Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.thespicemustflow  (Read 1444 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.thespicemustflow
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2024, 05:16:46 PM »
Would you say you’re a citizen of Legoland travellng incommunicado?

Lonestar doesn't even need to answer that because he knows you know.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2024, 12:08:30 AM »
My Nephew had the heads of Darth Vader, Boba Fett & The Mandalorian in his bedroom.

That could well be taken out of context :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2024, 04:40:25 AM »
My Nephew had the heads of Darth Vader, Boba Fett & The Mandalorian in his bedroom.
That could well be taken out of context :lol

What he really needs is Jango Fett.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2024, 06:14:23 AM »
Lonestar doesn't even need to answer that because he knows you know.

Look at you spewing out some Marillion!!!!  My heart warms!!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2024, 07:01:06 AM »
I always liked the idea of Lego more than actually putting the Legos together.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2024, 08:36:09 AM »
I always liked the idea of Lego more than actually putting the Legos together.

Opposite for me.  Putting it together is fun, and now I'm like, "what do I do now?"  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2024, 08:51:21 AM »
Yea. I love Lego, even if I have no more room for it. Last kit I got was the Bat Wing and I think I spent like 8 hours straight putting it together. Back hurt like hell but man was it great.

For me, Lego was always less about creativity and more about the relaxation putting together a set brought me. I honestly would be thrilled to be able to rent Lego or something. Like spend a few days putting together a big set and then give it back or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2024, 08:59:15 AM »
Yea. I love Lego, even if I have no more room for it. Last kit I got was the Bat Wing and I think I spent like 8 hours straight putting it together. Back hurt like hell but man was it great.

For me, Lego was always less about creativity and more about the relaxation putting together a set brought me. I honestly would be thrilled to be able to rent Lego or something. Like spend a few days putting together a big set and then give it back or something.

That would actually work great for me too.  At the Lego store in midtown, they had a bunch of displays of the items built so you can see and even touch them if you were thinking about buying them.  I kept thinking to myself, who gets paid to put these together?  I'd do it.

Also  :lol at your back comment because I think it took me about 3 hours to do the small falcon, but my back was so sore the rest of the night.  Also my eyes were mad tired from concentrating on all the small pieces.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2024, 09:00:51 AM »
I love how the Titanic set displays. It looks so good for being made out of a bunch of blocks.

I've got the Lego Christmas tree and made sure to save the manual. I take it apart after the holiday season, and then rebuild it the following year. After we set up the rest of the house, I'll build it while watching a Christmas movie or something.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2024, 09:28:59 AM »
I've got the Lego Christmas tree and made sure to save the manual. I take it apart after the holiday season, and then rebuild it the following year. After we set up the rest of the house, I'll build it while watching a Christmas movie or something.

That's actually really cool  :tup
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2024, 11:13:45 AM »
Opposite for me.  Putting it together is fun, and now I'm like, "what do I do now?"  :lol

I'm with you.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2024, 12:41:47 PM »
Came into work today and one of my supervisors tells me
"Hey Metro, just so you know, Bob is no longer with us."
"Oh wow, what happened?"
"He made too many mistakes."
"...ok, but he's still alive?"
"Yeah he was just fired."

why would you phrase it like that

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2024, 02:14:13 PM »
Chino, is that a desk? I really want something like that for my Magic the Gathering collection (and possibly future lego sets).

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2024, 02:14:28 PM »
Came into work today and one of my supervisors tells me
"Hey Metro, just so you know, Bob is no longer with us."
"Oh wow, what happened?"
"He made too many mistakes."
"...ok, but he's still alive?"
"Yeah he was just fired."

why would you phrase it like that

Is he the doctor from Arrested Development?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:11 PM »
Exactly what I thought  :lol

In other news, a black pickup truck with a big Majesty symbol in the back window cut me off on the interstate. Stay classy DT fans.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2024, 04:20:35 PM »
I recently got a Lego Saturn V and put it together a few days ago. Fucking awesome.

I was talking to some friends at work, though, who were shocked at the idea of disassembling it. Apparently there's a bunch of sick fucks out there who just build their Legos once and then leave them there forever, which is insane to me. Building it is the fun part! Why would I do it once and then never again? That'd be like watching a great movie and saying damn, that was good, too bad I'll never watch it again. Or never rereading a book, although people are also shocked that I do that. :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2024, 03:44:24 AM »
Chino, is that a desk? I really want something like that for my Magic the Gathering collection (and possibly future lego sets).

Negative. It's just shelving. Top half is for stuff on display, and the bottom half is a catch-all for all the projects I have in flight, as well as general art supplies. 

I recently got a Lego Saturn V and put it together a few days ago. Fucking awesome.

I was talking to some friends at work, though, who were shocked at the idea of disassembling it. Apparently there's a bunch of sick fucks out there who just build their Legos once and then leave them there forever, which is insane to me. Building it is the fun part! Why would I do it once and then never again? That'd be like watching a great movie and saying damn, that was good, too bad I'll never watch it again. Or never rereading a book, although people are also shocked that I do that. :lol

I leave most of mine assembled because I buy them for the purpose of display. Especially one like Titanic. Unless that thing falls off the self, it'll never be disassembled.

I could be a unique case, though. I have plenty of other hobbies that require designing and building stuff, so I get my building fix that way

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2024, 05:17:30 AM »
I leave most of mine assembled because I buy them for the purpose of display.

Ditto.  When we moved 5 years ago, I had to put a lot of thought as to how I was going to transport the Millennium Falcon.  I ended up shrink-wrapping it to a board, and putting it in the front seat of my truck on a dedicated run between houses.  I was moving about 100 miles, and ended up making at least 10 trips in my truck bringing a variety of things that I wasn't going to leave to the movers.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2024, 08:55:09 AM »
The problem with breaking down and rebuilding the LEGO set is that it becomes a lot more annoying trying to find the pieces since it'll all be in one pile instead of the separate numbered bags to make it easier.  It doesn't really change the building of it, just makes it take longer I guess.   I'm not against the idea of doing that, but it just feels like it's increasing the chances I lose a piece and there's a diminishing returns on my enjoyment building the same thing. 

Granted, when I was a kid and I'd get the sets that I'd build, destroy, and rebuild constantly because those sets were more for playing.  These sets today are more like building a model, than building a toy to play with.  It seems it's not meant to be rebuilt time and time again.  Honestly, even while building my recent falcon, it felt like a lot of it was "building to build" and I could have done things much simpler with different pieces, but I think that's part of the point of it all really.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2024, 10:22:40 AM »
Negative. It's just shelving. Top half is for stuff on display, and the bottom half is a catch-all for all the projects I have in flight, as well as general art supplies. 

Any idea where you got it?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2024, 10:37:11 AM »
When she was younger my older kid and I loved the Lego "Friends" sets. We had so much fun putting them together and playing with them. We had a diner, a water park ride, a barn, a drive-in, and more. When she lost interest in them I tried to keep everything together including the manuals, but now when I take them out to play with my younger kid, it looks like a tornado hit the Lego town. All the buildings are in ruins. But the little one still likes playing with the minifigs and all the structures despite them being in shambles. I've been tempted to toss the whole lot and start over with all new kits.
"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2024, 12:41:36 PM »

That smacks of IKEA (and no knock there; I'm a fan of a lot of their stuff).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2024, 01:10:29 PM »

All the white shelving? Whoever owned the house prior to me built it into the wall.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2024, 02:14:58 PM »
Dang. I'll up my search for something when life settles down.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2024, 07:17:22 PM »
My parents house just been sold  its emotionally bibittersweet.   I miss them so much
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2024, 07:28:06 PM »
My parents house just been sold  its emotionally bibittersweet.   I miss them so much

-man hugs-
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2024, 05:30:15 AM »

Been there, brother.  And I'm with you now, in spirit.   :heart

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2024, 07:04:01 AM »
In other news, a black pickup truck with a big Majesty symbol in the back window cut me off on the interstate. Stay classy DT fans.
Sorry about that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.