creating fire with my bare hands).
Is that perhaps the source of you profile image?
kind of :P
Its the reason why i fox is my fav animall.
I love beautiful things.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
I had a dream that I went into my room and turned on the light and whirled around and there was a spider nestled up above my door. I turned off the light so it wouldn't see me, but I saw a white thing dart down from where the spider was and knew that the spider had jumped down. I freaked out and ran across the house, realizing that the spider had jumped ONTO ME. I woke up screaming and grabbing my shirt.  :|
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
 :lol