Author Topic: Highschool Graduation Memories. What are your most noteworthy memories of yours?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
Title says it all, What are your most noteworthy memories of your highschool graduation? What'd you do to celebrate yours?

The reason I ask is my highschool grad is coming up and I'd like to know others experiences!

We had the first stage of our grad last weekend, we had our prom! My whole day was great until the actual dance started, my date and I  had a great day just hanging out and taking all the photo's and doing the other things involved with the whole concept of "prom" where I come from, but when it came to the dance she wouldn't dance at all and made me stay with her, this wasn't even her prom, and now she won't let me post photos of the day because her new bf which she left me for the day after gets mad at her if I post them, so yeah she kinda killed my good memories of that. :sad: Luckily I still have other special grad things we do here so I still have hope for good grad memories!  :tup

but If you guys wanna check out photo's of my prom you can check out my friends photography page! She took photo's of us and posted them there. There was nothing my date could do to stop my friend from uploading her photo's of us  :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.426539630702957.99536.198252276865028&type=3
May The Force Be With You.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
I try to block out most of my senior year.  Not a good year really.  Glad you're making the most of yours though.  :tup

Offline senecadawg2

I haven't graduated yet...  :-[
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
I haven't graduated yet...  :-[

Ahh well oops  :-[ didn't mean to single anyone else out o.O just kind of thought I was a youngin on this forum so I figured most have already graduated :P

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
I spent graduation night with a friend who passed away a few months later. I'm very thankful that I got to enjoy it with him. A great memory, and something I can always look back on with a smile. I'll never forget it.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:41:49 PM by Gadough »
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
HS graduation was something that I just kind of "expected".  I don't have any of my prom photos or anything like that (this was before digital cameras, hell the internet was still mostly text) and don't really care either.  The whole last month or so of senior year is one of those things you'll fret over now, and 5 years later won't give a rat's ass about if you are well adjusted person.

Bottom line:  Enjoy it, but don't let imperfections from your ideal experience bother you since you aren't going to give a damn in a few years anyway.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.

Bottom line:  Enjoy it, but don't let imperfections from your ideal experience bother you since you aren't going to give a damn in a few years anyway.

Good advice man, but then again you're a doctor so that should be expected!

Offline senecadawg2

Good advice man, but then again you're a doctor so that should be expected!

He's not 'a doctor'... He is THE DOCTOR.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
i slept through my high school graduation. prom was the night before... brilliant.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
I try to block out most of my senior year.  Not a good year really.  Glad you're making the most of yours though.  :tup

Pretty much this. I had a great junior year. But senior year was when my depression started. By the time graduation came I  just wanted to get the fuck out of high school. After I graduated I went straight home. Didn't go to any of my proms either. That summer was good though, played a couple graduation parties (as Altered Beast  :lol) and spent a lot of time recording a movie with my friend in the weeks before we shipped off to college.

Enjoy your graduation.  :tup

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Another day in the life, really.  That year wasn't very different than the two before it.  Actually graduating was certainly a huge relief for everybody, since I was the world's worst student and nobody really knew if I'd ever get out of high school.  Only thing I remember about the ceremony was that everybody before me was announced with lots of clubs, titles and accolades, so I kind of stuck out when it was just "El Barto--long pause."  Went to a bar in Deep Ellum to celebrate afterward with my girl friend, parents and their SO's.  I think that it was the last time my parents were ever in the same room, and the last time I ever saw my mom smoke a cigarette (she was more relieved than I was that it was over).  Drank a couple of bottles of champagne and that was that.  My GF was ridiculously fun to be with when she'd had a few, so I was probably anxious to wrap up the family portion of the celebration. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Don't remember much of it, that was a rough day.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
The last month of my senior year was great. Me and my friends already knew what schools we were going to afterwards, we knew we were going to graduate, so we just had fun. We didn't care about anything at all. We left school early pretty much everyday, and played basketball at the local courts. The ceremony itself wasn't that memorable, just your average graduation, but grad night afterwards was pretty sweet. Everyone in our graduating class back together for one last hoorah. There was tons of food, tons of entertainment, and just a bunch of fun, and after 4 or 5 hours of partying, just chilling with people that I probably wouldn't see very often was a great time. Overall I would say that I had a great graduation experience, and just like the good doctor said:

Enjoy it, but don't let imperfections from your ideal experience bother you since you aren't going to give a damn in a few years anyway.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
My greatest memory of high school graduation was looking upon the faces of my fellow graduates, smiling, and thinking to myself, "Thank God I'm finally getting away from these assholes."
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
My greatest memory of high school graduation was looking upon the faces of my fellow graduates, smiling, and thinking to myself, "Thank God I'm finally getting away from these assholes."

Amen to that. Everyone I went to High school with, I had pretty much went to school with since kindergarten, so everybody knew everybody's business and would bring up embarrassing stuff from like 4th grade. You couldn't escape it.

It was so damn nice to start college with a clean slate, with new people.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Damn, I can't imagine being around the same people that long. The people I couldn't wait to get away from I'd only been going to school with two years! :lol
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Yeah it was a small town and it was brutal.

I remember asking a girl out during junior year and she said yes and was all excited.

Then her friends get to her and say "oh don't go out with him, don't you know in 6th grade he did such and such and in 8th grade he made this mistake"  and totally threw me under the bus. Then I don't hear back from her.

Every little mistake from childhood through adolescence was held over you, no matter how much you had grown as a person.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
When they said my name I did the ghetto "tap your chest twice, point up your fingers towards the heavens and look up ". It was so gangsta

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
Aww Drew, way to make me tear up  :(

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
Playing with my band class for the last time.
In between songs, we were passing around our yearbooks to be signed.

High school sucked, the best part was concert and marching band.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
I'm graduating this year too. :) Got voted the tallest and would've won best hair but they only let us have one each.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
I'm graduating this year too. :) Got voted the tallest and would've won best hair but they only let us have one each.

Well I'm the shortest guy in my grad class and got voted most likely to still be I.D'd when I'm 30!

Offline Ħ

I had a terrible time in high school. Few friends. Grad night was magical though. You know that rush of feeling that rises inside and bursts through your chest? The feeling you get when you see "the one"? Grad night was the last time I really got that. So it's special in that respect.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
When they said my name I did the ghetto "tap your chest twice, point up your fingers towards the heavens and look up ". It was so gangsta

Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
i got to walk at graduation even though i was missing a shitton of credits. many people in the crowd were there because they were missing like 1/2 a credit and weren't allowed to walk. I did it by convincing my principle that i'd finish my "just one credit" (lie) in summer school (lie). It was fucking hilarious. took my GED a few weeks later.

When you go up to the stage, they give you the diploma in a small book thing. if you don't get a diploma, they give you an empty book on stage. I walked up on stage, with sunglasses, opened the book and loudly said "THERE'S NOTHING IN HERE" before i was quickly moved along.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
My fondest memories of senior year were barely going to class. I only needed a handful of credits, so I pretty much cruised. The rest of the time, I wandered the halls, popping into random class-rooms and just shootin' the shoot with various people. I got along good with faculty and staff, so I was always let off the hook for that sort of thing. I did go to senior prom, which was an awfully big waste of money and time. Left-half way through. Threw in for a party bus and wasn't even there long enough to take it back. Hitched a ride with some friends. I also didn't attend my graduation, as I didn't really have anyone that would've come. They were supposed to mail me my diploma, but I never did get it. The one regret was not being involved at all with the year book. There were no pictures of me in there. Its depressing to think of all the acquaintances I might've had back then that don't have a face to put to whatever memory they have of me.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
I can't wait for senior year. 

Only 4 classes are to be taken, one of which is another year of foreign language, which is a joke, and another of which is animation.  No excitement about prom or anything sappy like that.  Only intend to attend graduation because my family wants me to.  No school spirit here!

I'm even more excited about going to college and being an adult.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I remember going to summer school and getting my diploma late........... Good times.........

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Senior Year was a fuckin' blast.  I had three periods of band (Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band), three periods of academics (AP English, AP Physics, US History), and Lunch.  I'd started on flute in junior high and moved to saxophone in high school but I'd never played clarinet before, so I learned clarinet senior year just for the hell of it.  I made first chair clarinet in the Concert Band.  I was already first alto saxophone in the Symphonic Band and piano/keyboards in the Jazz Band.

One of my friends Chris lived a block from the school, so we'd go to his house at lunchtime and smoke up, which made the rest of the day go better, even if it messed with my grades.  I didn't care.  I always got A's in band, so all I had to do was pull C's in everything else and I'd still manage a B average.

Graduation Night, we played a concert in our caps and gowns out at The Pond, 40 acres of property outside of town owned by the family of one of our other friends.  I don't know if these pictures will show up, as they're from Chris' Facebook:

We were so cool!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
I'll be a senior next school year. Though I did really enjoy my Junior year, for the most part. I'm ready to graduate, but I know I'll miss a good bit of people there. I'll get over it though.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
If this is an all out senior year nostalgia thread, I've got a good story.

So, every year they tell the senior class not to do pranks. They'll call the cops, hold our diplomas, etc. However, my senior year we had a new principle. The first day of school he asked all the seniors to come into the auditorium and said to us "you've had highschool a certain way for three years. I'm not going to ruin it for you on your senior year." aka, we got away with most anything.

Senior pranks:

1.) Operation Floating Phallus

There were a shit load of helium filled balloons around the school. We got the idea of taking a bunch of orange peels (must have been the fruit of the day or something) and cutting them into cock shapes, tying them to balloons and whamo! Flying phallus. What we were told "oh come on, don't do that!"

2.) Operation Close Your Legs

So, every year we do something called Snowball. It's fucking stupid and I never went to the dances and I used the activities planned to just go home and play video games. They do a frozen fish toss, however up at the field and track area. Well, my senior year it pained me to stay for the bullshit, but I did. My friends and I grabbed the frozen fish, hid it (I didn't see who stashed it), got it back in the school and threw it in a locker. A friend of mine threw a lock on it and we asked "why did you throw your lock on it?" "my lock? shit, I don't know whose that is".

It took about 1-2 weeks, but the junior hall smelled so awful. It was so hard to not laugh my fucking ass off whenever we went down the hallway. So, after the week or two went by, somehow we get called into the principal's office. There are five of us, sitting in front of the principle. He goes on to explain how the locker we had shoved the fish in was actually for a new girl who had just transferred etc. etc. etc. We kind of felt bad. The he described, in detail, what it was like when the lock got clipped (fish ooze pouring out, people's reactions) and I look over at my one friend. He was shaking so uncontrollably and was turning red. I couldn't help it, I snapped. We all broke out in laughter. Then we stopped, we realized the principal was laughing as well. He said "Just don't do that again. That was pretty funny and it's only an issue because of the new girl" And that was that.

3.) Operation Concrete Cock

This one was my idea, through and through. I had a few bags of really old quik-cement in my shed. I had an idea of making the shape of a cock on the ground in the back of the school. It was a hill, and most students/faculty went into the back. It would be gloriously exposed for them all to see (but not being in view of most children). So, we took a bunch of a rocks and cemented them together in the dead of the night in the shape of a giant cock. When we got to school the next morning, the janitors were on the phones trying to get something to break it up. Unfortunately, it was completely gone before lunch break. However, it was fucking glorious. AND, there was dead grass there for awhile :)

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Yeah senior pranks were awesome. My favorite was Operation: If you're caught doing any pranks you'll be expelled and wont be able to graduate.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Yeah senior pranks were awesome. My favorite was Operation: If you're caught doing any pranks you'll be expelled and wont be able to graduate.

But, you see we never did anything destructive. If all senior pranks were just disruptive, they probably wouldn't be such a big deal. We didn't do anything that interfered with the normal goings of school. We were smart enough to do that, so that if we DID get caught, it wouldn't be so bad.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
That's awesome  :lol