Author Topic: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)  (Read 124609 times)

Offline Ruba

Re: The Ask Lonestar Thread
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »

what are your thoughts on Racheal Ray?

I'd fuck her, her show bugs me though.

Oh Yeaaaaa :hat

:lol.

lonestar, if you were a woman for a day, what would you like to do?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2012, 12:57:24 AM »

You mean after I spent hours playing with my vag and tits?  It depends if the attraction to the opposite sex came with it.  If I became attracted to guys, and only had one day, I'd look to get fucked.  If the attraction to guys didn't come with the equipment, I'd probably just keep playing with my vag and boobs, or dress hot, go to a bar, find a drunk slutty girl, and have epic gay sex with her.  I mean it's only one day, why the fuck would I do anything else other than get as many orgasms out of my tempbox as I can.  Of course knowing my luck I'd end up being on the rag that day and spend it on the couch eating Ben&Jerry's and watching Oprah.

(JK ladies, love you all :heart: )
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:04:00 AM by lonestar »

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »
Who even does that! Sex and the City is the go to show. Also Ben&Jerry's is too expensive, you gotta look in the sale section in case there's cheap cake/choccie/pie going. And where's your hot water bottle?? Not to mention a pack of tissues on standby.

YOU'RE DOING THIS ALL WRONG LONESTAR, GAWD.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
HE'S ONLY BEEN A HYPOTHETICAL FEMALE FOR ONE DAY, GIVE HIM A FUCKING BREAK.

Geez, there's one sentence I never thought I'd have to type.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2012, 06:17:59 AM »
Just making sure he does it RIGHT.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2012, 06:23:39 AM »
He is doing it right.  For a man's brain in a woman's body.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
Who even does that! Sex and the City is the go to show. Also Ben&Jerry's is too expensive, you gotta look in the sale section in case there's cheap cake/choccie/pie going. And where's your hot water bottle?? Not to mention a pack of tissues on standby.

I fucking love you Tahlia. :heart

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2012, 08:02:01 AM »
I suggest you go out for a drive somewhere, then attempt to parallel park, just to see if you're still any good at either.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »
I suggest you go out for a drive somewhere, then attempt to parallel park, just to see if you're still any good at either.

Many years ago, my ex's grandpa was prescribed estrogen for some condition.  In the middle of a huge family function when asked how it was going, he replied"fine, I just can't seem to parallel park any more"  Froze the whole room, God I loved that man.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
:rollin  Fucking awesome.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »
I recently went to the Bay Area of SF for about a week and totally fell in love. My mom is letting my apply to only ONE college in CA and I can only go in the financial aid i s excellent.
Is Stanford pretty much my only choice regarding financial aid?
(If yes, can I move in with you so I can go to a state school crazy cheap? I mean, my mom probably won't mind me moving in with a middle-aged stranger at all.)

But seriously. I need to find an efficient way to get out there.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »
First off, you were in the area and didn't say a single fucking thing, wtf??

Ok, I'm probably the last person to ask about stanfurd, but I do know that their aid is excellent, and you got the hair for the school all ready, won't have to dye it on gameday. I believe to establish residency requires an adress for six months, which might be better cause Berkeley is a vastly superior school, just speaking from an alum's point of view, that is.

I'd like to hear more about your visit though, where you went, what you did, etc.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »

You mean after I spent hours playing with my vag and tits?  It depends if the attraction to the opposite sex came with it.  If I became attracted to guys, and only had one day, I'd look to get fucked.  If the attraction to guys didn't come with the equipment, I'd probably just keep playing with my vag and boobs, or dress hot, go to a bar, find a drunk slutty girl, and have epic gay sex with her.  I mean it's only one day, why the fuck would I do anything else other than get as many orgasms out of my tempbox as I can.  Of course knowing my luck I'd end up being on the rag that day and spend it on the couch eating Ben&Jerry's and watching Oprah.

(JK ladies, love you all :heart: )

Sounds like a great day.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Sorry! I actually did think about it, but this is my first time on DTF in ages and I didn't know how to go about talking about it.

Hm, maybe I'll get a scholarship from Stanford for my hair color? I've actually heard of colleges doing that  :lol

And I hope you know I was kidding about staying! I could seriously be 80 years old and you wouldn't know.

YOU WENT TO BERKELEY?!!  :hefdaddy My CA school is either going to be  that UC Santa Cruz, your alma mater being pretty much my dream school.

I took a trip with my high school's show/a Capella choir (yeah yeah, laugh if you must) because we always take a badass community service trip and perform and stuff and it takes months of selling crappy donuts but somehow it always happens.
Anyway, we stayed at Fisherman's Wharf (which is beyond beautiful), performed at Pier 39, Laguna Honda Hospital, and an elderly home that I sadly can't remember the name of. I ate at In-and-Out Burger for the first time ever, went to Alcatraz in the pouring rain at night, saw sea lions, walked through the Haight-Ashbury district, went to Twin Peaks, walked the Golden Gate bridge, decided I wanted to live in Muir Woods (and kissed a banana slug for good luck there), participated in the Save the Bay prject by planting like 350 trees, sang at Grace Cathedral (oh my god. most unbelievable performance ever. 9 second reverb.), and just overall fell in love with the city. I've never made a connection with a place so fast. It's so different from any other major city I've ever seen.

Sorry that was so long, but I could go on forever.We managed to do a LOT. :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
OK, first off, I will never laugh at choir, my daughter has done that and musical theater since she was 8.  I still love the bay like that, and I've lived here 36 years(yes, twice as long as you've been alive), there truly is no other like it.  You didn't even scratch the surface either, the diversity is never ending, especially when you get to Berkeley and Oakland, so many great towns.  If you are thinking about it, keep in mind that both UCs are really hard to get into, I have no clue what your resume is like(probably really good since you;re such a smart cookie), but be prepared to have to be perfect to get in, especially Berkeley, their standards are a lot higher since I went there. ::)  As much smack as I talk about Stanfurd, since they are my arch rival, it is a fantastic school, and the application process might be a bit more forgiving and the aid a little more forthcoming, you might want to look into it. Good to hear from you again kid, don't be such a fucking stranger, ok?

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »

I fucking love you Tahlia. :heart

Aww babe, that's the hormones talking there  ;)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »
As much smack as I talk about Stanfurd, since they are my arch rival, it is a fantastic school, and the application process might be a bit more forgiving and the aid a little more forthcoming, you might want to look into it.

You think? From everything I know Stanford is a fair bit harder to get into that Berkeley (I got into Berkeley but didn't even apply to Stanford so I can't really compare).

But yeah, they might be a bit nicer with the financial aid, especially since the UCs pull no punches when it comes to fucking over out of staters of all of their money.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
As much smack as I talk about Stanfurd, since they are my arch rival, it is a fantastic school, and the application process might be a bit more forgiving and the aid a little more forthcoming, you might want to look into it.

You think? From everything I know Stanford is a fair bit harder to get into that Berkeley (I got into Berkeley but didn't even apply to Stanford so I can't really compare).

But yeah, they might be a bit nicer with the financial aid, especially since the UCs pull no punches when it comes to fucking over out of staters of all of their money.
Stanfurd accepts on a case by case basis,so they might see something in a person with ok grades and take them,Berkeley don't give a fuck.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
As a Giants fan, what's your opinion on Barry Bonds?  The perception is that Bay area fans didn't mind the fact he was juicing.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
You may have answered this already, but what is the worst part about your job?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
If you were given a blank check to visit the country of your choice, where would you go and why?

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
OK, first off, I will never laugh at choir, my daughter has done that and musical theater since she was 8.  I still love the bay like that, and I've lived here 36 years(yes, twice as long as you've been alive), there truly is no other like it.  You didn't even scratch the surface either, the diversity is never ending, especially when you get to Berkeley and Oakland, so many great towns.  If you are thinking about it, keep in mind that both UCs are really hard to get into, I have no clue what your resume is like(probably really good since you;re such a smart cookie), but be prepared to have to be perfect to get in, especially Berkeley, their standards are a lot higher since I went there. ::)  As much smack as I talk about Stanfurd, since they are my arch rival, it is a fantastic school, and the application process might be a bit more forgiving and the aid a little more forthcoming, you might want to look into it. Good to hear from you again kid, don't be such a fucking stranger, ok?

Thanks lonestar...and will do :)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
Lonestar, are you still in touch with your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?

Sorry if this has already been asked.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
:rollin

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
As a Giants fan, what's your opinion on Barry Bonds?  The perception is that Bay area fans didn't mind the fact he was juicing.

Boy that's a loaded question.  First off, since our collection of arms and nobodies won the title, we have all pretty much forgotten about Barry.  At the time though, we supported him, even though he was juicing.  It was part of the era, and most fans supported a player of their team when he was busted, Barry just happened to be the most high profile, and quite the asshole to boot.  On the other hand, he was making the home run title run, and had us within six outs of a title, so success like that for a fanbase hungry for it, we were forgiving too.  In the end, his douchiness won out, and most of the bay doesn't really give a fuck anymore.

You may have answered this already, but what is the worst part about your job?

The schedule, working late nights, weekends, and all holidays really hampers with fitting into "normal" society, especially for me, since the bar life isn't really an option anymore.

If you were given a blank check to visit the country of your choice, where would you go and why?

Honestly, one of my biggest dreams is to rent a motor home, take six months off, and tour this great land of mine.  There is so much beauty and diversity in the US, and I do love my country so much, that it would be a shame to waste such a deal on another land before first becoming intimate with my own.  If it is an outside country you are asking about, it would have to be Ireland, it is the land of my father's family, and a culture I have always identified with.

Lonestar, are you still in touch with your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?

No, and the cocksucker still owes me a c-note.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »
With all the California Bears being drafted, how come you guys didn't have a better season last year?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
Sign me up.

Anyway, what was the first thing you ever cooked in a professional setting, for an actual person, and how did it turn out?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:22 AM »
With all the California Bears being drafted, how come you guys didn't have a better season last year?

:(

Just further proof that a consistent QB is necessary for success, no matter how good the D is.  We had dominant games against the top two teams in the Pac12, Oregon and Stanfurd, but in the other games, Maynard was a fucking football sprinkler.

Sign me up.

Anyway, what was the first thing you ever cooked in a professional setting, for an actual person, and how did it turn out?

I honestly have no clue, that was over twenty years and about 50,000 beers ago(figuring on the loose count of a six pack a night times 365 times 20).  My first jobs were in coffee shops so it was probably a burger or breakfast or a club sandwich.  My first dish I was truly proud of was a lamb stew served shepards pie style(baked with a mashed potato crust on top), and it was a hit, which was probably why I was so proud of it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »
Hey Chef, why do the ladies keep harrassing/bullying AndyDT? :neverusethis:

SRSLY, what is the most difficult food item you've ever cooked/prepared?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2012, 07:23:29 PM »
We did a duck consomme for the millenium dinner that was a three day labor of love.  Day one was cleaning the ducks, roasting the bones and prepping the veggies for the stock.  The stock cooked for about eight hours, and was strained twice through first a fine mesh collandier, then cheesecloth.  The stock was then reduced by half to instensify the flavor, but had to be done slowely, barely boiling, so that the solid particles left didn't break up and cloud the stock.  After that, the stock was put over a pilot light and a "raft" was put on top.  This is a mixture of egg whites, veggies, and herbs, and when the egg whites cook up, they form a raft over the stock, so that when it slowly circulates, the solid particles left get trapped in the raft, leaving a crystal clear, intensely flavored duck stock, a consomme.  We served this in a small bowl with flakes of 24k gold floating on top(it was a six course, $250 meal, and really, how often do you get to cook for the turn of the century).  All around, doing a consomme properly, is as delicate as they come for me.

Only one day left, and tomorrow's a busy one for me, I'll answer my last questions after work tomorrow, then turn it over to Chino for questions about gravity.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
Important question...

Who was phone?

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
So I might be visiting SF at the end of may/beginning of june. I don't really have a question, more just the demand that we meet up.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Ok, along those lines... if you can spare an hour or so when you're up in the NY state area for your daughter's grad, I would be willing to make the drive down to buy you a bee.... soda.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
What's your opinion on electronic music?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
So I might be visiting SF at the end of may/beginning of june. I don't really have a question, more just the demand that we meet up.

I'm usually available Tues. and Wed., and can't ask for extra days off due to my vacation at the end of June.  PM/FB me when you're more concrete on your plans and we will make it happen.

Ok, along those lines... if you can spare an hour or so when you're up in the NY state area for your daughter's grad, I would be willing to make the drive down to buy you a bee.... soda.

That's a tougher one, the only free time I got I will be spending with my Mom at Niagra falls, maybe a quick lunch hook up there if you don't mind Momstar coming along, we'll talk.

What's your opinion on electronic music?
Haven't really heard anything I like, but I'm always open to new stuff.