Author Topic: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)  (Read 124669 times)

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)
« Reply #1540 on: June 19, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
black_floyd:

What do you think of Comic Sans?
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1541 on: June 19, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
Tacky as fuck in any non-whimsical usage but no more tacky than the uppity clods whom lose their shit about other people using it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1542 on: June 19, 2016, 04:33:14 PM »
10 points for black_floyd

Next category: Fitness Gurus

Question:  What do you think of Richard Simmons?  Ha ha, seriously though, what do you think of Richard Simmons?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1543 on: June 19, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
Tacky as fuck in any non-whimsical usage but no more tacky than the uppity clods whom lose their shit about other people using it.

:heart
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1544 on: June 19, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
10 points for black_floyd

Next category: Fitness Gurus

Question:  What do you think of Richard Simmons?  Ha ha, seriously though, what do you think of Richard Simmons?

Dude's fuckin hilarious. His and David Letterman's banter during their many 90s interviews was fucking awesome.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1545 on: June 19, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
I must agree.  It sometimes seemed like Dave only had him on because a lot of people considered Simmons a joke, a ridiculous guy pretty much good for being laughed at and not much else, but Simmons would have none of it and just did his thing (in other words, he was just himself) and Dave often seemed frustrated and embarrassed and didn't know what to do.  And it was all much more entertaining than it should have been.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1546 on: June 19, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »
I think as time wore on, the two became fond of each other and the whole thing was an orchestrated façade.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1547 on: June 19, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
Dave was so sarcastic, so obnoxious sometimes, that it was hard to tell if he ever really liked anyone or anything.  You could never tell how serious he really was about anything.  But I suspect you're right.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1548 on: June 21, 2016, 09:23:10 PM »
How'd you get that fancy "Moderator Emeritus" status and how come I don't have one?!?

edit:  (uhh... lol, I was replying to the "Ask splent" version of this... apparently I missed the boat though).

Either bosk or Rich gave it to me when I had to step back after my daughter was born.
I don’t know what to put here anymore