Author Topic: Your Top Five Live Shows  (Read 7607 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Your Top Five Live Shows
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »
Rush
Dream theater
Smashing pumpkins
Rammstein
King crimson 

Offline Imaginos

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
1) King's X - June 24, 2016, St. Charles, IL

Groove Machine
The World Around Me
Pillow
Flies and Blue Skies
Vegetable
(Thinking and Wondering) What I'm Gonna Do
Everybody Knows a Little Bit of Something
A Box
Over My Head
Over and Over
Pleiades
We Were Born to be Loved
Go Tell Somebody
Dogman
Goldilox

2) Van Halen - April 29, 2012, St. Louis

Unchained
Runnin With the Devil
She's the Woman
The Full Bug
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
China Town
Hear About it Later
Pretty Woman
Drum Solo
You Really Got Me
The Trouble With Never
Dance the Night Away
I'll Wait
Hot for Teacher
Women in Love
Outta Love Again
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Guitar Solo :hefdaddy
Ain't Talkin Bout Love
Jump

3) Rush - R40 tour, May 14, 2015, St. Louis

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll The Bones
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres Prelude
Cygnus X-1
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture, Syrinx, Presentation, Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man

4) Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2013 tour, September 8, St. Louis. Megadeth also opened, which I was very excited about, but I ended up missing their first few songs due to traffic. They didn't play long, and it was all just standard hits, plus Kingmaker, since Super Collider had recently come out

Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes to Midnight
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

5) Alice Cooper - July 9, 2014, St. Louis. Opening for Motley Crue

Hello Hooray
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
I'm Eighteen
Billion Dollar Babies
Poison
Dirty Diamonds
Welcome to My Nightmare
Feed My Frankenstein
Ballad of Dwight Fry/Killer/I Love the Dead (With Guillotine)
School's Out

I saw him again last year, and he played a much longer set with great stuff like Halo Of Flies and Long Way to Go, but nothing will ever top the first time I saw him play Ballad of Dwight Fry (one of my absolute favorite songs) and get decapitated. Easily the coolest thing I've ever seen at a concert.

Honorable mention: Judas Priest - November 9, 2011 in Springfield IL. It was my first concert, they were fantastic and played a great set

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 08:52:24 PM »

I saw him again last year, and he played a much longer set with great stuff like Halo Of Flies and Long Way to Go, but nothing will ever top the first time I saw him play Ballad of Dwight Fry (one of my absolute favorite songs) and get decapitated. Easily the coolest thing I've ever seen at a concert.

Bolded two of the greatest tunes in American classic hard rock. I actually consider Halo Of Flies to be the original progressive metal tune.

As DTF's biggest Alice Cooper fan, I applaud your listing of his show. He makes my list for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Imaginos

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »

Bolded two of the greatest tunes in American classic hard rock. I actually consider Halo Of Flies to be the original progressive metal tune.

As DTF's biggest Alice Cooper fan, I applaud your listing of his show. He makes my list for sure.

Thanks, I'm seeing him again in a few months, it'll be my third time. I'll never forget the first time I saw him and the piano intro of Dwight Fry started playing over the loudspeakers. I wasn't really up to date on what he typically played in his shows so I wasn't expecting him to play it, and I'll admit I got a little teary eyed.

And Halo of Flies is 8 minutes of perfection. So many changes and each part is better than the last. Great lyrics too, I've always loved "I've got a watch that turns into a lifeboat"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 06:50:37 AM »
I'm really struggling with this.  I've seen so many great shows...   I've got two or perhaps three of them already, but I'll see if I can narrow it down to five today.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »
I'm really struggling with this.  I've seen so many great shows...   I've got two or perhaps three of them already, but I'll see if I can narrow it down to five today.

Same here.  I saw this thread yesterday and wanted to add my list, but really am having a hard time figuring it out.  I definitely don't have some of those classic concerts like some others or any really memorable ones from a dvd filming or anything.  However, I think one of the two Iron Maiden shows from 08 will make my list like many others.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »
Damn, talk about reviving a dead thread.

Not sure if I'd adjust my list in the OP, though I can say that Anathema and SW gave those shows a run for their money for sure.

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
I really wanted to post my top 5, but I have top 5's for different reasons. Like best technical performances, or that fucking rocked performances, emotional and so on.
Some favorites
Many shows by The Who, Led Zeppelin, Porcupine Tree, Chickenfoot, Van Hagar, Transatlantic and Neal Morse and more than a few DT shows.
Damn I wish I had caught the DSOTM tour.

Caught it twice. Here in Dallas and at the Hollywood Bowl (worth the trip).  Honestly, the show probably wouldn't have made the list based solely on the concert, but looking at the overall picture it certainly should qualify.  Talk about a spectacle. 

not my picture

I too was at this show and have a mighty fine recording as well   ;D

Offline bundy

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
Yes Sydney Entertainment Centre -  September 2003 (Full Circle Tour - Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, Squire, White)
 Easily the best concert I've ever seen. The sound was stunning and the versions of Awaken, And You And I and Don't Kill the Whale were mesmerising.

Iron Maiden Thebarton Town Hall Adelaide South Australia 1982 (Beast on the Road Tour - Dickinson, Harris, Murray Smith, Burr)
Probably the loudest concert Iv'e been to. My ears were ringing for two days. The fact I was two metres from the front of the stage and about 4metres from the left hand side speaker bank, probably had something to do with it. Great setlist that included most of the Number of the Beast album, Running Free, Iron Maiden, Phantom of the Opera and Murders In the Rue Morgue.

Tangerine Dream Thebarton Town Hall Adelaide South Australia 1982 (Edgar Froese, Chris Franke, Johannes Schmolling)
Easily the sparsest concert I've seen. Completely instrumental withnot a single word spoken. They came on to a fairly minimalist stage, played their music for two hours and then exited to raptuour applause. It was one of those occasions where words eedn't be said - The music spoke for itself. Incredible!!

Dream Theater Metro City Perth Western Australia December 2009 (Labrie, Petrucci, Portnoy, Ruddess, Myung) Great show and seeing them in a relatively small venue really added to the atmosphere. Pain of Salvation were the support. I'm not at all familiar with them, but their 30 minute set was sensational. Portnoy came out and took over on drums for one particular piece which for me was the highlight of the entire evening. If anyone has any idea what that track is and the album it's off, I would really like to know. It was pretty epic. Went for about 10 - 12 minutes and after starting off fairly atmospheric and laid back, steadily built to a real crescendo during which MP absolutely belted the crap out of his set. A great way to set the scene for the main act of the night.

These are the real obvious ones for me. Far too many others to choose from to pick the 5th.
Hey there, Bundy!
Is there any chance you still have your TD Adelaide '82 stub?
For the past 2 years I've been working on a 10x13" coffee table book of their concert memorabilia for a publisher (currently at 350 pages, with over 920 images of passes, tickets, flyers, posters, contracts, riders, stage plots, itineraries, programs, invites, stage plots, etc.), and would LOVE to include it if you still had it!
Please let me know - and thanks!
Brad

Hi Brad

I wish I could help you out, but I don't have any of my concert stubs prior to about 2005. Up until then I never saw them as something worth keeping, let alone something that may even end up being cool let alone, in some cases being of value, even if only historical or nostalgic. Consequently, up until about 2005, all of my concert stubs ended up in the nearest bin once I had entered the venue.  :facepalm: I don't even want to think of my complete collection of 1981 -1983 Sounds magazines and many really cool Rodney Matthews and Chris Foss posters I had on my wall around that time which I also ended up binning in the early 90s when I moved house.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Good luck with the book. i would be interested in finding out details on how to obtain a copy once you've published it. Fortunately  I do still have all of my vinyl including Australian pressings of Phaedra, Rubycon, Cyclone, Thief, Ricochet, White Eagle and Hypoborea. Don't know if digital images of any of those would be interest, but I'm happy to supply if you would like any. Still remember the first time I heard TD back in 1980. Went out the very next day and bought Cyclone, still my favourite. The Dream have been one of my top 10, probably top 5 acts ever since.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
In chronological order:

Iron Maiden/Judas Priest, New Haven Coliseum  October 9, 1982
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Wrathchild
3. Run To The Hills
4. Children of the Damned
5. The Number of the Beast
6. 22 Acacia Avenue
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Iron Maiden
9. Drifter

The Hellion
1. Electric Eye
2. Riding on the Wind
3. Heading Out to the Highway
4. Metal Gods
5. Bloodstone
6. Breaking the Law
7. Sinner
8. Desert Plains
9. The Ripper
10. Diamonds & Rust
11. Devil's Child
12. Screaming for Vengeance
13. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
14. Victim of Changes
15. Living After Midnight
16. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
17. Hell Bent for Leather

U2, Hartford Civic Center, May 08, 1987
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. MLK
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bullet The Blue Sky ("Outside is America... outside is HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT!")
7. Running To Stand Still
8. A Sort Of Homecoming
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Exit/Riders On The Storm (snippet)
11. In God's Country
12. Trip Through Your Wires
13. C'mon Everybody
14. Bad
15. October
16. Springhill Mining Disaster
17. New Year's Day
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
19. Mothers Of The Disappeared,
20. With Or Without You/Shine Like Stars (snippet)
21. Gloria
22. 40

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Brendan Byrne Arena, April 7, 1995

1. Tales of Bron
2. Thank You
3. Bring It On Home
4. Ramble On
5. Dancing Days
6. Shake My Tree
7. Lullaby
8. No Quarter
9. Gallows Pole
10. Hurdy-Gurdy Solo
11. When the Levee Breaks
12. Hey Hey What Can I Do
13. The Song Remains the Same (Probably the single greatest live experience I've ever witnessed.)
14. Since I've Been Loving You
15. Friends
16. Calling to You (Medley: Break On Through, For What It's Worth… more ) 
17. Four Sticks
18. In the Evening
19. Black Dog
20. Kashmir

Kiss, Madison Square Garden, July 25, 1996  (HOMECOMING! On the first leg of the reunion tour, first of four nights)
1. Deuce
2. King of the Night Time World
3. Do You Love Me
4. Calling Dr. Love
5. Cold Gin
6. I Stole Your Love
7. Shout It Out Loud
8. Watchin' You
9. Firehouse
10. Shock Me
11. Guitar Solo
12. Strutter
13. Rock Bottom
14. Bass Solo
15. God of Thunder
16. Drum Solo
17. New York Groove
18. Love Gun
19. 100,000 Years
20. Black Diamond
21. Detroit Rock City
22. Beth
23. Rock and Roll All Nite

Paul McCartney, Wells Fargo Arena, Philadelphia, August 15, 2010
1. Venus and Mars
2. Rock Show
3. Jet
4. All My Loving
5. Letting Go
6. Drive My Car
7. Highway
8. Let Me Roll It (followed by 'Foxy Lady' jam) 
9. The Long and Winding Road
10. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
11. Let 'Em In
12. My Love
13. I've Just Seen a Face
14. And I Love Her
15. Blackbird
16. Here Today
17. Dance Tonight
18. Mrs. Vandebilt
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Ram On
21. Something
22. Sing the Changes
23. Band on the Run
24. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
25. Back in the U.S.S.R.
26. I've Got a Feeling
27. Paperback Writer
28. A Day in the Life (with 'Give Peace a Chance' snippet) 
29. Let It Be
30. Live and Let Die
31. Hey Jude
Encore:
32. Day Tripper
33. Lady Madonna
34. Get Back
Encore 2:
35. Yesterday (I cried like a baby; second greatest concert moment ever).
36. Helter Skelter
37. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
38. The End

Honorable Mention:
Temple of the Dog, MSG, NY November 7, 2016
Pink Floyd, Yankee Stadium, New York, June 11, 1994 (Division Bell Tour)
ELP, Palace Theater New Haven, CT February 9, 1993
Marillion, Toad's Place, New Haven, CT February 12, 1990 (first tour with Hogarth)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »
Saw Page/Plant 2 nights later at the old Boston Garden. Damn what a show. I'm not even a huge Zeppelin guy but that was amazing.

Also saw U2 on that same tour, also at the Garden. Not a fan, but went to the show anyway.

I wasn't going to shows yet to see the Priest/Maiden tour. I remember them coming though. I wouldn't see my first show until the following summer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
I've seen pretty much everyone I ever wanted to see over the years, except for Queen I guess. It seemed like I was at a gig every couple of weeks, and everyone toured in those days (the 80s). These are the five that jump out.

Donington Monsters of Rock 1984 - Accept, Motley Crue, Y&T, Gary Moore, Ozzy, Van Halen, AC/DC. Possibly the greatest festival line up ever. My first festival.

DT - SFAM tour, Spock' Beard supporting

Queensryche- Empire tour

Meat Loaf - 10th Anniversary of Bat Out of Hell tour 1988, Lost Boys and Golden Girls tour. Meat was in great voice with a great band and a great set list. I missed the last bus home but biker band Dumpy's Rusty Nuts (YouTube 'em  :biggrin:) were playing a late gig nearby so I went to that to kill the time before a coach home. Several beers and a great unexpected gig rounded off the night in style.

KISS - reunion tour. I'd seen them several times but never with Ace and Peter and never in makeup.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
In no particular order.
 Boston 1997 at The Gorge in Wa State (Walk On, greatest hits tour)
 Rush.  Presto and R30 tours
 Yes.   at The Gorge. TALK tour
 Dream Theater.  ToT, Prog Nation, and TA tours.
 Symphony X. Underworld tour
 Iron Maiden.

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »
I’ve seen ton of shows, most of them back in the day. It was very hard to narrow it down. Actually, it was hard to simply not list 5 Iron Maiden shows!

But using the Desert Isle method, these are the 5 shows I’m taking with me:

Iron Maiden/Waysted
Providence Civic Center
March 30, 1987

This is my favorite Iron Maiden tour. My all time favorite concert moment in my life was hearing the opening notes to Phantom Of The Opera. This was long before you ever saw a setlist, so seeing a show was watching blind. The Murray/Smith solo was amazing. It’s the only time Caught Somewhere In Time, which is a TAC Top 5 Maiden tune, has been performed.

A few pics from the show:

The other thing that made this show so special was having Waysted as the opener. I am a HUGE UFO fan, so finally seeing Pete Way and Paul Chapman in person was amazing. In fact, Paul Chapman was right in front of us the whole show.
Here’s a shot of Chapman:

Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
The Ritz, New York City
June 8, 1992

This was actually my 8th time seeing Iron Maiden. After they played L’Amour’s to kick off the 7th Son tour, my college roommate, who lived in northern NJ, and I pledged that if they ever did something like that again, we’d go. Seeing Maiden in a small place was a dream come true.
We lined up so when they opened the doors, we’d get a spot near the stage. Of course that meant standing for some no name local band.
Of course, within 2 minutes of Dream Theater hitting the stage, my jaw was on the floor. Holy crap! I had never heard a band this good. Never. Anyway, I was reluctant to take any pictures because I didn’t want to get busted for Iron Maiden.
Obviously, Iron Maiden was amazing! I did manage a few good shots. In fact, if you see the bootleg, you can see my flash going off down in front of Dave Murray.
Here are a few pics:

Alice Cooper/Megadeth
Providence Civic Center
February 17, 1987

Alice Cooper’s “The Nightmare Returns” tour in 1986-87 was one of the most impactful experiences of my musical life. I was never really into him, but for some reason, I watched the Halloween ‘86 show from Detroit on MTV. I was extremely interested. He came to Worcester a few weeks later and I saw that show. I was blown away. I thought about listing that one, but at that point, I wasn’t really familiar with his catalog. Well, by the time he came to Providence 4 months later, I was a full fledged Alice maniac. Over the next few years, I probably listened to more Alice Cooper than anything else.
Oh, and Peace Sells era Megadeth!!! I had an awesome view of Gar Samuelson. What a solid drummer. Unfortunately I didn’t take any shots of Megadeth, but here’s a few of Alice:

Dream Theater
Axis, Boston
December 16, 1992

Having seen Dream Theater open for Iron Maiden in June, and then again in Boston in October, this was actually my third DT show in 6 months. And man, they were already my new favorite band.  At this time, I was just so amazed by them. I was pleasantly surprised that they were coming back to Boston again. And Axis was a real small club. Very intimate. They played an awesome version of Oh Holy Night. And I vividly remember MP spinning his cymbals during The Killing Hand which to this day, remains a TAC Top 5 DT track. One thing I remember is that it was snowing pretty good. And walking through the snow to my car, with Learning To Live’s outro echoing in my head, is a concert scene I’ll never forget. I taped the show as well as shot some pics, and I literally listened to the entire show on the way home that night.
As mentioned..some pics:

So picking a 5th show was damn near impossible. So I’m going to pick two #5’s!

5A:
UFO
The Living Room
Providence, RI
June 14, 1986

So, UFO, along with Iron Maiden, was basically the soundtrack to my high school life. I genuinely referred to them as my favorite band during this time. Even though Misdemeanor era UFO only contained Phil Mogg and Paul Raymond, I was hugely into it. I was only 17 for this club show, so thankfully it was an all ages show. Problem was, I was too young to drive home after the show. A guy (who was 22) whose wife worked with me was a UFO fan, so we paid for his ticket and he drove my car home. We actually went down early to try and meet the band. For some reason we stopped outside the Biltmore, figuring that was the nicest hotel in downtown Providence. When I tell you that we were not standing out there for 20 minutes, and then Phil Mogg walks out the front door, I am not kidding. My picture with Phil Mogg is one of my prized possessions. This was literally one of the best days of my life! Literally.

5B:
Grim Reaper/Armored Saint/Helloween
The Living Room
Providence, RI
September 24, 1987

The metal guys on the forum already know this, but I blind bought Helloween’s Keeper Of The Seven Keys after reading a magazine article describing the music. I remember buying the tape, putting it in, and I literally had to pull over into a nearby park and stop and listen to it in its entirety while reading the booklet. It was musical life changing. When I found out they were coming to Providence I was there! The three bands did a signing at a local Strawberries. I skipped Armored Saint and Grim Reaper, and I remember talking with Michael Kiske. He looked so young, I asked him how old he was. He said “19”. I had just turned 19 myself!
After the signings, we were walking around, when we saw ⅗ of Helloween going to Dunkin’ Donuts. There I got a pic with them, arm in arm with Kiske.
Anyway, Helloween was all I expected, but after deciding to stay for a song of from Armored Saint, I couldn’t leave as they blew me away. Their energy, especially from John Bush was absolutely incredible. We stayed for Grim Reaper’s first song, but seeing Helloween AND Armored Saint was amazing.

Ingo RIP

Dave RIP

Honorable Mentions:

Metallica/Queensryche
Worcester Centrum
March 16, 1989

We had second row seats, plus I got Jason’s pick! Some pics:

Guns n’ Roses/EZO
The Living Room
Providence RI
October 26, 1987

Appetite era club show. Amazing! Some pics:

Iron Maiden/Accept
Providence Civic Center
June 2, 1985

While not a huge Powerslave fan at the time, this show is notable as Accept turned in the best opening performance I’ve ever seen. Well second only to Dream Theater..

Kiss/Shooting Gallery
Avalon, Boston
May 8, 1992

Revenge era club tour. This was incredible. Avalon was such a great place to see a show. Small enough to be intimate, yet big enough to not be cramped. It was amazing seeing Paul and Gene so close. Plus Revenge was so bad ass, it was made for a club.
Oh, and Shooting gallery, which included Hanoi Rocks’ guitarist Andy McCoy was amazing. A TAC Top 5 Opening Performance.

Dio/Twisted Sister
Providence Civic Center
August 20, 1984

Last In Line tour. ‘Nuff said. Dio was just amazing. His band was fantastic on this tour. Blown away by them and the stage show. Vivian Campbell kicked ass too. WTF happened to him? And Twisted Sister was awesome.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »
Tim, amazing pictures and amazing write ups!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
I had some time tonight, was going to offer up my five, and then I see TAC's post and pix.  Will simply add to the many accolades this will generate, and say 'damn'.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline LordCost

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 06:03:03 AM »
Among the approximately 500 shows I've seen (most are listed here), without question the Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation ProgPowerUSA 1.0
(the final band out of 11 the Friday/Saturday, and their North American Live Debut):

Playing on 3 hours sleep per missing their connection in the Baltimore Airport, they left it all on stage. 2+ hours of emotional bliss.

approximately 11:00PM - 2:15AM 
Saturday February 24th, 2001
J.J. Kelleys Lansing, ILL

USED
IN THE FLESH
ASHES
MORNING ON EARTH
WELCOME TO ENTROPIA
WINNING A WAR
PEOPLE PASSING BY
NIGHTMIST
OBLIVION OCEAN
REVIVAL
NEW YEARS EVE
THE BIG MACHINE
SONG FOR THE INNOCENT
FALLING
THE PERFECT ELEMENT

(encore) 
SPIRIT OF THE LAND
INSIDE
IDIOGLOSSIA
!
LEAVING ENTROPIA (extended electric version)

As far as the other 4? I'll try to follow-up with setlists later.

Wow, this setlist is definitely my favourite compared to the other more recent PoS setlists I've read in this thread.

I've been to only a few live shows and it doesn't make sense to me to do a top 5, but my favourite one remains this one, which was also my first concert ever:

Leprous at Barrio's, Milan, Italy, 12th October 2012:

Setlist:

Forced Entry
Restless
Dare You
Passing
Mb. Indifferentia (best memory of this show)
Thorn
Waste Of Air
Coal (unreleased song at that time)
White
Acquired Taste

Honorable mention to the Anathema show in Milan the 6th October 2014. The opening with The Lost Song Pt1 and 2, Untouchable Pt1 and 2 and Thin Air was really emotional, one of my friends could start to cry at any moment, it was difficult to resist.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 06:39:55 AM »
Tim, amazing pictures and amazing write ups!!!

Thanks Joe...

...and Joe!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:45:15 AM by TAC »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 07:48:53 AM »
01: The Big 4 live from Yankee Stadium (2011)

Nothing will ever beat seeing these four bands at one show not to mention that Metallica played Orion.

02: Dream Theater Along For the Ride Tour @Hammerstein Ballroom (2014)

My first time seeing Dream Theater and what a show it was. Getting to see these virtuosos perform TDoE was a dream come true and I was right on the barrier for the whole thing.

03: Good Charlotte and Sum 41 @Starland Ballroom (2004)

At this point in time these were my two favorite bands and seeing them co-headline a show was the highlight of my preteen years.

04: Avenged Sevenfold Hail to the King Tour @Giant Center (2014)

I was torn between this show and the first time I saw them back in 2011 on the Nightmare tour but I decided to go with this one. I got Fiction at both shows but at this one they surprised the crowd by playing the full version of Second Heartbeat. Combine that with them bringing a fan on stage to play Unholy Confessions with them and it made for a memorable concert experience.

05: Green Day American Idiot Tour @Giants Stadium (2005)

There was nothing particularly special about this show as much as it was just an overall great concert. Green Day played their asses off and are one of the best live bands I have ever seen up there with Metallica and Dream Theater.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »
02: Dream Theater Along For the Ride Tour @Hammerstein Ballroom (2014)

My first time seeing Dream Theater and what a show it was. Getting to see these virtuosos perform TDoE was a dream come true and I was right on the barrier for the whole thing.

Good concert, I was there too.

TAC, those IM and DT experiences are making me jelly

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
TAC, those IM and DT experiences are making me jelly

Thanks Cram. It just means I'm old. ;D