Author Topic: 2012-07-13 - Warner Theatre - Washington, DC  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Bytor62

Re: 2012-07-13 - Warner Theatre - Washington, DC
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »
Just got my M&G info.  Now I'm really psyched!!

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:35 AM »
Anyone know if any of the fellas are doing an in store appearance anywhere in DC?
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline Slain

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
Anyone know if any of the fellas are doing an in store appearance anywhere in DC?

I'm not sure, if they are, someone better tell me about it  :biggrin:
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline Evatallica

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
Hey guys, this is my 1st DT concert (first concert actually) and I'm concerned about the hearing. Generally, how loud are DT concerts?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »
Hey guys, this is my 1st DT concert (first concert actually) and I'm concerned about the hearing. Generally, how loud are DT concerts?
They haven't be too loud, compared to rather heavy metal acts. I'd still bring some earplugs, though.  :)
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Bytor62

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
Leaving in a couple minutes for the show.  Have to be there at 5:00 for the M&G.  I'm coming down from Baltimore so want to beat the traffic.  Looks like my son and I will grab a bite at M&S Grill since we will be a little early.  Everyone have a great time!!

Offline MetropolisWatches

• I&W/Awake/SFAM/6 Degrees
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
They haven't be too loud, compared to rather heavy metal acts. I'd still bring some earplugs, though.  :)

I've been to a lot of DT shows, and I've never found them to very loud- especially in comparison to a lot of live acts I've seen.

Offline tedesco23

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
Just back from the show. What a night--I'm in DC right now for a 10-day workshop for my job, and never thought to check to see if DT was playing while I was here. I spent the day in College Park, Maryland, and on the shuttle to the Metro at about 5:15, I grab a seat next to a guy in a DT shirt. I strike up a conversation, and lo and behold, he tells me they are playing in 2+ hours. I have a work function to attend for dinner, but the show is just a few blocks from the restaurant, so I excuse myself at 7:20, dash over, pick up a single ticket (10th row center!), and WHAT A SHOW.

I've seen DT something like 10 times, but all back in the old days (not since the 6DOIT tour), so this was a real treat. Could not take my eyes off Mangini.

Anyway, if by chance that guy from the bus is on this site... THANK YOU!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Just back from the show. What a night--I'm in DC right now for a 10-day workshop for my job, and never thought to check to see if DT was playing while I was here. I spent the day in College Park, Maryland, and on the shuttle to the Metro at about 5:15, I grab a seat next to a guy in a DT shirt. I strike up a conversation, and lo and behold, he tells me they are playing in 2+ hours. I have a work function to attend for dinner, but the show is just a few blocks from the restaurant, so I excuse myself at 7:20, dash over, pick up a single ticket (10th row center!), and WHAT A SHOW.

I've seen DT something like 10 times, but all back in the old days (not since the 6DOIT tour), so this was a real treat. Could not take my eyes off Mangini.

Cool story, it's funny how things work out sometimes.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »

That's really cool, and glad you were able to make the show - the guys are REALLY on fire this leg. :2metal:

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
one of the highlights (aside from the show itself) was hearing soundcheck from outside. not only did they run through backs of angels a few times, but they also rolled through paradigm shift about 4 times, and it sounded like levin was playin with them. i was FLOORED!!!!

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
one of the highlights (aside from the show itself) was hearing soundcheck from outside. not only did they run through backs of angels a few times, but they also rolled through paradigm shift about 4 times, and it sounded like levin was playin with them. i was FLOORED!!!!

oh dang.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »

:omg:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Bytor62

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
Wow, what a great show.  M&G was awesome.  I asked JP about an "Evening With" tour and he said they get a lot of requests for that and will do that next year.  My son and I had front row center seats.  It was just awesome.  Highlights for me were TDEN, JR and JP intro to TSCO, but especially just watching MM on drums.  His expressions and sheer joy in playing are something to see!! 

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
Wow, what a great show.  M&G was awesome. I asked JP about an "Evening With" tour and he said they get a lot of requests for that and will do that next year.  My son and I had front row center seats.  It was just awesome.  Highlights for me were TDEN, JR and JP intro to TSCO, but especially just watching MM on drums.  His expressions and sheer joy in playing are something to see!!
:tup
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
The show was really good!  I was happy to finally check 6:00 and A Fortune in Lies off of my "Haven't seen yet" list.  Lost Not Forgotten was good and I gained a new appreciation for The Dark Eternal Night seeing how they did it this time.  All in all great show.

I was a little confused that my ticket said doors at 7:30 and when I got in there a little before 7:30 that Crimson Projeckt was already on stage... no bother though... all was good and it was a great night!
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 04:17:26 AM »
Wow, what a great show.  M&G was awesome. I asked JP about an "Evening With" tour and he said they get a lot of requests for that and will do that next year.  My son and I had front row center seats.  It was just awesome.  Highlights for me were TDEN, JR and JP intro to TSCO, but especially just watching MM on drums.  His expressions and sheer joy in playing are something to see!!
:tup

YES PLEASE.