Author Topic: Workplace gripe thread  (Read 1864 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Workplace gripe thread
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 11:34:36 PM »
Well Kev, Mason, and Bart, I appreciate all of you taking the time to give some friendly advice but these "owners" are so incompetent that none of this will work unfortunately for a multitude of reasons I won't bore y'all with. I basically just wanna secure a new job I can work in the day time, get comfortable there after a month or two to the extent I feel I can sever ties with the restaurant, and before I let my boss know I have a second job, I plan on trying to get him to sign a letter of recommendation for me so I can have that to fall back on in case I go through with reporting him to the labor board and he tries to retaliate by speaking falsely about my performance during my time there.

Now, once again, do any of you know if this is a reportable offense, what kind of evidence I need to prove it, and how long the statute of limitations lasts for such an offense if it is in fact reportable?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
I would first check out if there was an employee handbook or any type of orientation that list the managements policy on scheduling.  If they have it written down, and aren't following it, cal the BBB and see what they have to say.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:44 AM »
Handbook says "every Sunday" so technically this would be the first violation but it's now two days late even with the only requirement placed on it being that it's posted the very last day it possibly could in the first place since the thing starts on Mondays.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
First off, that's fucking retarded.

Secondly, I'm not sure what can be done.  Most of the states down there are "at will" employment, which gives the employer a shitload of leeway.  Not sure if anything can be done legally, just do your thing for a month or whatever necessary, and GTFO when you can.  Seems to me they are going to burn their own place down before long anyways, don't really need your help to do that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 04:21:29 AM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• DT.net Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »
Oh my dear lord :rollin

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
:clap:

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules