Author Topic: HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY DTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 27524 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Five years ago today you came into my life. I never knew if I was cut out for long term posting and even considered abortion but once I looked into your adorable little eyes, I knew I could never be without you again. We've had some bumps along the way (namely potty training) but at the end of every stressful day, I realize I'd have it no other way.

Happy motherfuckin burfday DTF, for you are THE BEST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metal :metal :metal

Edit: Seeing as how no one's posted yet, I figured I'd clarify that DTF itself turns 5 years old today and I didn't just make a thread bragging about myself making 5 years in this community (I'll do that next month when I reach 6 years.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:24:41 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
What can I say about a community that accepted me at my most honest, and has seen me through some of the highest and lowest points of my life.  I truly love you guys. :heart

Happy birthday DTF, go get laid!!!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Happy birthday you beautiful wonderful soul consuming forum!

And 22.5 hours!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
eh, I give this thread a 5 out of 8.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...

iseewhatyoudidthere

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator

Banned.

Happy Birthday my child!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
Happy birthday my darling...   :-* :heart :hat :tup :angel: :coolio :obscure:

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
Even though I don't contribute enough here as I should. I absolutely love this place. Its great to be here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTF!!!
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
DTF is only 5?? I swear I thought she was older, officer!

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DT.net Member
Even though I don't contribute enough here as I should. I absolutely love this place. Its great to be here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTF!!!

You're a "Josh R." as am I. You're welcome in any of my threads :)

DTF is only 5?? I swear I thought she was older, officer!

Statutory posting ftw :metal
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

• DT.net Member
Gadoh pls

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
35 in Dog years you dogs.  Happy B-Day!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
As we would say in Holland:

Hatseeee!

Congratulations!
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
You guys are truly like another family to me.  I love this place.  Keep being awesome.  :tup

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
So DTF's birthday is the same as my work anniversary day, been there eight years today, but fuck work. :metardica:

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
damn, she's getting up there, gonna have to find a younger version.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
only 5 huh?  Coulda swore it was longer too.  I guess I just don't recall exactly when the dt.net split came to be.  40 days, 1 hours and 41 minutes sucked out of my life and given to this bitch.

Good times.

:-*
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
only 5 huh?  Coulda swore it was longer too.  I guess I just don't recall exactly when the dt.net split came to be.  40 days, 1 hours and 41 minutes sucked out of my life and given to this bitch.

Good times.

Yup.  We were May 2007.  I believe DT.net shut down in November 2006.  There was the grand experiment of www.dreamtheaterforums.com in between.  (yes, go ahead and click on it and see what happens.  You know you were thinking about doing it)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Good times.

Just had to check mine, 100 days today....
:footloose:

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
happy birthday dtf. i love you with all my penis
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

Hatseeee!

Congratulations!

No, hatseflats.

Conrgats DTF :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake

Good times.

Yup.  We were May 2007.  I believe DT.net shut down in November 2006.  There was the grand experiment of www.dreamtheaterforums.com in between.  (yes, go ahead and click on it and see what happens.  You know you were thinking about doing it)

Yeah, it's hard to keep track, since many of us were here "before the beginning".  I don't really worry about the exact date of the split.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!

Hatseeee!

Congratulations!

No, hatseflats.

Conrgats DTF :)

Hatsekiedatum!
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Happy Birthday YOU SONUVABITCH!

Offline rogerdil

Pretty good forum but nothing compared to https://www.dreamtheater.net/topics/banter-brawl

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Ha ha you so funny.

Seriously though, I wanted to like that place, but the software they use just sucks so hard.  No way to subscribe to threads, no way to know which threads you've posted in, not even a way to jump to first new post in a thread.  They had "unofficial" forums right here that they could've adopted and made legit and had a built-in base, but they started from scratch with the most retarded forum software I've ever seen.  Literally.  Why would anyone with a three-digit IQ choose that software when there are so many superior options, many if not most of them free?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
For some reason I though this place was much older than that.  Happy birthday DTF

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
This actual community is MUCH older than 5 years, but in its current manifestation, it is only 5.

Next month will mark 12 years since I joined this lovely community.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

• DT.net Member
So DTF's birthday is the same as my work anniversary day, been there eight years today, but fuck work. :metardica:

Year's DTF has been around:         5

Years Arj has been at current job: 8

:omg:

For some reason I though this place was much older than that.  Happy birthday DTF

Well it sorta has. I remember joining the original dreamtheater.net briefly in 2000 (my name was some kinda awkward combination of Ytse Jam and Status Seeker if I recall correctly) but got bored quickly and then checked back in for like a week in 2002, and finally joined for good in summer 2006.

A few months later, dreamtheater.com surfaced and eventually an irreconcilable rift created a Hatfield/McCoy dynamic between two factions of members which gave way to the split resulting in dreamtheaterforums.org and 5/8 if I'm not mistaken. I was still a month from even making one whole year in the community at that time so I'm not 100% sure of all these facts/dates so anyone who wants to correct any errors or inconsistencies in this post, feel free to do so.

Thanks!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
For some reason I though this place was much older than that. 

This community goes back to when DT had an official forum in EZBoard back in, I think, 1999 or so.  Shortly after that, the forum resided at dreamtheater.net.  It was shut down on Mike's orders in November 2006, after which the fans from that online community set up an unofficial forum at DTF.com so that the forum community would continue.  During the 5-6 months it was there, it fragmented between (1) those who wanted it to be a DT-centered community, and (2) those who wanted it to be something else.  DTF.com became 5/8.  With help from some close to the band, I set up DTF.org the day 5/8 was launched, and the community once again continued.  (and I subsequently reacquired DTF.com, which now points here)  So, yeah, as a community in general, we date back to 1999 or so.  But in terms of this specific site run by me, we're 5.  Make sense?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline senecadawg2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTF!

I haven't known you for a very long time, but I love you with all of my heart!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.