Author Topic: 2012-07-18/19 - Paramount Theater - Huntington, NY  (Read 59559 times)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Re: 2012-07-18/19 - Paramount Theater - Huntington, NY
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
I really just hope they don't play the same setlist two nights in a row.
They must know that people will see both shows. I would be incredibly disappointed if they played the same set twice...
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline FrostbiteZ

Re: Tickets to giveaway
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »
 MetropolisWatches was the only one who wished a free ticket and he got the ticket for the show on the 18th of july. I still have a ticket for the 19th, so if anyone interested or know someone who could just email me. First reply gets it

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »
listening to my first DT show (wallingford, ct 8/22/07) getting excited for next week. next week will be DT show #6 for me. not that much but its always great.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »
Something tells me one of these two nights they'll play ADTOE in it's entirety by CD tracklisting order but they only thing shooting that theory down is that they probably don't have a plan B on what to open with if BitS was pushed back in the set list.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2012, 09:00:22 AM »
Something tells me one of these two nights they'll play ADTOE in it's entirety by CD tracklisting order but they only thing shooting that theory down is that they probably don't have a plan B on what to open with if BitS was pushed back in the set list.

Well, they have been playing a lot of strong openers: PMU, Metropolis, As I Am, Root. I think they will find a suitable way to open the shows ;) Probably PMU would be the best, beginning ex abrupto just after Dream Is Collapsing collapses  :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2012, 09:00:33 AM »
looking at the setlist, i wouldnt mind a start with war inside my head/TTTSTA. good live songs full of energy to start a show off

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
wasteland I see what you're saying and it would work but I believe nothing is gonna have the same impact as Dream is Collapsing followed by the BiTS intro, it just hypnotizes the audience into chills that escalates into major excitement. I don't remember blinking from the first moment in DiC until the lights fall on JP playing the first riff. That is exactly 4 minutes of trance I felt on all 4 ADTOE shows I've been to and I don't think it was just me.
DT figures a lot of fan are going to both concerts but I'm thinking they wouldn't risk the new audience and reviewers missing out on this production. But then again DT rarely cares about stuff like that and might do it anyway.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
i think anything can follow dream is collapsing. they start the BiTS intro tape right after, so starting a song in its place would be cool having inception as the direct intro, rather that first of 2

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
wasteland I see what you're saying and it would work but I believe nothing is gonna have the same impact as Dream is Collapsing followed by the BiTS intro, it just hypnotizes the audience into chills that escalates into major excitement. I don't remember blinking from the first moment in DiC until the lights fall on JP playing the first riff. That is exactly 4 minutes of trance I felt on all 4 ADTOE shows I've been to and I don't think it was just me.
DT figures a lot of fan are going to both concerts but I'm thinking they wouldn't risk the new audience and reviewers missing out on this production. But then again DT rarely cares about stuff like that and might do it anyway.

Well, they could play ADTOE to start the show, and swap BITS with OTBOA. Not very clean, but it saves goat and cabbage  :biggrin:
- Marco

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
:lol maybe!
Do you think there's a possibility they'll play a cover album?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
:lol maybe!
Do you think there's a possibility they'll play a cover album?

I would say that it's almost as likely as a monkey coming up with the lyrics of metropolis randmly typing on a JR's keyboard.  :lol
- Marco

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
That's what I was thinking hehe, even though this is the kind of situation they would have used to do it 10 years ago.

Offline fusion420

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
I really just hope they don't play the same setlist two nights in a row.

Ditto. The consensus here seems to be there's no way in hell this will happen right? I paid top dollar for Row B seats both of these nights, so I will definitely feel cheated if I dropped over $200 to hear the same set list twice.

Offline fusion420

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
Just want to add,  isn't this the first tour in a long time (possibly ever?) where they haven't been switching up a couple songs every night? I'm used to DT having the "A and B" set list thing, but I'm seeing the same exact set list every night over on setlist.fm...

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
Just want to add,  isn't this the first tour in a long time (possibly ever?) where they haven't been switching up a couple songs every night? I'm used to DT having the "A and B" set list thing, but I'm seeing the same exact set list every night over on setlist.fm...
I believe its the first tour with a primarily static setlist since Jordan joined the band in 1999.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
OKAY so I have ONE TICKET FOR SALE to the Thursday, July 19th show. It is one of the up close seats, Section 101, Row G, on the right side close to Petrucci. Price is $107 to be paid asap via PayPal. Email me at mike@mikerood.com

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »
OKAY so I have ONE TICKET FOR SALE to the Thursday, July 19th show. It is one of the up close seats, Section 101, Row G, on the right side close to Petrucci. Price is $107 to be paid asap via PayPal. Email me at mike@mikerood.com

Don't need the ticket, already set for both shows. But did stop by your site and played the tunes. Damned good stuff! Need to hear more, so I placed an order...

Offline composure77

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
Regardless that they are playing on the 18th as well as the 19th, i will be dissapointed if they dont open with BITS since i only have a ticket to the 19th  :-\ we'll just have to wait and find out i guess, BITS and LNF are the main two songs i would like to see. A whole album cover would be really cool to see though!

Offline fusion420

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »
Regardless that they are playing on the 18th as well as the 19th, i will be dissapointed if they dont open with BITS since i only have a ticket to the 19th  :-\ we'll just have to wait and find out i guess, BITS and LNF are the main two songs i would like to see. A whole album cover would be really cool to see though!

Maybe I am living in the past, and there is basically no chance this is happening, but damn would I love to see Scenes from a Memory played all the way through again (lucky enough to have caught this twice at Roseland back in 2000, one was for the DVD filming).

Offline DT2003

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »

Maybe I am living in the past, and there is basically no chance this is happening, but damn would I love to see Scenes from a Memory played all the way through again (lucky enough to have caught this twice at Roseland back in 2000, one was for the DVD filming).

It's funny my friend and I saw them play that entire album 3 times during the SFaM tours, but even so I was just saying to my friend the other night at PNC how I doubt it would ever happen unless it was an anniversary or something but I would LOVE to see SFaM played in it's entirety again.

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
Going to Thursday show.  Grew up in Huntington, didn't think I'd ever see them play there.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »
DT posted a Facebook photo of JP rehearsing with Adrian Belew with the caption that they are workign on things to come.  I interpret this to mean that DT and Crimson Projeckt will be playing some songs together at the Huntington show.  Very curious to find out which songs they will jam.

Offline MetropolisWatches

• I&W/Awake/SFAM/6 Degrees
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »

You are a very lucky man.

Offline DT2003

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 07:04:31 AM »
Given their recent history, am I the only one who thinks that they are most likely going to play the same exact setlist both nights?  I hope not as that would suck for the fans going to both shows if that did happen, but I just have a feeling that they aren't going to change it up at all. 

Offline fusion420

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »
Given their recent history, am I the only one who thinks that they are most likely going to play the same exact setlist both nights?  I hope not as that would suck for the fans going to both shows if that did happen, but I just have a feeling that they aren't going to change it up at all.

That's what I'm afraid of! You'd think they would plan something special for ONE of the nights, at very least switch up a couple songs. I guess no way to know until we go!!!

Side note: Anyone know what time Crimson Prokekct has been starting? Tickets say 8 pm but I have an itchy feeling that if we walk in at 8 CP will already be on/done...

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »
well we know that paradigm shift might be a surprise, so that can happen on either night

Offline fusion420

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »
well we know that paradigm shift might be a surprise, so that can happen on either night

How do we know that? Sorry if it's been discussed here already, but this is news to me...

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
someone in another show thread heard the band running through that song during soundcheck. and tony levin is part of the crimson projekt so it makes sense

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
The day has arrived!  Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh booooooooyyyyy!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline complexx

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »

I was at both of those shows too, memories I'll never forget, and bar far, my favorites.  I'm sure they will eventually do it, but I doubt any time soon.  MM has a lot of songs to learn!

Offline fusion420

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »

I was at both of those shows too, memories I'll never forget, and bar far, my favorites.  I'm sure they will eventually do it, but I doubt any time soon.  MM has a lot of songs to learn!

Yeah I don't think it gets any better than those shows! Esp. the DVD filming... ACoS encore!!!!

Good point about MM. It'll take some time.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
I was sort of hoping the second night would be Images & Words in its entirety, since it's the 20th anniversary and all. I know one of the Texas shows added PMU and Another Day (since it was the specific date of the anniversary), but I'd really like to hear the whole thing.

In all honesty, I just want them to play Learning to Live. I've seen them live in NY for every show (and sometimes double shows) since like 2004, around 11 in total, and I haven't heard it once. Metropolis is one of my favorites as well, but they've played it at least half the times I've seen them.

Offline fusion420

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
I was sort of hoping the second night would be Images & Words in its entirety, since it's the 20th anniversary and all. I know one of the Texas shows added PMU and Another Day (since it was the specific date of the anniversary), but I'd really like to hear the whole thing.

In all honesty, I just want them to play Learning to Live. I've seen them live in NY for every show (and sometimes double shows) since like 2004, around 11 in total, and I haven't heard it once. Metropolis is one of my favorites as well, but they've played it at least half the times I've seen them.

I&W would make me so happy. If they don't do something out of the ordinary at one of these shows, or at very least switch up a handful of songs, they're just doing their "hometown" fans a huge disservice.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

I&W would make me so happy. If they don't do something out of the ordinary at one of these shows, or at very least switch up a handful of songs, they're just doing their "hometown" fans a huge disservice.
Not to mention they're playing the same venue two nights in a row. They're going to definitely need to switch some things up between tonight's show and tomorrow's show.

Its just a theory, but could we possibly see some newer tunes played tonight or tomorrow that could make it to the DVD filming next month?

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
Is there any kind of pre-show meetup taking place for fans?  I haven't heard anything.  I think ZepDT and I will be at a bar across from the venue before the show tonight.  Not sure what it's called.  Look for my backwards DT cap if you want to say hi!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):