Author Topic: Shadows Fall  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Metal

Shadows Fall
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »
Have released a song from their new album, streaming here:

https://www.noisecreep.com/2012/03/29/shadows-fall-fire-from-the-sky-song/

I've always enjoyed these guys, they put on a good live show as well.  I have a feeling this disc will be joining me in the weight room for quite a while.
 :metal
Don't know where you live, but if your ever in Berkeley, dinner's on me.  Thanks man!!!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Shadows Fall
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
I'll never understand why these guys didn't truly make it big. They were so close. Around the time of their 4th album every magazine and metalhead were calling them the next big thing in metal, this generation's Metallica, etc. But it seems like their popularity has waned in recent years. I wonder why.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Metal

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I always thought 'Threads of Life' kinda killed their steam a little bit.  I saw them on the supporting tour from 'The War Within', and they were completely on top of their game.  I liked ToL, but it didn't have quite the groove that TWW did for me.  I enjoyed 'Retribution', but I didn't give it very many spins.  This new song sounds good to me though, hopefully the entire album keeps up this pace.
Don't know where you live, but if your ever in Berkeley, dinner's on me.  Thanks man!!!

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »
I really liked Retribution, have to be in a certain mood to listen to it though. New song sounds pretty cool.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »
I really love The War Within, great record.  I never really explored further than that album although I do own I think about 3 of their records. Good band.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Metal

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
Another new song from the album, This one is 'The Unknown'

https://www.metalsucks.net/2012/04/24/exclusive-premiere-shadows-fall-the-unknown/

:metal

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
Had to bump this.  I really love these guys.  Found out about them in 2004 thanks to Guitar Hero.  Been buying their music ever since.  My 4 favorite albums are The War Within. Threads of Life, Retribution, and Fire in the Sky.  I also have Madness in Manila (Live) from 2010.  Great live album.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White