Author Topic: 2012-07-13 - Warner Theatre - Washington, DC  (Read 11496 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
2012-07-13 - Warner Theatre - Washington, DC
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
The wife and I are planning on this one... Meet and Greet too.

I was wondering if anybody had any insight as to why the show has not been listed yet on VIP-Nation or Ticketmaster?  Actually, it's not even listed on the venue's site. 

Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:26:45 PM by cyberdrummer »
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Shadow2222

Re: 2012-07-13 - Warner Theatre - Washington, DC
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »
I don't know for sure, but it should probably be up soon. The Cleveland one took an extra week or so to show up (just did today).
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline notkrap

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »
Any tips on pre-sale codes for DC? From the looks of it, you need a CITI card to get advance sales. Any tips for advance purchase are much appreciated! :metal

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:40:29 AM »
Warner Theater doesn't have ANY of their July events posted up yet... do I don't think it's just a DT thing.  I'm sure the tickets will go on sale soon. 
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »
Thanks for the info guys... I'll keep looking for the sale.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
Looks like a ticket broker site already has tickets for sale. I'm guessing these are season ticket holders to the WT that are not interested in DT?

https://theatre-dc.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=1869666&venueID=226
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:55:28 PM by kevinpwrs »
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
Ok, general public sale is Friday May 4th. There is a presale Thursday May 3rd. How/what do we do to get into the presale?

https://www.livenation.com/event/1500489989BF49E5?crosssite=TM_US:744581:172129

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
The Warner Theatre again?  :lol

Fair warning as someone who saw DT there last October: the staff there apparently has no idea how to deal with rock concerts. They're perhaps the most annoying venue staff I've ever seen-the line in my sig, in fact, came from a post about how annoying they were. It's a lovely place for a band to play with not a single bad seat in the house, but watch out for the staff, lol.

In fact, here's what I said about them that night.

The venue staff were the only blight on the whole night. There was a hilarious moment when the doors opened, but before they let you into your seats, where two guys with tickets to the upper balcony went up to a woman that worked for the staff and asked how to get to their seats. Woman pointed them to a stair well and said "You can go up there right now."

They headed for the stair well-where another woman cut them off and sent them away. Our intrepid heroes went back to the first staffer who repeated that they needed to go to the stairs and they could go right up right now. The other staffer sends them back.

This happened ANOTHER time before finally the staffer who was telling them it was okay to go up says "Oh, no, you can't go up yet, they haven't started letting people in."

THE FUNNY PART: both staffers were standing fifteen feet apart.  :rollin

Otherwise, yeah, a couple of times I got my phone out to see what time it was and had someone rush at me, eager to stop me from taking pictures. Chill out, guys.

Great place to see DT otherwise.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »
Yeah, it's a pretty nice venue.  Worked real well for the M&G as well.

As Jaq said, the staff were very vigilant about cameras / cell phones taking pictures.  Also, they allowed people in the back to cram up to the stage, so even though I had a great seat and shouldn't have had a lot of people in front of me, I had a mass of humanity in front of me.  Kind of pissed me off that they let people who bought cheap seats essentially get better spots than I got.

All said, I'll probably look to see them somewhere else this tour, but namely because I would like to add a new city to the places I've seen Dream Theater.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »
We got dead center Row O in the pre sale today. Not bad, but will there be closer seats when tickets go on sale tomorrow? I didn't want to take a chance and lose these seats waiting for the on sale to the general public tomorrow.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »
Meet and Greet tickets purchased today!  This will be our second M&G... looking forward to it!

Anyone have inside info on resturants in DC?  My wife and I plan to arrive early Thursday and depart sometime on Sat... so there will be plenty of time to eat and explore DC.  We will go to Ben's Chili Bowl (thanks Adam Richmond); but, I would like to have a few other options as well.  Any recomendations would be appreciated!

We haven't been to DC since 2004 (9:30 Club)... we're looking forward to it!

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
As a semi-frequent visitor to the city for the past 12 years and a foodie to boot, I can probably help you here.  Are there any kinds of things in particular you want to try or things you don't like?  What about travel?  Ben's isn't particularly close to the venue, so I'm guessing that's not an issue, but I figured I should ask anyway.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
Thank you Dr. ... I appreciate the help.

We're up for anything (except maybe Tai or Indian).  We both love Sushi so any style of Japanese cuisine would work; we also love steak/pork (hmmm... bacon) and almost all American style food so a solid steakhouse would also work (in the vein of Rosie O'Grady's or Ruth's Chris).  I'm adventurous when it comes to food... so feel free to surprise me.  Also, give me your favorite in DC... if you don't mind.

Travel is no problem... as long as it's in the DC/Metro area and we can get there via taxi or Metro.

Again, thank you.

... and congrats on the Dr. designation.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
My Son and I will be coming from North Carolina for this show. We are bringing our bikes and we intend on biking around DC on the 13th and 14th. The day after the show, we will be in the city all day and we want to see some of the Memorials (Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington Monument) after the sun goes down. We have been there before during daylight, but have never seen them after dark. For those who live there, or close to DC, is it safe to be bike riding in that area after dark? We are parking just south of the Jefferson Mem in East Potomac Park. Sorry, I know this is not concert related, but I would welcome input from those who know the area. Thanks.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
@vtgrad and anyone else looking for food.

I ate at Ceiba before the last DT show and ordered from the pre-event menu.  It was something like $30 (just myself), but it was a real nice treat, especially if you've never had South American food.  I would highly recommend this day of show.

Ella's Wood Fired Pizza does really good rustic Italian.  They're near the Verizon Center, got food there before a Wizards game with friends.

I'll give Chinatown it's own section since it is near the convention center and I've been to a few conventions there so I'm familiar with the area.  Chinatown is a pretty cool place to spend half your day and there are lots of cool shops if you just look around.  Also, the smaller places in Chinatown tend to be a little cheaper without sacrificing the quality.  You can get a good lunch for under $8 at most of the small shops.
In Chinatown:
Fado Irish Pub has really good corned beef and cabbage if you're into that sort of thing.
If you like Thai, I'll vouch for Absolute Thai and Royal Thai
The Chinese guys I was with took me to Full Kee and that was pretty good.
Cuba Libre does Cuban right, but a little on the pricy side IMO.

There is a lot in the Adams Morgan section of town as well.  Unfortuantely I've only been to one place there, an Ethiopian restaurant and the name is escaping me right now...it was across the street from basketball and tennis courts.  That probably doesn't help you much, and neither will this, but it was on par with the Ethiopian restaurant in Blacksburg (they opened 4 years ago, so probably after your time there).  Pretty average for Ethiopian I guess, I've had better in other places.

Lastly, I have usually get a major jones for Fine French when I travel to cities, and I'm willing to drop a nice dime for it.  Bistro Lepic over by Georgetown U. has never disappointed me.  Pricy, but they don't have anything like that in SW Va.

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
Ben's Chili Bowl is somewhere you go to more to say you've been there.  The chili really isn't all that impressive.  As a DC area resident I made my required visit there... wasn't really impressed.

Depending on what kind of cuisine you want though there are a lot of options in the city here.... plus the many suburbs offer some great options too!
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline Bytor62

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »
My 16 yo son and I will be heading to this show.  I got him interested in DT about 3 years ago and I think he knows every word to every song now.  We were at the last Warner show and had a great time, surprised him with the M&G this time and he flipped out.  Does anyone know in general what time you have to be at the venue for the M&G?  I will probably take the day off and head down to the area early anyway, but was just wondering.  July 13th can't come soon enough. 

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
I think it started at 7, but I honestly don't remember.

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »
several new seats were released today. 10th row. i picked up a couple.  :D

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »
p.s. if anyone has not been to warner, they're nazis when it comes to taking pics. i saw a very young girl being asked to leave because she snapped a cell phone pic.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
My 16 yo son and I will be heading to this show.  I got him interested in DT about 3 years ago and I think he knows every word to every song now.  We were at the last Warner show and had a great time, surprised him with the M&G this time and he flipped out.  Does anyone know in general what time you have to be at the venue for the M&G?  I will probably take the day off and head down to the area early anyway, but was just wondering.  July 13th can't come soon enough.

Awesome! Love to hear stories like that.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »
Thank you Dr. DTVT... we will definately hit several of those establishments! 

Offline Slain

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
Saw DT when they came to the Warner Theater last year, and I'm going again this year with a Meet and Greet Ticket  :biggrin:

Can't wait.  :tup
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:48:21 PM by Slain »
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 04:36:10 AM »
Two center section seats for this concert for sale. Show is Friday July 13 at 7:30. We got an upgrade and I need to sell these tickets. The seats are lower level, center orchestra, Row O, seats 115 and 116. These seats are just a little left of dead center and going by the Livenation seating chart, are 16 rows from the stage. With fees, tickets were $72 each (144 for the pair) but I will knock off the fees and will take $50 for each ticket.  If interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »
I'm bumping this thread up. Hopefully someone will see that I have two great seats for sale at a fantastic price. Notice the post above this one. If you know someone interested in this show, point them this way! Thanks.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
Wow! can't believe that I still have these tickets. Somebody must know someone that wants almost dead center seats, 16 rows from the stage. See my above posts for info. Can meet in front of Warner Theater night of the show.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »

you should get an email from VIP nation during the week of your show. it will tell you when and where you should be

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
@kevinpwrs  plenty of seats still available as they keep releasing tickets..you might have a hard time moving these as those who already wanted tickets have theirs and if they choose to upgrade to yours than they would get stuck with their seats
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
@kevinpwrs check email on here... :D

also, i'll be at the show. row M seats 120-121. STOKED!  :metal

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
@kevinpwrs  plenty of seats still available as they keep releasing tickets..you might have a hard time moving these as those who already wanted tickets have theirs and if they choose to upgrade to yours than they would get stuck with their seats

There are some in the right and left orchestra, lower level, but the center orchestra is sold out. Except for 1 single seat in the very last row. I dont want anyone to get stuck with tickets upgrading to these. I'm hoping a DT fan needing tix will see or hear about these and jump all over them. Center orchestra, almost center and 16 rows back.  I put them on the DC Craiglist this morning. Thanks.

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Tickets have been sold. Big thank you to phentalmyst for getting me in touch with your friend. See you at Warner!

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
 :metal

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
Woo!  Show is this week!!

Offline Slain

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »

I'm so pumped. Can't wait!  :metal
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »

I'm so pumped. Can't wait!  :metal

Indeed!  Wife and I are doing a full day in DC before the show seeing some exhibits and such that we've been wanting to check out as well as dinner.  A day out without the kid and a DT show.  Ahhhh.